It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke AMEX, yea, they jumped the shark. Poor shark.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

American Express subjected its employees to a series of critical race theory training sessions that encouraged staff to rank themselves on a hierarchy of "privilege" and apply that hierarchy in the workplace, with the more "privileged" employees deferring to staff from "marginalized groups."

OK, so you are wrong and bad because of skin color. Heard it before, whatever, it's a joke.

but then there is this:

Rufo noted a high-profile "anti-racism" event, in which Amex executives invited Khalil Muhammad – a great-grandson of Nation of Islam founder Elijah Muhammad – to speak on "race in corporate America." He argued that capitalism was founded on racism and that "racist logics and forms of domination" have shaped Western society since at least the Industrial Revolution.

Muhammad argued that the credit card company should reduce standards for black customers and sacrifice profits in the interest of race-based reparations.

Please tell me somewhere there is more to this than a shakedown. It's been laughable, but at this point, I'm laughed out. Bring back my timeline, this one sucks. Fukn cern.
edit on 11-8-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

OK, so you are wrong and bad because of skin color. Heard it before, whatever, it's a joke.

Not a joke.
Not funny.
At all.

" you are wrong and bad because of skin color"

CRT is therefore textbook definition of racism
edit on 11-8-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's good that we're naming and shaming these companies.

The Media spotlights those that agree and never considers anything beyond that.

Trust me, we're not a racist Country and I bet CRT is one of those eye rolling Powerpoints we laugh at while someone builds a lawsuit over this BS.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm having a hard time rationalizing how a bunch of executives in a big company can all be idiots. it doesn't seem like it's real. Who would even listen to this garbage, let alone invite them.

Were they looking for a $ figure to absolve themselves of white guilt? Fkn clown world.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Most of the time when people talk about how stupid progressives in positions of power are, I argue that they are not stupid, just evil, that they know what they are doing and have an end game.

But sometimes, yeah ... they're just friggin' stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Wanna' hear some justice?

We just dropped AMEX. No biggie, right? Well, that was 120,000 accounts...closed. BOOM! That just happened. Probably about $40m annually in travel services on top of that, and I'm not talking about charges which went through AMEX (that would be 10x that amount), but rather fees that went directly to AMEX. OOPS!

See ya!

Grinned the entire time I was cutting up my AMEX card! Cut that puppy up into tiny pieces, not even a single number or character recognizable, and put it in three different waste containers. That card had no limit. If it did have a limit, I sure don't know what it was, because I put a $126,000 purchase on mine once (for work) and they never even batted an eye. Another guy bought a brand new Beamer 700 series with his just for the points. (He got into a wee bit of hot water over that though! LOL!). Not anymore! Buh-Bye!

Now we have to carry (another bank) company cards. (They're probably just as bad, maybe even worse, but I haven't heard about it yet.)

edit on 8/12/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

get woke, go broke.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

get woke, go broke.

Yep...SING IT LOUD, brothers and sisters!

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

get woke, go broke.

Yep...SING IT LOUD, brothers and sisters!

I almost never meme, not that I made this one LOL....but this is just too good to pass up and not share....

edit on Thu Aug 12 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I changed banks a few months ago. I'd been with the same one since 1990. They started questioning my purchases because I was buying supplies to reload my own ammo. It's none of their business and I told them that.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

that the logic would be acceptable to people you'd otherwise consider intelligent (financial sector heads aren't dumb) is staggering.

I refer to the internal conflicts that the 2 parties have (the right supporting the death penalty, but opposing abortion while calling themselves the party of life is a good example). This...this is a prime example of the internally conflicting viewpoints of the left.

In the world of Climate, we have China ignoring any climate standards and justifying it on reparations due to the years of colonial rule they suffered under with England. Is that acceptable reparations? They get more favorable allowances on carbon emissions because of racism and reparations?

