It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dumb Vibe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Well KL2 : the first 5-6 seconds is pretty close to that intended sound, except in three iterations, representing a charming oldish man chuckling all of the time.

Am just here for the chuckles...

( Heech-heech-heech !!! )

Here's a song to celebrate your wonderful self :
( Don't let it go to your head, we're all wonderful... ) ( Heech-heech-heech !!! )

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

I looked it up www.verywellmind.com...

2. is what I'm talking about- only... I put it in words where I hold the person accountable for not taking into consideration the emotions of others, whereas in this article they relieve some of that responsibility by claiming that the person is literally not capable by being "oblivious." I'm sure there are some cases where a person is literally incapable- however they may learn how to mentally consider the emotional states of others.

But it doesn't matter if a person is literally incapable of reading others emotions, and it doesn't matter who's responsible for whose happiness... if somebody is being abusive, emotionally or otherwise, then that person is in the wrong.

There's a disconnect between what you and I are saying.

If someone is treating you badly you should probably cease to have any form of communication with them, and if necessary take further action to ensure they can't come into contact with you.

Why would you want to continue interacting with someone who you feel is being abusive?

Here's another article about identifying signs of "low EQ."

www.talentsmarteq.com...

And another:

www.businessinsider.com...

I'm open to having a discussion about low EQ and about abusive behaviours, but to say that someone is being abusive for not letting someone else's hang ups or misunderstanding affect them is kind of rubbish.

One person can for certain understand another person's emotions and choose not to be affected by it. It's not a lack of empathy. It's not abusive. It's realizing a thing for what it is, evaluating it, and then deciding if it's worth their own sanity.

Furthermore, you most certainly can hold a person accountable for their perceived lack of consideration for your feelings, but it would be rather rude and over demanding to expect most anyone to adjust their own personal lives to cater to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I love you. a reply to: KindraLabelle2

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

That guy's mastery of the language is impressive(I've seen my share of old Jet Li movies and Netflix series). I would love to learn Mandarin, but it really requires time. Mandarin and Cantonese are supposed to be the most difficult languages (other than Russian, which my father spoke fluently).

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
Sooo, talking about emoji and typo's and cross language interpretation...

I can't get over my typo in the OP and been laughing so hard about it:

'Every time I meat a co-worker'

because in my native language, that sentence got a whole different meaning!

There used to be a funny video circulating the net showing how Coca Cola ads in foreign languages turned out to be so silly. I don't know if it's still around or not.
Many Americans have not had a good education in English grammar and spelling, but my problem is generally an over-zealous automatic spell-checker. There was also a funny video of silly phone chats which went wrong too.
Enjoy your day and have fun at ATS.
Oh maybe it was Pepsi, but in any case..... here was the translation I was talking about >>

Original: "Come alive with Pepsi!"
Translation: "Pepsi bring your ancestors back from the dead!" in Chinese

www.businessinsider.com...-4
edit on 14-8-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Bite the wax tadpole. Priceless. Or should I say LOL?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I can understand it, speak it and write it with the occasional typo's that even native English speakers make.

I wouldn't say anything, but the irony is too massive for me to ignore this.

Plurals don't use apostrophe, so you are talking about something 'a typo owns'.

Be careful when praising yourself, because that's the moment you're going to make that error that invalidates that praise.. just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

I can understand it, speak it and write it with the occasional typo's that even native English speakers make.

I wouldn't say anything, but the irony is too massive for me to ignore this.

Plurals don't use apostrophe, so you are talking about something 'a typo owns'.

Be careful when praising yourself, because that's the moment you're going to make that error that invalidates that praise.. just sayin'.

yeah that was a spelling error, you'll find more of these if you went through all of my posts. And even more in my OP, which are already pointed out by others.
Still, in my defense, I believe my English writing is perfectly understandable for others.

The topic was about others treating you as being 'dumb', then blame it on the tone in written English when they know absolutely nothing about you.

Do you assume I am dumb for placing an apostrophe where it doesn't belong?

edit on 20-8-2021 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join