It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Volunteers to Help Me with An Art Exorcise?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hey dude

That one you did up above of the horse head dj is great!

I’ve been staring at the same painting for over a week now and I can’t bring myself to draw and paint what I need to. I’ve def been writing more and have a poem that goes with this painting I’m doing but ugh..anyway.

I like your style of art soo much tho. I just went back and looked at that comic from 2015. Such great detailed drawings
dig it a lot

Now draw me a black cat with glowing blue eyes sitting on a half moon and that’s it cause it is Friday the 13th in all

Check ya laters friend

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe you should

Ahem **best demon voice** "Your mother's in here with us, Brotherman. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it."

"I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps!"

I can make that
edit on 13-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

XD to funny
, love it.

I do some artwork myself, but had my heart broken trying to get into one of the top art schools in the country.. when I was younger so I stopped completely.. I was accepted into the school but coming from low income couldn't afford the 20% tuition(rest was paid for by the school and sponsors- because they wanted me there..).

So I stopped art for years, but here and there I tend to do things.. sadly I don't think I am ready for all the criticism yet because.. I finally started taking it seriously again after 15years. So only people that see it is family.
edit on 13-8-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I love your user name. I typically refer to my cats as dudebro. Lemme think of something... I'm colorblind, do you work with charcoal? Lights stand out well. Maybe a mixed media monochrome rust charcoal and LEDs. Like maybe a pig in an apron roasting a person on a spit with a bright fire and some floating embers.

Sounds like you're more into pencilling. How about a moose in a bookstore, scratching its chin over the decision of whether or not to purchase a novel?

Wait, non-fiction novel. Something about astrophysics. This moose has aspirations.
edit on 13-8-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I use everything to be honest. Well maybe not everything I don’t really do digital stuff. I have in my arsenal a large selection starting with thousands of pencils, thousands of colored pencils, hundreds and hundreds of markers of all sorts everything from copic to prisma color, probably every color of paint you can think of in both oil and acrylic, tons and tons of water colors and gauche. I have conte crayons falling out my ass, I have so many pieces of charcoal I can’t count and that’s both white and standard in all varying degrees of hardness and softness. I have so many different types of pens I can’t count them either everything from Sakura to rapidiograph.

I got a ton of shnit

About my name, well it really is my name IRL in some circles, but also really my name too.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I wish ya the best. I was always too cheap for art supplies so mine were mainly homemade or "borrowed". So I get the "I use everything" lol. I used to do a lot of digital stuff, taught my teachers the programs. Now I tend to do 1v1s out of random topics with whatever is around. Pretty fun. We post our works on Facebook for a vote of who won.

I started doing this thing where I do outlines with hot glue guns and pour colored wax from good will between the lines. There so much wax! And fire. Good times. Someimes I challenge people to draw things I'm doing. Always interesting and funny. Id like to see more of your work sometime.

ETA: that borrowed thing. I believe in take a penny, leave a penny. I'm no thief.
edit on 13-8-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Older piece I never finished but the thought behind it matches what you said to me about my moms here, well my rabbit is too

Oil paint and pen on vellum, oil painting on this medium is not very good I found out the hard way hence it is unfinished it is more like a science project.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Older piece I never finished but the thought behind it matches what you said to me about my moms here, well my rabbit is too

Not joking, I've spent half my life in Lincoln. Are you willing to sell it?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

sell what exactly? That page?

Lincoln was the name of my Friend and I's shop bunny his name was lincoln aka "super aggressive bunny" He was named after Lincoln Electric.

I paint welders too.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I spent half my life in Lincoln, ne. Lots of memories, and I love the aesthetics. It kinda speaks to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

sure you can have it u2u me. It is really an unfinished piece I was experimenting with.

I am guessing you mean lincoln Nebraska. lots of beer and corn there

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I wish ya the best. I was always too cheap for art supplies so mine were mainly homemade or "borrowed". So I get the "I use everything" lol. I used to do a lot of digital stuff, taught my teachers the programs. Now I tend to do 1v1s out of random topics with whatever is around. Pretty fun. We post our works on Facebook for a vote of who won.

I started doing this thing where I do outlines with hot glue guns and pour colored wax from good will between the lines. There so much wax! And fire. Good times. Someimes I challenge people to draw things I'm doing. Always interesting and funny. Id like to see more of your work sometime.

ETA: that borrowed thing. I believe in take a penny, leave a penny. I'm no thief.

I know you asked for charcoal earlier, and you said you were color blind. I will show you a charcoal I done but do you want to see something color intensive?

I have been working on a paint scheme and design to paint a prism style coffin gas tank for me bike. I have been hanging on to a theme for the bike itself, and that theme is gunslinger meets samurai. The tank design is literally going to be a fish in the water, but it is a coi fish. I plan to paint with lots of metal flake I have alot of "lyme" products I want to use up and a ton of root beer paint and a ton of pearl I wanna use up. I show you if you want.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One time on a wild acid trip I envisioned earth on top of a large sky scraper getting struck by lightning. Not sure of the significance of it but it’s always stuck with me.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Bruh, your style is so raw and pretty amazing

Thinking of yoooooouuuuu 🖤

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquidiron

One time on a wild acid trip I envisioned earth on top of a large sky scraper getting struck by lightning. Not sure of the significance of it but it’s always stuck with me.

Interesting … very interesting …

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

very cool painting... is that painted on wood or canvas/

Great job!

edit on 28082831pm312021Mon, 16 Aug 2021 17:28:53 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

very cool painting... is that painted on wood or canvas/

Great job!

Yould think it was on wood with all the gesso I used to treat the canvas lol, I was pretty wrekt when prepping that piece. Then again that piece is 4.5 foot by 3 foot length 1.5 inches deep and painted around the edges.

Still not done with it and been tinkering with it probably since 2016, I have a ton of oil paintings like that where I just work on them little by little when I'm in the mood.

Then alas, this thread isn't really about finished pieces its about getting warm up going on when I am uninspired.
edit on 17-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

I help you out today =D but got something a bit different in mind, check u2u so not to get off topic here to much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join