It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More google crap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I keep getting messages (notifications on my phone) that say I need to give Google my birth date to comply with the law. I always refuse. I see nowhere in my state or national law where this is required. As a matter of fact, I'm protected against such requests. Anyone else get these messages? Or am I the only bastard that never agreed to a birth date?

Jesus, am I really old enough to have registered my email before birthdates were required? I'm sure I typed in something. WHAT IS THIS!?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The message I get is to 'complete my profile', not about complying with the law.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The law?

The internet is a lawless place.
My phone isn't linked to a Google account that knows anything about me... And any time a web site wants my birthday I give it 12/22/1913, or something similar.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Eh, shoulda done a screenshot, but yeah, it says to comply with the law. Any birthday I give is always April's Fools day anyway. What the hell right do they have to my info? Like they don't have it anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I keep getting messages (notifications on my phone) that say I need to give Google my birth date to comply with the law. I always refuse. I see nowhere in my state or national law where this is required. As a matter of fact, I'm protected against such requests. Anyone else get these messages? Or am I the only bastard that never agreed to a birth date?

Jesus, am I really old enough to have registered my email before birthdates were required? I'm sure I typed in something. WHAT IS THIS!?

Its called spam.
Seriously, it is not even from Google. It is no different than the warranty spam or the weight loss spam. Block it and forget about it.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Probably a scammer, even someone as knowledgable of all scams as Jim Browning was recently scammed by a google scam

I live in the UK and have recently been phoned by a scam concerning NI numbers, luckily for me I have seen these scams before on Jim Browning and Kitboga

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Im sorry , that isnt a thing where it says to comply with the LAW. Saying to complete your profile sure but not the law.

It is much more likely your perception of what you read makes you think Google said that or that it is spam or some other app that has been hit.

IT's really simple to take a screenshot on a phone , typically a 1 or 2 button process so without actual proof of this perception doesn't really hold up.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah, I know its not the law. The concerning thing is that I'm getting said spam through my Google account on an android phone, which has been hacked multiple times. I get the google/android notifications for it. I was just curious if anyone else has seen this.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah, ive had the same message a few times now, but the last time it had changed. It now says 'to help google comply with the law'
Just ignore it, you'll feel better.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

As I said, It's now worded differently, but these are still asking for your dob ' to comply with the law'

top topics

join