RE: the OP...if that were to happen, i suspect a lawsuit would lay it bare pretty quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Grinned the entire time I was cutting up my AMEX card! Cut that puppy up into tiny pieces, not even a single number or character recognizable, and put it in three different waste containers.

Dude! You should have mailed it back to them, complete with an explanation of why.

Also, curious - how can one person quitting AMEX equal 120,000 accounts?

Now we have to carry (another bank) company cards. (They're probably just as bad, maybe even worse, but I haven't heard about it yet.)

Yeah, waiting on Bongino to start a liberty based bank...

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I changed banks a few months ago. I'd been with the same one since 1990. They started questioning my purchases because I was buying supplies to reload my own ammo. It's none of their business and I told them that.

We canceled our business accounts with BoA months ago, been bugging the wife to do it for years. Finally have everything moved over to our Credit Union (Delta Community - Dad is a retired Capitano)...

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

www.foxbusiness.com...

American Express subjected its employees to a series of critical race theory training sessions that encouraged staff to rank themselves on a hierarchy of "privilege" and apply that hierarchy in the workplace, with the more "privileged" employees deferring to staff from "marginalized groups."

but then there is this:

Rufo noted a high-profile "anti-racism" event, in which Amex executives invited Khalil Muhammad – a great-grandson of Nation of Islam founder Elijah Muhammad – to speak on "race in corporate America." He argued that capitalism was founded on racism and that "racist logics and forms of domination" have shaped Western society since at least the Industrial Revolution.

Muhammad argued that the credit card company should reduce standards for black customers and sacrifice profits in the interest of race-based reparations.

Please tell me somewhere there is more to this than a shakedown. It's been laughable, but at this point, I'm laughed out. Bring back my timeline, this one sucks. Fukn cern.

You’re working yourself up for no reason.

Engagements like this are a liability shield. That’s it.

They bring in their speaker, do some training, make it seem like they’re “woke” and then this will fade away. It’s pure PR and once they do their dance and publicize it - you won’t hear about it again.

You know what the sad truth is? Most white collar companies don’t have a D&I problem. I hire people into a business that is very white collar. I get very few minority applicants. I can’t hire who doesn’t apply. I get more women now - which is truly a good thing - but minorities? Few and far between.

The irony to me is that, if you’re a true capitalist, race/gender/orientation does not matter for #. I don’t care if you’re a black, gay, jewish tranny with glowing purple skin. If you’re the best being for the job, I’ll hire you. If I didn’t, I’d be foolish.

Yet the narrative is corporations shut people out while ignoring who makes up the candidate pool - which is entirely the choice of the applicant’s to make.
edit on 13-8-2021 by Hamburgler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Wasn't me quitting, it was the company I work for. These were corporate AMEX cards. The company has 120,000 employees and all, well most, are required to carry a corporate AMEX card. In retrospect, it was probably more like 100,000 accounts.

The way the accounts work is they are in your name, but they are backed by the company. So, you get the bill every month, then it's up to you to file the correct paperwork to expense the charges. Otherwise you are responsible to pay.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Wasn't me quitting, it was the company I work for. These were corporate AMEX cards. The company has 120,000 employees and all, well most, are required to carry a corporate AMEX card. In retrospect, it was probably more like 100,000 accounts.

The way the accounts work is they are in your name, but they are backed by the company. So, you get the bill every month, then it's up to you to file the correct paperwork to expense the charges. Otherwise you are responsible to pay.

Interesting.

You’re right about the “in your name” but I never get a bill. Goes straight to the company - only way it gets flagged is if I spend money on something that falls outside the scope of normal business expenditures. Otherwise - if I was told to buy a 3rd world country on it I’d never see the paperwork.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hamburgler

Well, to be clear, the bill also goes to the company. I'm fortunate to have a really great admin who does the paperwork, but she does pester me for the receipts (thankfully). So, all I really have to do is supply the receipts, usually just copies and PDF'd. The reason we get the bills is because we're allowed to use the cards for personal use if we wish also. Just can't expense those items.

top topics

join