It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Before Republican Party Has to Split Into Two or More New Parties?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not even really criticizing the platform of the party, I'm just looking at the news and see where there is a huge and obvious divide among the party members on a number of issues, including Covid and the economy and social issues. Pretty distinct and significant opinions about how people should be governed and what they stand for. Sure the Democrats have disagreements, too, but none so obvious and extreme.

From my perspective, these kinds of serious divides can't continue for long without there being some kind of split, either two ways or three, into what will essentially be new parties.

The only way I can see it not happening is with politicians holding it together for the obvious money-making opportunities for campaigning and to hold on to votes cast by the people who are committed to the Republican party no matter what. Will it be enough? I guess we'll just have to see. I'm thinking it might last another five years or so, or until somebody with a lot of money decides to push forward with a new party. Or maybe they'll revive the Whigs or the Bull Moose party. These days the future is hard to predict.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
voting is all done by computers in China.

political parties are moot

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Won't happen. There is no super far right and moderate right.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I've argued this for a long time: The fact that the U.S. Constitution says that whichever presidential candidate gets "the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; .... If that doesn't happen, then the House of Representatives picks the winner from the top-three candidates (according to electoral vote totals).

With that in mind, it's no wonder that the GOP wants to encompass every candidate that is even slightly right of center to all the way to the extreme right, and the DNC is the same way with candidates on the left. There's no way that a Mitt Romney should be in the same party as a Thomas Massie, and AOC should not be in the same party as Tulsi Gabbard. But neither side wants to leave it up to the House, so they basically buy candidates into their respective parties with promises of vast election coffers if they win the primary.

I don't foresee an America where the two parties split into smaller ones until we get rid of that "if such number be the majority of the whole number" language in the 12th Amendment.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If the TEA party didn't do it, it won't happen. You can see the critters all rushing in to hijack the Trump thing. About the only nationally known person that I trust right now is DeSantis. All the Cruz's can suck it...i remember who he is, and only approve of him by holding my nose when he comes near.

I think a bigger question is "who is behind it?" Is this turmoil wanted? If its not, then its easy to fix: completely isolate from China, and prepare for war. Its the only way out. And I think Hitler showed us that appeasement is a folly. So no idea why we keep doing it.

Once we finish that, we need to get some McCarthyism going again to root out the Lebrons of the entertainment industry. The sell outs and traitors that exchanged their soul for CCP cash.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I do find it odd that DeSantis also seems very genuine to me. He is a bit of a refreshing politician in that sense. Cruz is a turd. DeSantis has something that I haven't seen in politicians lately. He doesn't seem to be grandstanding anything and doesn't appear to be looking for the spotlight on anything. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he seems trustworthy and speaks to people like they are adults, not bleeding hearts children.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
All "Party Splits" get infiltrated eventually.

The last successful Party split was when Democrats split from the original Democratic-Republican Party which dissolved in 1834.

💡

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Hes got some showman in him. But not grandiose.

Id vote for him if it were today

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was a Republican for 40 years until Trump and Covid revealed the party to be full of fruitcakes and morons. I'm now registered as an unaffiliated.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm not even really criticizing the platform of the party
what was their platform at the at 2020 election? Anything trump wanted if I am not wrong. They had no platform, no talking points, no direction.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ussmidway
I was a Republican for 40 years until Trump and Covid revealed the party to be full of fruitcakes and morons. I'm now registered as an unaffiliated.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If the TEA party didn't do it, it won't happen. You can see the critters all rushing in to hijack the Trump thing. About the only nationally known person that I trust right now is DeSantis. All the Cruz's can suck it...i remember who he is, and only approve of him by holding my nose when he comes near.

I think a bigger question is "who is behind it?" Is this turmoil wanted? If its not, then its easy to fix: completely isolate from China, and prepare for war. Its the only way out. And I think Hitler showed us that appeasement is a folly. So no idea why we keep doing it.

Once we finish that, we need to get some McCarthyism going again to root out the Lebrons of the entertainment industry. The sell outs and traitors that exchanged their soul for CCP cash.

The Tea party was originally a grass roots movement of disenfranchised Republicans, Democrats and Independents, that were fed up with both corrupt parties and they had the numbers to do it, until members of the Republican party like Sarah Palin embraced the movement and gave it the kiss of death. The Democrats and Independents left the tent and when only the Republicans were left the Republican party absorbed them and destroyed them.

It was a text book case how on how both corrupt parties subvert and disrupt any grassroots counter movement or party.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I do find it odd that DeSantis also seems very genuine to me. He is a bit of a refreshing politician in that sense. Cruz is a turd. DeSantis has something that I haven't seen in politicians lately. He doesn't seem to be grandstanding anything and doesn't appear to be looking for the spotlight on anything. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he seems trustworthy and speaks to people like they are adults, not bleeding hearts children.

The thing is we've been disappointed time and time again... there always come a candidate that seems like they can communicate arguments well but then they have some massive flaw that comes to light once they hit national stage.

DeSantis seems like a straight shooter but I'd really like to know more about him.

I am watching Larry Elder's run in CA. He could be a good national candidate. The left and media would have a tough time debating him. I don't know what kind of baggage he may have though. Sure there some affair or something being held back.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I believe you have your parties bass-ackwards .
From a one time registered Democrat .
Then I took an arrow of morality , intellect , and wisdom to the knee .
It's the Democrat Party that needs to split.
The "True Blue " Democrats (if there are any left ) . The last one I know of was Teddy .
And the ridiculous "Progressive Liberal" communists which have overran the "True Blue" Democrats .
Started with my generation and us "long-haired tree-hugging hippies"
edit on 8/10/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The thing is we've been disappointed time and time again... there always come a candidate that seems like they can communicate arguments well but then they have some massive flaw that comes to light once they hit national stage.

DeSantis seems like a straight shooter but I'd really like to know more about him.

I am watching Larry Elder's run in CA. He could be a good national candidate. The left and media would have a tough time debating him. I don't know what kind of baggage he may have though. Sure there some affair or something being held back.

Honestly, I am still a Tulsi Gabbard fan....never heard anything bad about her and she seems like a very middle of the road conservative/liberal....and she served in the US Armed Forces. I have a much better feeling about folks who have served for their country.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Jan 6 insurection/coup attempt, destroyed the GOP. It's their legacy and they are going to have to live with it. The republicans handed the power over to the democrats on a silver platter. Perhaps that was the plan all along....

or...

Maybe the pillow man is right and trump will be reinstated in 3 days. Nothing would surprise me in the clown show that has become US politics.

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 11-8-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What is really scary is that the left isn't divided.

More and more republicans are aligning themselves with the left.

Authoritarianism.

It's here.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

If nothing else, the democrats will invent something.
Likely something out of the blue and at the last minute, so no one can confirm it.
edit on 11-8-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Wasn't this already tried with the Tea party?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join