It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when your job gives you the vaccine ultimatum?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

In the hospital lab I work at we are somewhere around 70-80% vaccinated (there’s a few individuals whose status is unknown so I can’t be sure) about a third I know of did not want it, but didn’t see a path forward without getting it. About a third very pro vax and then again I have no idea on the remaining.
In my personal life I’d say it’s about 50:50 on healthcare folks getting it.

I’m in a 230 bed hospital. We currently have 18 covid patients.
Another hospital about 15 miles away has 300 beds and 80 covid patients

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

This is from the UK.
www.charitytoday.co.uk...

But I would suggest that there is an outright consensus that forcing Vaccination upon people is a breech of human rights law and then discrimination based upon that would also fall into that same category of human rights abuse any GOOD not a crap one remember a GOOD human rights lawyer would not only win any such person a huge out of court settlement but should they force the issue also create a landmark ruling against said discrimination.

That is compounded by the increasing evidence that these vaccines can do significant harm despite the media and government driven whitewash and obscuration of the pertinent facts.

So Legal representation but it has to be good.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

So you’re against having more information for people to potentially choose?
Secondly, OP did not mention mRNA once
edit on 11-8-2021 by PeteMitchell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
If someone is worried about mRNA based vaccines they can get the j&j vaccine.

Why?
What's the difference between a mRNA shot and a viral vector shot?

Why worry about mRNA shot specifically?
And not viral vector?
edit on 11-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PeteMitchell

I provided more information, the Op sated vaccine, singular there are more than one. They can research the J&J vaccine separately from the mRNA based vaccines with a clear distinction that they are not the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just get the j&j vaccine if you're worried about mRNA.

Why worry about mRNA shot specifically?
And not viral vector?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Get a flu shot. Or the shingles vax.

Tell them you got the shot. Not a lie, just an omission of details that they have no business knowing anyway.
edit on 11-8-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've been living simpler and simpler as the world crumbles. I live at home and take care of my dad, so expenses are minimal. I only have a part time job to supplement my income, but I will not cry when they have to fire me or I quit due to the mandatory BS. I already have supplies/food/PM ready and a basic escape plan if this city gets unbearable. Already working my art angle to sell online.

I will not be getting ANY of the jabs, I've done my research and am not willing to take the risks vs. my healthy immune system which has never failed me.

It's good to do your own research and come up with your answers you can live with.

Best health to you all

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So your more…incomplete information = good.
My information = not good.
Makes sense

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I don't think there is necessarily anything to worry about in the mRNA vaccines, but they receive the most clouded information in the media and the most direct disinformation. The majority of articles and opinions only reference them and being the J&J vaccine is based on established technology which has gone through a dozen plus clinical trials, it doesn't have the mystique necessary to create an environment of misinformation.

The mRNA based vaccines introduce a bit of RNA which carries the information necessary to produce the protein links that are carried on the outside of the covid-19 virus. the cells which get those instructions produce the proteins which your immune system identifies as being foreign and an immune response is triggered to attack the cells carrying the proteins. This is what gives your body the necessary information to fight a covid infection.

The J&J vaccine uses a modified benign virus that only has the instructions to produce the protein link. It can't replicate as it misses the necessary and none of your own cells are changed, a virus is just released in your body that your body can fight freely. This is the technology used in the ebola vaccine which has underwent rigorous testing and saved thousands, if not millions of lives in Africa.

I went with the J&J vaccine because I followed the Ebola vaccine development process since it's inception as it was a very neat leap in vaccine technology and I personally knew much more about it's technology than mRNA processes.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They can research the J&J vaccine separately from the mRNA based vaccines with a clear distinction that they are not the same.

How are they not the same?

Both types mentioned contain a code which tell your own cells to manufacture the pathogen protein.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That is not the case, I explained how each works.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I went with the J&J vaccine because I followed the Ebola vaccine development process since it's inception as it was a very neat leap in vaccine technology…

Interesting. Thanks for the breadcrumb. Gives me some things to read about at work today. I didn’t even piece those two together.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PeteMitchell

You didn't provide information you just stated something wasn't like historical vaccines without explaining why, which is not accurate anyway, and then reference a new vaccine without any information on what or who novovax is. Finally you wiped away your first statement with regardless as a brush and stated an opinion.

