It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPPC published new climate report and not looking good

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: face23785

I'll even take it one step further...

When you come across that part which scientifically proves that it's even possible for humans to cause this, let me know please.

I've yet to see anyone actually prove THIS even.

Only an hour ago you were blaming China, now you say humans didn't cause it?

No, what I said was; go tell China to reduce their greenhouse emissions by 25% and then come talk to me about climate change.

oh I see, it's only the money and the taxes that made you so mad earlier...

Yep, because that seems to be the only solution politicians have to this allegedly crucial 'scientific' problem!

...well, don't worry about your money because when we go over that 2 degrees celcius, your money won't be good for anything.

I'll do me, and you do you. I'll worry about my money when it gets 2 degrees C hotter. If you're not going to worry about yours from here on out, well, feel free to send it all to me.

MMGW Denial... the new pandemic

No, MMGW...the greatest HOAX ever perpetuated on human kind in recorded history (next to maybe covid, but the verdict is still out there).

I'm just waiting for Grumpy Greta, the window licker, to get on the tube and bust a blood vessel in her forehead telling us about how the unvaccinated covid zombies are major contributors to MMGW.

How ya' like me now?

edit on 8/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

When you come across that part which scientifically proves that it's even possible for humans to cause this, let me know please.

Who needs proof ?
If Al Gore said it , it must be true , right ?

The subject of MMGW is about as silly goose as it gets .

Al Gore made the list in my previous post:

This would also be a good time to bring up that in Covid discussions, anyone who disagrees with the media narrative, the Left responds with "but they're not a virologist."

Interesting that the Left listens to a lot of people who aren't climatologists when it comes to their Climate Change religion.

All of their "x% of scientists agree" trivia are full of people who have no expertise in this field of study.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

who cares which one it is,
like I said before, whatever the cause, I don't believe for a second that anything can be changed. I never said that, I also never blamed anyone for anything!
Jeez, ppl are jumping at me as if I said they personally are responsible

All I care for at this point are the changes we can expect, natural or not, and how to live with them.
And yes, I do believe it is coming. That's the only reason of my OP

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Let's talk about the media,
because right now every source is saying things like 'it's not to late, we can change things bla bla bla'

and if the media is always lying then the opposite must be true..

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
We the people however are screwed, again not saying we should try and do better, but we will likely eradicate ourselves through war pestilence or disease long before climate change or global warming become immediate threats to our existence.

Not one of those things has the capacity to completely wipe out the human race.

Also, fyi, pestilence IS disease. You might want to update your apocalypse vocabulary.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

because right now every source is saying things like 'it's not to late, we can change things bla bla bla'

This entire report, which was released today, is 4,000 pages.

Do you honestly believe even one journalist has read the report?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
With all the lockdowns and shutdowns around the globe from covid, there should be Wooly Mammoths roaming the streets now days!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I'm planning on living in a self sustaining house by the time tshtf so I'm kinda gonna need all my money for that. Good luck with your plans, whatever they are

I'm just waiting for Grumpy Greta, the window licker, to get on the tube and bust a blood vessel in her forehead telling us about how the unvaccinated covid zombies are major contributors to MMGW.

How ya' like me now?

You spawn of Satan!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

yeah, that's my point

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Question for you:

Do you honestly believe the media will EVER say it's too late??? They'd be out of business by morning if they did. C'mon, man! If there's nothing to worry, gnash your teeth and wring your hands over then what's on CNN? Stories about unicorns and rainbows?

The minute the news media trots out the 'There's no hope' flag is the same minute that people are gonna' stop watchin' the news and say..."Fukitol, I'm gonna' go out and start breakin' some sh##! And, I'm gonna' start with the local TV station...right after I get done bustin' up Target!"
edit on 8/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I'm telling YOU what is coming as a result so that YOU and your familly can be prepared when the world in 15-20 years looks completely different to what it is now.

So I'll just move out to my 200 acre ranch and fill my 1 million gallon cistern with water and make sure that all my solar and wind powered water filtration is top notch and ...
Oh, wait! I don't have any of that: I'm not even a home owner.

Back after the Cuban missile crisis, many of our neighbors had bomb/fallout shelters constructed under their driveways. We didn't. We lived about 7 miles from a U.S. Nuclear weapons storage area. Prime target. And considering the likely chain reaction of nukes hit by nukes, chances of survival nil.

So my older brother asked my dad "So what will we do when the missiles launch?"

