It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Big Problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why the heel does ATS now log me out after like as little as five minutes of inactivaty?

Question number 2...refer to Question one.

Alternative question....why you logging me out bro?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Clean your cache and delete ATS cookies and re-log-in😎

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
also we can't post pdf here also

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've never experienced this. I've stayed logged in for hours of inactivity.

Do what Xuenchen said. The problem is on your end.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
yep, whoever bought this site has some modernization / upgrading to do.....

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's your personal settings. 300,00+ members ..we have no such issues, and can stay logged on for weeks, months.....

Member ATS-11 years

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Upgrading often comes with undesirable side-effects. The 2011 upgrade awarded several of us millions and millions of stars, accidentally removed the blinking "You've got mail" icon, among other things.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I only get logged out at random, maybe every 2-4 weeks

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: snowspirit

Upgrading often comes with undesirable side-effects. The 2011 upgrade awarded several of us millions and millions of stars, accidentally removed the blinking "You've got mail" icon, among other things.

The mail icon, used to be highlighted, but not blinking, when I joined. Then, years back, it no longer highlights even. I just check at random, have missed messages

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Same, maybe once a month.

I think it has something to do with some cookie expiring.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't have any problem with having to log back in unless I close the browser. It must be something on your end OP.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Why the heel does ATS now log me out after like as little as five minutes of inactivaty?

Question number 2...refer to Question one.

Alternative question....why you logging me out bro?

The title says your problem exclusively.. You've got a Big Big Problem.. (but probably on your end).

Cookie cleansing, Cache Clearing, Malware checks and removal. .... Did you try these before making this thread up?

Now I will say that in some weird examples, perhaps once a month (probably during a maintenance time), I will have to re-log in.

Now as to last Query... "Alternative question....why you logging me out bro? "

Since your last query is no different than your original complaint (other than a little more whiny with a conspiratorial slant)... please refer to my original answer as to why your (perhaps) getting 'logged out bro'.

Please feel free to come back and let us know what happens once the above happens and we can go from there. What we need to really help diagnose a problem is information. What OS are you using, any virus/malware running, cookie blockers, etc. If indeed you have a unique thing happening, the only way we can start in trying to figure out the glitch (if indeed there is one) is with information. We try to duplicate many of the glitches presented and/or look up other glitches that might have similar actions/results.

***ETA***

Are you talking about while your on ATS, you'll get 'logged out' and have to reopen ATS to log back on? Are you on a mobile device?

And are you not the same member that authored this thread back in 2016, "Hello, God Here"? I ask because this seems like a pretty trivial matter for the Almighty... And please forgive me, I'm not judging, just saying because I like to investigate strange phenomena.

But's that not what I'm seeing here (no strange or conspiratorial phenomena)....

Clean and clear out your cache and cookies, check your personal settings, and lets see what happens

edit on 8/12/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Added the need for more information and a personal query

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Are you referring to the message which sometimes appears on the mini-profile- "Alien Abduct [or DISRAELI] was on ATS ten minutes ago"?
It doesn't mean anything. It's just trying to confuse people.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Now I will say that in some weird examples, perhaps once a month (probably during a maintenance time), I will have to re-log in.
Having to re-login once a month is completely normal.
When you log in, you get a cookie, that expires in ~30 days.
So 30 days after you log in, your cookie expires and you have to log in again to get a new cookie that lasts for another 30 days.

That's still in effect for me, I can stay logged in for that 30 days and no longer, but that's fine the way it is. No idea what happened to the OP but it's something on his end or possibly with his internet provider.

In addition to what others suggested about clearing cache,cookies, review any add-ons that may involve those.
If still having issues, do a malware check using the free version of malware-bytes.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

It is, and for me, it's every 2 weeks on Wednesdays like clockwork, did it to me last night right on time

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It is, and for me, it's every 2 weeks on Wednesdays like clockwork, did it to me last night right on time
I perhaps wrongly assumed everybody got 30 day cookies. Are you sure yours is only two weeks?

I just got a new one to see if it was still 30 days, and it is.

Have you been naughty or something? Is that why your cookie has a shorter time?

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You guys were right. Deleted cookies and it worked.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Nyiah

I perhaps wrongly assumed everybody got 30 day cookies. Are you sure yours is only two weeks?

I just got a new one to see if it was still 30 days, and it is.

Have you been naughty or something? Is that why your cookie has a shorter time?

Actually, hindsight being what is it, it's due to my CCleaner clearing the cookies out, I run it twice a month. And on Wednesdays. Derp de derp.

I totally went Homer Simpson Dense on that, d'oh.
edit on 8/12/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
That makes a lot of sense. I lose all my cookies when I run ccleaner too, but I don't run it that often.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
a reply to: Arbitrageur

CCleaner has an option to keep cookies you select 😎

top topics

<<   2 >>

join