It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Attacks Israel with Massive Cyber Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Haaretz News

A coordinated cyberattack, which most likely originated in China, hit dozens of Israeli government and private organizations, according to an announcement Monday by the international cybersecurity company FireEye.

This is the first documented case of a large-scale Chinese attack on Israel. It was part of a broader campaign that targeted many other countries, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Thailand. FireEye has been monitoring the operation for two years.

I find the other countries that China is attacking to be interesting.

Looks like some of their supposed "allies".

WTF interest does China have in Israel?

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Haaretz News

A coordinated cyberattack, which most likely originated in China, hit dozens of Israeli government and private organizations, according to an announcement Monday by the international cybersecurity company FireEye.

This is the first documented case of a large-scale Chinese attack on Israel. It was part of a broader campaign that targeted many other countries, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Thailand. FireEye has been monitoring the operation for two years.

Look at this situation with regard to other things that are happening right now.
Maybe China isn't our enemy?

Just throwing something out there to consider, this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Haaretz News

Look at this situation with regard to other things that are happening right now.
Maybe China isn't our enemy?

Just throwing something out there to consider, this is a conspiracy site.

Nothing, and I mean that, nothing would surprise me at this point.

It's all narrative, all the time.

Who knows what the West is doing with Cyber Attacks? I'm sure we do them too, then act like China is the pariah, lol.

Never know.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Any sort of intellectual property, that's typically what they go after. That's how the country actually gets the majority of its ideas is via theft from other countries hard work.

Edit: yes we conduct attacks, no they are not talked about. Rather than have organized crime handle them like Russia does, or the state like China does, the US gives that job to private security firms for plausible deniability.
edit on 8/10/21 by Hypntick because: additional info

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Any sort of intellectual property, that's typically what they go after. That's how the country actually gets the majority of its ideas is via theft from other countries hard work.

The country of knockoffs. Yea, I've read about that. Israel would be a good target for sure.

I know they have people send intellectual property back to China from whatever corporation they work at in the West, too.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Who do you mean by "our"?

If you mean Americans who support freedom, the Constitution, and not submitting to globalist Marxists. Then China is absolutely our enemy.

If you mean the current corrupt, bought and paid for ccp lackeys currently trying to turn the US into a 3rd world sh!t-hole, then yes. China is not their enemy.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Probably did it for Iran as a favor.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And Israeli news source claiming that China has hacked the country of Israel?

And I'll say it again, there's no way of accurately determining where the hack came from, end of the day it could've been ANY country

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If it was China, which I doubt, its probably simply because Israel is a US ally. I would guess China is making the statement that being a US Ally is not a healthy thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Probably did it for Iran as a favor.

That was my very first thought, then, I noticed Iran is on the list too, lmao.

Doesn't mean they aren't 2 faced of course.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: butcherguy

Who do you mean by "our"?

If you mean Americans who support freedom, the Constitution, and not submitting to globalist Marxists. Then China is absolutely our enemy.

If you mean the current corrupt, bought and paid for ccp lackeys currently trying to turn the US into a 3rd world sh!t-hole, then yes. China is not their enemy.

I am just saying that often things turn out differently to what they appear to be, especially when global intrigue is involved.
I am not saying that China is our friend, but that it could be that they are doing us a favor right now, and we don't know enough about what is going on to be able to see it.
Many people don't believe that Israel is a friend to us.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

And Israeli news source claiming that China has hacked the country of Israel?

And I'll say it again, there's no way of accurately determining where the hack came from, end of the day it could've been ANY country

Who runs FireEye?

I've actually read the article and then, looked into the background.

Also, not sure if you're aware, but you CAN trace where an attack came from, it may just take so long that it isn't worth the time.

Maybe that isn't the case here, I'd have to see the Network Forensics.

You think Israel faked it?

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The US Army seems to be agreeing with FireEye.

twitter.com...

UNC215: Spotlight on a Chinese Espionage Campaign in Israel

Mandiant attributes this campaign to Chinese espionage operators which we track as UNC215 a Chinese espionage operation that has been suspected of targeting organizations around the world since at least 2014. We have low confidence that UNC215 is associated with APT27. UNC215 has compromised organizations in the government, technology, telecommunications, defense, finance, entertainment, and health care sectors. The group targets data and organizations which are of great interest to Beijing's financial, diplomatic, and strategic objectives.

The activity detailed in this post demonstrates China’s consistent strategic interest in the Middle East. This cyber espionage activity is happening against the backdrop of China’s multi-billion-dollar investments related to the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and its interest in Israeli’s robust technology sector.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh my! I missed that, now I'm scratching my head.
Hmmmmmmm..... face palm and chin in my hand. Wonder what China was looking for in this instance. Perhaps a flawed security issue they wanted iran to address? This has me curious, then again I don't believe China is looking for true allies when it comes to their end game.

This is interesting too:

Despite the ongoing American feud with China, Israel has allowed Chinese companies to carry out several major infrastructure projects here, including building a new port in Haifa and the light rail project in the greater Tel Aviv area.

Surprised Israel would let this take place.🤔

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Excellent. Has more detailed info too.

Thanks for that!

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm..... face palm and chin in my hand. Wonder what China was looking for in this instance. Perhaps a flawed security issue they wanted iran to address? This has me curious, then again I don't believe China is looking for true allies when it comes to their end game.

This is interesting too:

Despite the ongoing American feud with China, Israel has allowed Chinese companies to carry out several major infrastructure projects here, including building a new port in Haifa and the light rail project in the greater Tel Aviv area.

Looks like they're after intellectual property and probably inside information related to the deals they have going with Israel.

Yea, China doesn't actually give a # about "allies".

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's an american company by the looks of it.

So, unfortunately with that, I take it with a pinch of salt.

Currently being bought out too.

Let me guess, the hackers used Chinese email addresses.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is interesting too:

Israel could have built the new port and other projects themselves but it would be so much less expensive to contract it out...
edit on 10-8-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Let me guess, the hackers used Chinese email addresses.

Why guess?

Read.

Email addresses for what?

I'm not following.

The States did it, but then had FireEye pretend to detect it coming from China?

Or, China did it, but then, assumed no one would believe that, since, the information is coming from the US?

Or, it's all a false flag? By the US?
edit on 8/10/2021 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Good point, good point

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join