It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Variant Symptoms Look Like The Common Cold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

--- THE START ---

I know, I know...another post on COVID-19. I'll make it quick.

The delta variant has become more confusing with mixed messaging

Yes, I agree with that headline. So, what should we think about the Delta variant? Let me let Connie Savor Price, chief medical officer at Denver Health, say it in her own words (with a little of my own emphasis sprinkled in):

Many worry that more contagious equals more dangerous, but Connie Savor Price, the chief medical officer at Denver Health says that’s not always the case.

“The original variant were a little less transmissible or contagious than what we are seeing now with the delta variant," Savor Price said. “There’s a lot of predictions that this virus will continue to evolve until it kind of becomes just another one of their common cold viruses, and we’re seeing that with the delta variant where the symptoms are looking more like the common cold.”

Sooo...talk amongst yourselves, but is the fervor over the Delta variant justified? Many studies that I have read and non-government medical experts that I have heard/seen/read tend to think not so much.

“I don’t think it’s an option to go back to some of the measures we took earlier. We have to figure out how to move forward," Savor Price said.

I tend to agree, Ms. Savor Price, so why are government officials acting like they want to take things to even newer heights of infringing on our liberties over this?

--- THE END ---

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As an aside, I see that this and the other health professional cited in the article agree that herd immunity is needed so that we give the virus less chance to evolve, but then they also say that evolution of this virus could result in it becoming as benign as the common cold.

I prefer letting the majority of people with average-to-good immune systems go without the vaccine and allow this to reduce down to a common cold, while those who truly NEED the vaccine get it for their protection. Other than the unproven concern that a variant could be more contagious AND more deadly, why is that such an unpopular approach?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The drug companies are trying to get as many suckers as they can hooked on the vaccines... With at least one or two booster injections, before people realize the variants are nothing burgers... Even less lethal then the original covid-19.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
the common cold

pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'd keep a very close eye on the rest of the world with this if it was me.

I'm starting to suspect that the US government is pushing a bit harder than other nations on certain things when it comes to covid restrictions.

If you don't follow the same basic route as the rest of us it's time to start making some noise.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Sweet appeal to emotion. Do you have anything better, or is that it?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It was time to start making noise a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I do not think herd immunity will be possible with this virus, as it mutates far too easily and we don't seem to have a complete vaccine to deal with it on a basic level. Its like the flu and cold...they mutate far too much to try to get a bead on a vaccine.

That there is thought that this virus may water itself down on symptoms is an interesting viewpoint. I'd need to see some more discussion on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

simply a display of the visual truth in what downplaying the reality looks like for this one specific family.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

A few weeks ago, I posted the symptoms of most that came down sick this time around, Sore throat, fever, runny nose, congestion and eventually if the infection moves to the lungs you get pneumonia, but colds and flus and any upper respiratory infections can cause pneumonia if the person do not get medical care in time.

Now, some people are still getting the first covid symptoms from last year, Fever, body aches and pains, some may get stomach flu symptoms, vomiting and diarrhea, chest congestion and inflammation of the lungs.

How the doctors tell you if you lungs are compromised is with X rays, usually shows as white if you already have the infection in the lungs. If you test positive with covid and have the symptoms you will be given an X ray to check your lungs and also a test to check your oxygen levels in the blood.

Most people will get over covid if they get treatment before it settles in the lungs, but people just wait until is too late and end up with a tube down their throat and dying from it.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Okay, so an appeal to emotion (logical fallacy) AND a cherry-picked instance to make this seem like the normal level of symptoms (also a logical fallacy).

Maybe you missed my second post right after the OP, where I said:

I prefer letting the majority of people with average-to-good immune systems go without the vaccine and allow this to reduce down to a common cold, while those who truly NEED the vaccine get it for their protection.

I fully understand that this has affected a small minority of people who have gotten the virus with life-threatening and life-ended symptoms, but that is not a reflection of the normal, which should be understood is what is being discussed.
edit on 11-8-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I got over the original strain of COVID with nothing more than a slight bit of chest congestion (like what a light cold or some allergies might give you), but then about 5 days of fatigue that felt like my body just didn't want to move. And then that was it.

My wife had a really bad headache that lasted a little more than a day, and then some tiredness and slight chest congestion, but nothing more, really. My son lost his sense of smell for a while and was tired for about 3 days, then was fine. My daughter got a fever for half of a day and was over it.

That's why I've always advocated for choice in the vaccination, because some people, like my family and extended family who all got it, recover fine without hospitalization (although my step-mom was close to having to go in, but my brother is a nurse and was keeping an eye on her).

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree that herd immunity won't be reached, for many reason that also include the mutation of this and other similar viruses. I've actually been arguing that for many, many months, only to be berated by people who buy into the claim that it's possible.

But, maybe it will be, and I'll eat crow at that point. So be it.

The concept of variants/mutations being less sever in symptoms but more contagious is a pretty common thing with these types of viruses. I know that you are a pretty well-learned individual, so I'm surprised that you haven't come across that before. Here's a short comment in an article from The Cleveland Clinic (with my own emphasis):

Most of the time, mutations are so small that they don’t significantly affect how the virus works, or they make the virus weaker, Dr. Rhoads says. But occasionally, a mutation helps the virus copy itself or get into our cells more easily.

There are better articles out there that discuss this, but I just wanted to give you a little something to start with.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, been saying this for what feels like ages now, had Covid multiple times with the first instance causing mild cold symptoms and put me out for roughly 3-4 days at best.

People living in fear of this malarkey just need to drink some orange juice and exercise, you don't need experimental shots put into you to fight this.

The human immune system has been around since we have and I'm pretty sure that Typhoid and Polio are about 1000x more dangerous than this joke called Covid.

The only person I've known that has died from Covid (supposedly) was around 600lbs and had SEVERE health issues, was even bed-ridden for two years prior!

It's all just so silly when I take a step back and consider the cause and effect over this narrative in it's entirety I can't help but laugh anymore. I get that people are dying out there but maybe... Just maybe.... instead of trusting strangers and experimental drugs with your health instead of bettering yourself and your immune system via health you are a bit at a loss.

I've had no flu shots since my school years long ago and have oddly enough had the flu once since and it was mild.

I think all of the fast food and drugs (legal or illegal) people shove in their bodies is the reason 90% of people die from Covid, or anything else.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Immunity?

Maybe not, probably not. For the exact reasons you gave.

However, herd resistance is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

So post about something else...??

How's that for an idea??

Kind of funny, you calling others drama queens.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

and also a test to check your oxygen levels in the blood.

If your doctor dosen't test this along with temprature, weight and blood pressure as soon as you are called back for an appointment, I would find another doctor quick.

I have three of these devices. They are less than $20 usd on eBay. It is called a pulse oximeter.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Faulty Experimental drugs & PCR Tests .. This again.....

Kerry Mullis, inventor of the PCR test

PCR test can find anything in anybody if misused...

died in 2019 ... Seems convenient considering the TIMING

Pfizer ..Not Safe or Effective
Get a jab a cold and side effects .... M'kay
You people are starting to humor me ...

Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. 

edit on 8112021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
When I had it, it was like a bad flu. Could not keep anything down for a few days and had the runs for a week. Felt lousey for several weeks.

I did get a blood test and verified that I had covid. I see no need for me to get the 'vaccene' as the risks are not worth the non benifits.

The only reason they are scared of this is for power over the people. They want you to submit like kissing the ring of the king.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join