It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blind Runner Soon Stumbles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'd like to suggest that life, as we know it, is a compulsory journey and that the ultimate destination will always be unknown to us because we can't see it.

Pretty basic stuff and to prove it, here we are; on a website with a goal of finding the truth in things. As humans, we seem to be constantly searching for the destination, the purpose, or the general "why" of things... if we have time for such pursuits. We really are lucky to have the leisure time for the types of pursuits this site supports.

Allow me to offer a small glimpse of what my search has yielded me, and one way I currently view the world. I am not trying to say it is the only way to view the world, but I do offer a unique perspective on things and I will present the ideas as truth. This puts them under the greatest scrutiny, because if I can light a spark that leads to more and greater truths, then we are all better off for it. With that said:

Our world is stuck in the race of the sperm. Literally.

We all follow two Prime Rules at our core:
1. Swim.
2. Get there first.

For a sperm, this is all that is needed. If it does not follow these rules, it's journey is over. If a sperm completes both tasks, then it will be rewarded with... continued life? (I suppose one could argue, that the command "swim" would be sufficient, but action generally requires purpose.)

At this time, I would like to congratulate all of you who are reading this. You are here, which means that you won the initial race! Against hundreds of millions. Congratulations! You have already proven to be amazing.

I would also like to suggest that although we are now adults, business owners, parents, employees, politicians, astronauts, or children, we are still driven by those two "prime rules." These instinctual drives are part of the basic building blocks of our mammalian lives, all animals have it.

Hey, your best friend just got a new (insert something you've always wanted here)!! You are happy for them, sure, but you feel it; that gnawing, that knowing: They got there first. You better keep swimming, maybe there's something even greater further upstream. Stupid Joneses, they're gonna get there first and ruin it for us all, we gotta keep up!

This overriding instinct obviously has emotional and spiritual triggers as well.

Like the sperm, we are blind to what our final destination might be. To find it, however, we must "swim." So, we spend our lives looking for the next "egg" to "fertilize" hoping that it will bring us into a greater existence. Some people put their eggs in the basket of material wealth, some in the basket of religious zeal, and some in the basket of physical power, all searching for the one egg that will bring them... continued life?

I look at this like Asimov's three rules for robots. These are the first command programs; all others are built upon them. By way of example, the swim instinct would be impossible to eliminate or completely control because it is necessary for survival. Recognizing it, however, a person could then stop swimming just to swim. They could begin to add in more purpose and direction. No one can completely resist the program to "swim" and still live, unless they move to San Francisco.

The second one, "get there first," is a little trickier because I don't believe people see it for the core program it is, or the simple urge it consistently creates in us. We do have a sense of it, though, and people flavor it with names like, "deadly sins." Look deep inside. We really can't help it. It bothers us to see someone pass us on the paths we've chosen. Thank God sperm don't have arms and teeth, it would be a blood bath.

Adults do have teeth however, and when I look at the world through this particular lens it appears that we have people of unprecedented wealth and power who are trapped in the basic urges these programs create. Perhaps this is why some wish to have it all for themselves and none for others. Blindly following these urges because they have never truly faced what drives them. They believe the exclusionary lives they build ensures they, or their kind, will get there first.

Perhaps this is the core reason for the worlds problems, because we, in general, have not evolved past the rules of the sperm.

Now imagine that in each of us is an overriding core program we are only slightly aware of. This program is even more basic than fight or flight, swim and get there first; they compel us all. Now imagine one of those human sperm with enormous power and influence, with advertising and propaganda at their disposal realizes the true power these programs have over us. Using those triggers and the right delivery, it stands to reason that they could get the sheople to follow anywhere and do anything... particularly in regards to behavior towards others.

So, what does this mean and how does talking about this perspective improve the world? I really don't know, but I am somewhat compelled to share it, because at least it is a start. There is an urgency to the world right now, I'm sure you feel it. Strange times are ahead, and maybe this can help lift some of the darkness that blinds us "sperm" to our own motivations and the motivations of others. To also bring awareness of another way someone might try to manipulate us against each other. Besides, it never hurts to get another perspective.

For me, it is all about growth.

I invite you to look at the world through this lens. Perhaps you will reach the same conclusions I have:

1. These are the basic drives that move us all.
2. Almost all negative human behavior can be attributed to the selfish approach to the second rule.
3. We are all searching.
4. Although we can't know exactly what it is we hope to find, the basic goal of our search is a continued life.
4. There is no ending this particular phase of your life's journey except through physical death or finding the "egg" and getting a continued life.
5. If there is an egg or evolutionary trigger of some kind that leads to a continued existence... I am not aware of anyone finding it in my lifetime. (Except, maybe in the eyes of a baby.)
6. Ultimately, someone may find the egg that brings continued life. It is, after all, the search that drives everyone of us. Until that time, if we don't open our eyes, we will keep swimming, blindly, into the same walls, again and again.
7. Lastly, I believe it can be argued that the most selfless act a person can do is to help someone else get there first.

Aaaaannnd.. what this really means is that you can still be first! Don't delay! Act now! Be the first one on your block! Supplies are running out! Today! And if you're one of the lucky few, you get... continued life! Until then, and even after, keep swimming, but slow down and enjoy the journey. (this way, I can get ahead.. that egg has gotta be here somewhere!)

Let the sperm who has eyes, see... and maybe stop running into the same dead ends.

And, Peter Rabbit, if you do find the hidden Easter Egg that brings continued life... please teach the rest of us how to find one for ourselves. I promise to do the same.

edit on 9-8-2021 by Dapaga because: I didn't like the title

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Beautiful perspective.

Keep moving forward baybeeeee

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

I like the bee and flower analogy more, life effs me till I bloom.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I haven't heard that. I will remember that, thanks.

I would like to say, though, that I don't really consider this an analogy. The words are mine, but the core programs are there and our lives are built upon them.
edit on 10-8-2021 by Dapaga because: changed the word "rules" to "core programs."

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga
5. If there is an egg or evolutionary trigger of some kind that leads to a continued existence... I am not aware of anyone finding it in my lifetime. (Except, maybe in the eyes of a baby.)

... But the acceptance of the theory of evolution, this brutal struggle-​for-​existence mind-​set, this survival-​of-​the-​fittest idea, has not served to improve man’s lot. ...

Source: Effects of the Evolution Theory (Awake!—1995)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

The eternal female sits and waits whilst the hero overcomes all odds to find and free her. She is the princess in the tower.

S+F

edit on 11-8-2021 by midicon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join