My dad said "We'll die."

All us children then said "Oh. Okay" and went about our usual routines.
==========
The problem with the U.S. is that we vote based on knee jerk reactions to the divisive culture wars issues. That isn't likely to change until it really is too late.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That was demonstrated by the Swedish scientist and Nobel Prize winner Svante Arrhenius, in 1896. Maybe your scientific knowledge is a little out of date?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

who cares which one it is,
like I said before, whatever the cause, I don't believe for a second that anything can be changed. I never said that, I also never blamed anyone for anything!
Jeez, ppl are jumping at me as if I said they personally are responsible

All I care for at this point are the changes we can expect, natural or not, and how to live with them.
And yes, I do believe it is coming. That's the only reason of my OP

I think you will find that everyone, meaning All members here, agree that climate change is real. We have a climate, it changes, if it didn't, that would be cause for alarm. The horrifying factors of the gloom and doom AGW type hype are what you will find opposition with. As with most things, grandiose predictions were made, they failed to come to fruition, and those of us who question the narrative, remain unconvinced.

It may well be that in the future, the temperatures rise and cause the horrific events championed by the AGW crowd. At that point, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you had it pegged way back then. But if this turns out like most if not all the gloom and doom predictions of the past, you will just know that some had it right, and some didn't.

I suppose the main point is, believe whatever you wish, but don't be angry if somebody is wrong. We can't stop driving cars, stop flying on planes, and stop farting. I mean we could, but we won't today. If we see a new fuel technology emerge, I'd say that's a great thing, regardless of what you believe. If we all worked to clean up the trash we have made, that's a good thing. If we tried to limit our pollution, that's a good thing. None of those things require a belief in anything other than a love of the Earth. Maybe the message is right, but the delivery is what's #ed up?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

So my older brother asked my dad "So what will we do when the missiles launch?"

My dad said "We'll die."

All us children then said "Oh. Okay" and went about our usual routines.

your dad was a wise man.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
Don't worry, a good old fashioned storm will bring those pebbles right back in!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: putnam6
We the people however are screwed, again not saying we should try and do better, but we will likely eradicate ourselves through war pestilence or disease long before climate change or global warming become immediate threats to our existence.

Not one of those things has the capacity to completely wipe out the human race.

Also, fyi, pestilence IS disease. You might want to update your apocalypse vocabulary.

Pestilence is being overwhelmed by one disease, I would theorize our actual demise won't be from one disease but from many like heart disease, liver, and kidney disease or our medical sciences will develop "cures" for diseases where the cures have their own negative side effects.

ergo having pestilence listed though much less likely in my estimation than just diseases in general and our quest to eliminate them. Of course instead of eliminating it Big Pharma actually cashes out on "treatments" and never-ending boosters

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
a reply to: musicismagic

interesting observations. here is the thing, i am also in Asia, and this summer was COOLER than last summer. in fact the last really hot summer was a few years back. a summer so hot and dry that large cracks formed in the ground as the soil dried out so much. it was also over a year and a half (ending pretty much with the start of the pandemic ironically), since we had a water shortage. these things just seem to happen in cycles. some years are hotter, some years are cooler. some years are drier, some years have much more rain. and there are smaller cycles, within bigger cycles of weather. and likely still even bigger weather cycles lasting hundreds of years or longer. such as with all the complaining about a "drought" in places like California, where the reality is that they have actually had a few decades of more than "normal" rainfall, and they now appear to be back to the "old normal" rainfall.

Which is precisely why they rebranded it. First it was global cooling, they were wrong. Then it was global warming, they were wrong. Now it's "climate change." So now, unless the climate stays precisely the same, they can claim they were right. 3rd time is the charm for scammers.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
My dad was a bit blunter than that..."just bend over and kiss your a*** goodbye!"

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Only another ice age can help earth and we still will die.

The Earth is just now ending the last ice age it went through. Why wold you want another one so soon?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
simply cure for climate problems..

exterminate the couse! in this case the humans

moore growing means that for every earned dollar you need to pay 10 dollar for compensate the negative climate effect
so its an ratrace
just plaine stupid that no-one dares to speak about reducing the population witch has exploded since 1850 !
and is the main course of all climate problems
also for humans are the same nature laws as for the lemmings and rabbits aswell
see wat we did to the oceans ect..ect
as pigs we are soon rolling in oure own dirt and poluttion that we made oureself

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join