It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the Taliban Make a Comeback???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Colla
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Trump negotiated the deal to remove US troops by a deadline. Remember “amerikkka first”??! Lol. The hens come home to roost. You reap what you sow. 😘

You sound an awful lot like a user that got chased away from here for his blatant racism.

Recent screen name change?

Didn't fool anyone if so.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

When did the Taliban Make a Comeback???

Jan 20, 2021.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The "Taliban" was never defeated and they never left. They were just bidding time. They were always there, they were cleaning the latrine at Camp Stone. Dusting the rocks at Bastion...

Now that the defeat is obvious. Many a basic U.S. Army "Private" and "N.C.O." with an education in history, foretold all this.... Lol! You could tell by how the "war" was being run by all that "education" at the top. That it was going to be a loss.

Such a waste of life, time and public treasure.

But like all wars, somebody made money. That U.S. Marine, Gen. Butler. "War Is A Racket". Comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Trump's yes men negotiated the conditions for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan. They might have made the same political calculation that Kissinger and Nixon made concerning South Vietnam. In both cases, the aim was to ensure that the pack of cards crumpled on someone else's watch. If so, there is no way that the Biden admin is unaware of their unwanted inheritance.

Unless one is willing to argue for the reversal of Trump's policy, the topic hits a dead end.

edit on 15-8-2021 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: JBurns

Trump's yes men negotiated the conditions for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan. They might have made the same political calculation that Kissinger and Nixon made concerning South Vietnam. In both cases, the aim was to ensure that the pack of cards crumpled on someone else's watch. If so, there is no way that the Biden admin is unaware of their unwanted inheritance.

Unless one is willing to argue for the reversal of Trump's policy, the topic hits a dead end.

So Trump planned on losing the election?

Absurd.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

The whole point of the Trump admin buying time is to ensure that the inevitable happened after the election. To what extent Trump and his cronies considered the timing of events, for his potential second term is purely speculative. But another possibility is that Trump's political advisor's feared that the war was a political liability in the event he ran against Sanders. Most likely, Trump's America First dogma and his character are behind what occurred.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

The whole point of the Trump admin buying time is to ensure that the inevitable happened after the election. To what extent Trump and his cronies considered the timing of events, for his potential second term is purely speculative. But another possibility is that Trump's political advisor's feared that the war was a political liability in the event he ran against Sanders. Most likely, Trump's America First dogma and his character are behind what occurred.

Sure, that makes your claim a little less absurd.

Not.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
> USD 88 billions spent on security on Afghan for almost 20 years and their capital falls in a day. Another example of corruption on all sides and useless to train savages to be civilized. The sacarifices of the allied troops at least bought the world may be 20 years of relative peace from the taliban. Taliban is tougher than cockroaches. More terroirst attacks coming...

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Inauguration Day.

This nothing more than democrat mic making money. Pull out of afghanistan, invade elsewhere. Start a never ending war.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Much like COVID happened under Trump, Afghanistan happened under Biden. The buck stops there. What do you make of his "assurances" that the Taliban would not takeover? Not another Saigon they say. Worse! Biden surrendered to the Taliban.

Under Trump the withdrawal would have been carefully conducted and at the first sign of trouble the opposition would have been crushed. All those Taliban fighters moving in the open? Solemani style any body?

By leaving the M/E, we give up a major ability to cut off 50% of China's oil supply in the event of hostilities or otherwise.
edit on 8/16/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Much like COVID happened under Trump, Afghanistan happened under Biden. The buck stops there. What do you make of his "assurances" that the Taliban would not takeover? Not another Saigon they say. Worse! Biden surrendered to the Taliban.

I am amazed that anybody in their right mind would make such a statement. Yet, at the same time, the Biden admin pulled the leg out from the chair supporting the Afghan National Army (ANA). It is the equivalent of throwing somebody into a swimming pool and demanding to know how they got soaked.

Under Trump the withdrawal would have been carefully conducted and at the first sign of trouble the opposition would have been crushed. All those Taliban fighters moving in the open? Solemani style any body?

How would have the stalemate among the Taliban and their opponents remained? Moreover, the time to implement a Phoenix-style program against the Taliban is long gone.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They really did, threw them in the deep end with cement shoes on. It is a shame. For the whole country, but especially Afhanis that assisted the US. The fact they weren't fast tracked out of there is a disgrace.

The stalemate...a real good question. I certainly do not know, but I do know when you have a whole bunch of them moving in the open....that is the time for them to take 'em out. Could have at least reinforced the ANA

Everything I wrote may not be perfectly logical, but I am quite upset at the fall of a country we paid to build over the past 20 years. Instead of having the right to choose their own path, they will once again be subject to zealot thugs. Only now, they are fielding US tech, vehicles and weapons

What a disaster. We should have maintained a level of troops there. Even if just to keep a few bases back to attack China from.
edit on 8/17/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
originally posted by: JBurns

The stalemate...a real good question. I certainly do not know, but I do know when you have a whole bunch of them moving in the open....that is the time for them to take 'em out. Could have at least reinforced the ANA

The Biden admin replicated the end of the Vietnam War. Turning off logistical and financial support to the ANA and the AVRN ensured the outcome. I have no doubt that the door is open to historical sledge hammers to smash away at that decision.

Everything I wrote may not be perfectly logical, but I am quite upset at the fall of a country we paid to build over the past 20 years. Instead of having the right to choose their own path, they will once again be subject to zealot thugs. Only now, they are fielding US tech, vehicles and weapons

Perfectly understandable. I am the son of an Australian Army Vietnam Veteran, and I felt sick at times.

edit on 20-8-2021 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What?! LOL Where do you come guys come up with this crap? They have always been there we just don't talk about it in the US.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Here this is explains all about the Taliban

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Are you talking about Biden stating that Americans can come home if they pay $2,000?? If so, that is messed up!! When i read about it, I was like are you kidding me?!?!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
a reply to: marg6043

Are you talking about Biden stating that Americans can come home if they pay $2,000?? If so, that is messed up!! When i read about it, I was like are you kidding me?!?!

WHAT?

Where did you see that.

Outrageous if true.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Here you go:

www.westernjournal.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Here is the Tweet that is staing that they are not getting out for free

twitter.com...

If you scroll down it states that people have to pay to leave, I think this is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

One last post sorry here it is in the Politico article:

www.politico.com... 049

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join