It’s still not like historical vaccines. I believe novovax would be a reasonable option that is based on the same science as most prior vaccines. But I don’t see anything about them filing with the FDA either.
Regardless, I don’t care which vaccine it is for covid. I’m not interested. No different than the annual campaign for the flu vaccine. But that’s just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

My reply about novovax had just as much to do with the OP as your initial J&J comment. We could have both expanded on our comments better sure.
My intention was simply that a lot of the hesitancy isn’t just the mRNA variants but sometimes the J&J as well. I’ve been following some rumbling about the nov. vaccine and figured it may be of interest to some to do their own further digging on. I didn’t mean to simply disagree with your initial response. But I see we’ve taken this train to the point of bantering nonsense.
Anyways. My apologies for not being more clear

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That is not the case, I explained how each works.

Unless I am reading the below wrong.....viral vector shots still use the bodies machinery to produce the spike.

Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of a different virus (the vector) to deliver important instructions to our cells.

First, the vector (not the virus that causes COVID-19, but a different, harmless virus) will enter a cell in our body and then use the cell’s machinery to produce a harmless piece of the virus that causes COVID-19. This piece is known as a spike protein and it is only found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
(bolding mine)
Understanding Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ive worked in a food industey before & they never tested for herpes or hepatitus & didnt ask for medical recorda of it. Theres no such thing as law only power. How big is your army? Do you have a big enough army of lawers to change what you deem unruly? Do you have enough politicians & judgea in your pocket or enough soldiers to not be overrun?.

If the constitution was interpreted back then the way it is now noone would have followed it. The goverment would own all gunpowdered rifles while citizens only be allowed bow & arrow. The constitution said nothing about womens rights but thats how we interpret it now.

I dont know the future of whats been going on butt it for sure has more to do with powerful people picking & choosing what words mean. no cap dog didnt i just kill that homeslice.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams
a reply to: CthruU

I value people’s opinions as they make up the Truth. All the varying opinions. Being fluid and opened is not weakness but allows you to consider the option that is best for you. There is no one answer for this. The people getting the vaccines are not wrong just like you aren’t. Both have their own consequences.

This is a ridiculously flawed approach to making a serious decision in your life.

You are valuing the views of strangers on an internet conspiracy board that has posts about aliens taking humans up to space?

It also has posts about subjects that we are no longer allowed to talk about on other social media, or among family and friends. Subjects like covid and it's subsequent vaccines.

People here do a lot of good research and even if an ats member posts views very contrary to my own, I appreciate their views, as well as mine, being allowed to be discussed so that we can all gain insight.

To be honest, I am not anti vax but am anti covid vax, yet I'd listen to the insight of a pro vax ats member over that of the bleating media. Any day. I think the op wasn't saying they'd make decision from what people offered but looking for layers of insight into a complex dilemma. Much like we could do chatting with a friend about life decisions... back when we could do that type of thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you don't mind answering, in which state do you live?

Either way, I feel for you if you are in this position, but I fear that I may be in it soon, too, since I'm a federal employee and they're mulling over the idea of vaccine mandates at the federal-employee level. But, as long as they offer the option to take tests instead, then I will not get the jab.

But, when it comes down to it, we are a single-income family, and so if my hand was forced, I would increase my life insurance by A LOT and then get the shot, only out of the love for my family and the willingness to do whatever it takes to provide for them.

I don't have the willingness to start my own business, especially in this economic market of uncertainty, and my A.D.D. issues make working for myself a very, very difficult proposition.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Horrible. What will be next, forcing the same thing on other people for uncle Sam?

Or you can have faith and bet on it. It almost starts looking like God's gathering the church.
Providing for those who stand firm. (you need to make the right choice every day tho)
People are being forced to leave the Babylon. It's a good thing.
What will happen when half the people leave? It will fall. It will finaly burn like Sodom and leak blood. Like a house of cards. Cant you see how close it is?
There's enough like minded people who will not force BS on you. I encourage you to formulate it into a new job application. You seem to be waiting and not trying other options

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join