It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everything ok with ATS on the backend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know I generally only discuss spiritual topics on here, but my background is in computer engineering. I've done everything from hardware repair to software development to web development. The ATS website appears to be either running on a massively overloaded (by either an unexpected level of activity or underpowered hardware), or under a dos attack. I haven’t been here on ATS long, so I don’t know if this is normal or not for this site. I keep getting failed page loads and slow loading times. If someone could look into the dashboard and verify everything is ok. That would be great.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

Eh?

They just added 2 more hamsters to run the wheels.

Should be faster than ever!

jk

According to my experience it runs better with some browsers/configurations than others.

On my laptop I have no issues at all, but on my old PC it hangs the odd time and is laggy.

Probably related to GoDaddy.
edit on 8/10/2021 by MykeNukem because: jk

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Did they caffinate the hamsters?

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
On my tablet/phone I constantly get Server could not be contacted. errors, starring or flagging not responding to touches, etc.

PC is fine, never drops, so it's confusing.

Maybe they are making a dedicated android app

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
On my tablet/phone I constantly get Server could not be contacted. errors, starring or flagging not responding to touches, etc.

PC is fine, never drops, so it's confusing.

Maybe they are making a dedicated android app

That would be great.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its been running better than it has in years for me. a reply to: GolgothaBridge

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Its been running better than it has in years for me. a reply to: GolgothaBridge

This. One day ill do some traffic inspection and attempt to get the attention of whoever but for now it runs fine and i am far too busy.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

For me I find it works fine if I'm using my home WiFi on mobile, if I'm using data though it'll time out about 50% of the time trying to load a page.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed the the sane now for about a month..usually when I pick up a mobile device and start a read session here on ATS...the first or sometimes second page I browse to does not load.
And it from there takes me a coup km e or few refreshes to get it to load.

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge
I know I generally only discuss spiritual topics on here, but my background is in computer engineering. I've done everything from hardware repair to software development to web development. The ATS website appears to be either running on a massively overloaded (by either an unexpected level of activity or underpowered hardware), or under a dos attack. I haven’t been here on ATS long, so I don’t know if this is normal or not for this site. I keep getting failed page loads and slow loading times. If someone could look into the dashboard and verify everything is ok. That would be great.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

Now that's interesting. I've never used it on a computer.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My tab only uses my wifi, so even curiouser.. only difference I can think is being served the mobile site, not desktop version, but if its fine for you, it can't be that..

Maybe the elusive new owners may grace us with knowledge! Lol

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What happened with ownership? I've seen a few references to this lately.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

For me I find it works fine if I'm using my home WiFi on mobile, if I'm using data though it'll time out about 50% of the time trying to load a page.

I was going to post about this same problem, which has been happening for the last few days. However, my problem is the opposite of dug88's.

Running Chrome on Android, all is well on 4G mobile network, when I switch to WiFi I get time-out problems and it takes several refreshes to load pages. I haven't yet tried Firefox & Co. It only happens with ATS.

The WiFi is actually another mobile network going through a hotspot modem.

ETA: Just tried with Firefox and experiencing the same issue, so it's not a problem exclusive to Chrome.

edit on 10/8/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I thought it was just me, I do weird stuff at the router level though and figured it was just my settings. Like DNS resolving, chrony ntp server, blocking about 1,000,000 domains on a block list and 100,000/10,000 IP addresses/ranges at the firewall level in addition to the AI protection it does.

The website almost lags when loading forums and posts. Then other times it’s snappy and fine, usually involves me clicking the link over and over to get it to load quickly. Safari, firefox, edge, chrome all do it.

Almost like throttling, but it does it through a VPN too.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Site is often unusable on mobile.

A while ago it was only unusable at a certain time every hour, could have been 5 to or quarter to each hour or something but now it's much more frequent.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Site is often unusable on mobile.

A while ago it was only unusable at a certain time every hour, could have been 5 to or quarter to each hour or something but now it's much more frequent.

Ok, thank you for the info.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

It’s been running really slow on safari.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Happens to me on certain pages/threads only lately.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Site has been "broken" for the last few years and according to staff (before the site changed owners) the problems will not be fixed in the foreseeable future. After the site changed hands there were less connection drops but it's still "broken". I fear that ATS's days are numbered.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The ATS website appears to be either running on a massively overloaded (by either an unexpected level of activity or underpowered hardware), or under a dos attack.
The previous owners did mention they were spending significant money on services for ATS to mitigate the effects of DOS attacks in the past, so it has been a problem before; I can't say what the status is now.

Actually the site is running reasonably well now lately on a computer, I can't say on mobile. There are slow page loads once in a while but it's less of a problem than it was.

What happened with ownership? I've seen a few references to this lately.
The previous owners sold the site and said we would hear more from the new owners in some days, but that was months ago and we never heard anything about the new owner.

We have seen the site being worked on by the new owners or associates, like being converted to https which the previous owners never did.

top topics

join