It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new milage tax and your non GPS automobile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We have heard rumors about this tax for ages but it looks like it is finally here. If you think your non electronic pride and joy will save you from this tax think again as I am afraid they have covered all the bases when it comes to your 1957 Chevy Bel Air or whatever !

Joe Biden and the Republicans – without whom Joe Biden could not have done it – may have just outlawed cars that can’t be tracked without actually outlawing them, per se. Instead, they will be regulated away – the new trick in government’s dirty bag thereof.

It might have caused a ruckus to propose a law outlawing older vehicle without Onboard Diagnostic (OBD II) electronic data collection ports, GPS transponders or some other, similar means by which a vehicle can be externally tracked – using the pretext of keeping track of its mileage that way, so as to tax its owner that way. This being bad enough all by itself, being invasive enough all by itself. Instead of paying gas taxes anonymously at the pump whenever you fill up – possibly with cash – the federal government will tax automatically and electronically you by the mile, wherever you drive.

Of course this will automatically insure whoever is interested (try insurance companies or employers ) where you are and how fast you are driving.

I actually saw this in action with a sales friend of mine in Texas. He never drove up to the speed limit and by the way his mobile phone was tied into the system he had to pull over and stop before he would talk on his phone as talking and driving could get you fired..
www.ericpetersautos.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thats why bicycles are all going electric in the future also. Slowly but its in the making. Complete control on transportation.
Next is a people watch one must wear to keep in control of your movements. We already have that for criminals.

The future is for those that are not blinded by the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Thats why bicycles are all going electric in the future also. Slowly but its in the making. Complete control on transportation.
Next is a people watch one must wear to keep in control of your movements. We already have that for criminals.

a bicycle for a family of five buying groceries... Yep when they get everyone moved into rat holes like agenda 21/30 wants it just might work !

We lived in the best of times my friend and what is neat is we get to watch the dismantlement of a civilization before our very eyes.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You mean a fitbit? Yeah, they got people to willingly be monitored from every angle.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You can track a car by the owners phone. It's being done now with the consent of millions of Americans when they select "accept" on most apps.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well I’m not going to stop driving my classic car, doesn’t matter what laws they pass. I’m a ride or die 100%. I’m also pretty sure that the police in my area that I grew up with will help me out.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They can't regulate away older cars while also making sure nobody can afford a newer car.
Five people on minimum wage sharing a two bedroom rental can live well enough, but they can't buy a modern car between them.

Is this a let them eat cake moment?
You can't just keep raising taxes on the poor forever...

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

a bicycle for a family of five buying groceries... Yep when they get everyone moved into rat holes like agenda 21/30 wants it just might work !

We lived in the best of times my friend and what is neat is we get to watch the dismantlement of a civilization before our very eyes.

You know sky, we are lucky that we live outside the States. But maybe one day I'll have to return, but to be honest with myself I feel I'll be an illegal alien if I return. From all the info here on ATS I just might be right.

People that are in Congress have lost their marbles, but it doesn't matter. If ( not if, it actually happened ) the idiots in Congress can steal a Presidential election, anyone not thinking by now they can't steal a Congress seat or any elections now has got their head up their ass. The very sad part of it is, now it is not who counts the votes, but how the votes are counted. You know by machine.
We all around the world have been suckered into a life time power play by those in office. I bet ,they all were invited to China over the last 10 years, also all these American business people that were conned into thinking the way China controls its people , now it is best for all nations to do the same.

Sadly, this has now taken place. Hope all is well for you and your golfing is going great. We got about 7 more days of rain here and then I'm going again to cycle around Japan.
edit on 0800000043312021-08-09T06:31:43-05:00314308am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0800000030322021-08-09T06:32:30-05:00323008am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0800000039332021-08-09T06:33:39-05:00333908am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
You can track a car by the owners phone. It's being done now with the consent of millions of Americans when they select "accept" on most apps.

In that case, the person chooses to do so by accepting the app.
The government will do it through laws and regulations... something you can't opt out of.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
they will continue to tax gas

and will defiantly add taxes to electricity
edit on 9-8-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
and will defiantly add taxes to electricity

Utilities are already taxed.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That entire article did not give one specific about older vehicles. Just a bunch of gobbly-gook. Can you point out the mandatory refit for OBD2 cuz I didnt see it.

Thing is that eventually most all those cars will go away through attrition anyway.

BTW, they have been tracking this for decades now.

"Fact: Most rental cars are equipped with navigation and GPS systems. Are they used against drivers? Well, yes and no. The yes part is that, starting around a dozen years ago, newspapers were filled with sad stories of rental car customers "fined" hundreds -- sometimes thousands -- of dollars for violating the terms of their contracts. How? In one celebrated case, Acme Rent-a-Car of New Haven fined a particular customer $450 ($150 per incident) for exceeding posted speed limits. The customer had not received traffic citations. And the customer sued. The judge ruled against Acme. He did not dispute the right to track. But he said there was insufficient "notification" to make the fines justified.

In another famous case a Payless customer expected a bill for $259.51. He was instead slapped with a bill for $3,405.05, which was reached by adding a $1 per mile to each of the 2,874 miles he had driven, because he had crossed the California state line into Nevada and, later, he drove into Arizona. That triggered the fines, because the contract prohibited leaving the state.

Some Florida car rental companies are notorious for literally shutting off engines of cars that cross state lines. The cars may be restarted upon agreement to pay new fees."

www.cbsnews.com...

Oh, and that On-Star or Sirius, or whatever they have now? Been spying on you for decades as well.

www.forbes.com... f8

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

NUFF SAID

Well, maybe. Let's hear what Bonamassa has to say about it.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 09 Aug 2021 10:23:46 -0500Mon, 09 Aug 2021 10:23:46 -050021082021-08-09T10:23:46-05:001000000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is where they will implement all their control.
And this is Agenda 21.

Klauss said it best. "You will own nothing and you'll be happy."

What he meant was, "We will tax everything you want."

They already started the slippery slope, and half of the population os already entrenched into the mindset that its "Democrat" or "Republican".

In reality, it's neither. They already won.
Prepare for more.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I live in a small town.
I drive about 2 1/2 miles to the store about 3 times a week. Mostly for cigarettes.
Annually, I rack up about one thousand five hundred miles.

If they start taxing miles, I'll just quick smoking.
It will cut my miles in half and save me $3500/year.

hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I changed my mind.
edit on 9-8-2021 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This has been a plan all along. The climat lie was used to get old vehicles off the road with formaer presidents and look at how the people complied.

They will want a breath analyzer and other equipment installed and you will pay for it. Just like when mandatory insurance started the people who could not afford it no longer had a vehicle.
Still no one cared as they believe it is for the common good!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sounds like Red Barchetta by Rush.

The Motor Laws are on their way

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
I live in a small town.
I drive about 2 1/2 miles to the store about 3 times a week. Mostly for cigarettes.
Annually, I rack up about one thousand five hundred miles.

If they start taxing miles, I'll just quick smoking.
It will cut my miles in half and save me $3500/year.

hahahahaha

Wow!
I just realized.
I have an '08 Coupe with 150K miles. Should be able to get 200K out of it.
If I only drive 1500 miles a year, I can drive it for 30 more years.
Last car I'll ever own.
And no GPS.
Woo! Hoo!

top topics

join