It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey folks, time to speak up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So about 5 years ago, I saw a lot of posts on social media that got harrumphed into oblivion. In these posts folks suggested in Private not to engage. I was on the receiving end and the giving end as I saw folk who would not accept a rational discussion at the time.

Our ability to speak is being taken from us. If we can come together as humans and reject this it can do a lot.
Will you all continue to speak your mind outside of this platform? I think it is much needed so we can have proper debates.
What say you ATS?
edit on 8-8-2021 by randomtangentsrme because: typo

(post by dug88 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Í feel like we've passed the juncture where by and large anybody willing to hear truth and fact will, and those who won't have already chosen not to. I really think that most people have crossed their Rubicon. I have been told by people whom I formerly respected that I am an "esoteric conspiracy theorist." I have given up on them and they have lost all my respect. They have a right to their opinion and I can respect a perspective different from mine, even though I think it is wrong. I never attacked this individual, but he saw fit to attack me for not supporting the narrative he's chosen to embrace.

I'm done. I speak my mind with people who are like minded. I'm honest with (the few) people who are willing to dialog honestly. I am patient and kind to the poor saps who have taken the injection in true ignorance.

Anyone else, I avoid serious discussion with. My life motto has become, "Si mundus vult decipi, decipiatur"
:
edit on 2021 8 08 by incoserv because: typos, typos, types.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I've been speaking my mind to my peers for as long as I can remember. Sadly, most people don't like a good clash of ideas and would rather resort to useless talk. People don't want the truth from my experience. So, talking real stuff is tricky since the defensive mechanisms of most will put a stop to it from the start.

Since this Covid hysteria, I've been openly speaking up my mind and about the worries I have about what's going. Most of the time I felt like I wasted my time but then, some interactions were worth it in the end even though I mostly felt like sh-t for speaking about this kind of stuff afterwards.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I will continue to speak up at the store, in Church, at ballgames and anywhere people will talk to me. I am so tired of liars ruining our world and I am taking "heat checks" and seeing if I can plant some desire to learn more about the truth on their own.

In fact it makes my wife upset a tiny bit that I am doing this, but she isn't disagreeing. She is worried what people think about "Conspiracy theories" and I tell her I don't care I am sticking to conspiracy facts. "The truth is racist, bigoted or sexist" isn't going to work on me. The truth shall set us free.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

All we can do is speak the truth as we know it. And hope our friends recognize what is truth and what is propaganda.
I understand what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

I've been speaking my mind to my peers for as long as I can remember. Sadly, most people don't like a good clash of ideas and would rather resort to useless talk. People don't want the truth from my experience. So, talking real stuff is tricky since the defensive mechanisms of most will put a stop to it from the start.

Since this Covid hysteria, I've been openly speaking up my mind and about the worries I have about what's going. Most of the time I felt like I wasted my time but then, some interactions were worth it in the end even though I mostly felt like sh-t for speaking about this kind of stuff afterwards.

I appreciate your perspective. There is a lot right now. Keep knowing your truth, and spread the message.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Indeed.

Some people around me eventually came around and acknowledged the actual mascarade that is going on, so that's a start.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I suspect we are in a similar situation. But I find it disappointing you choose to not challenge the ignorant masses.
Said with all respect.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

Indeed.

Some people around me eventually came around and acknowledged the actual mascarade that is going on, so that's a start.

It's always a labor, but is it not our duty to help others recognize the BS being pulled on them?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

It's all good, I know why my posts get taken down, there's always a reason, not usually my swearing or tone, mostly it's things I say that break the rules. I don't babble anything on facebook. I don't post on most popular social media, i just meant other forums and such. I also don't swear to prove a point. I swear because I like to swear. I enjoy the way those words emphasize things in ways no other words can. I enjoy the way they sound when interspersed between other words and the rhythm it can lend to sentences.
edit on 9/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I agree. In a lot of ways, I feel like it was civility and politeness that got us here.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

The time for that has passed. Through our own hubris we now live in a communist country. It's not a good idea to have a loose pie hole under communism.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The only person who holds your tongue, is you. Speak your mind and speak it often, and that's where you drop it. You can't make someone put in any more effort into listening than they can make you do the same.

To be honest, you have two choices. Ignore the petty # if the people aren't making life miserable, or "Come around again when your head disconnects from your anus." No one is obligated to be miserable just because of the status of the other person. It doesn't matter if it's family, or your oldest friend, once you start letting others continue to make you miserable over your choices/opinions despite your efforts, then you've just nuked the point of speaking up at all.
edit on 8/9/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2021 by Nyiah because: Think I got all the typos, R key not liking me this morning.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'd rather be shunned for speaking my truth than accepted for embracing lies.
I'm at a point where I truly do not care anymore. My beliefs were called extremist yesterday and I liken that to terrorism. That's truly sad when people cannot see where the real threat lies.
I speak up for those who are like minded, so they know they aren't alone. Those who oppose...well that is your choice but you won't sway me with your regurgitated propaganda.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I'd rather be shunned for speaking my truth than accepted for embracing lies.
I'm at a point where I truly do not care anymore. My beliefs were called extremist yesterday and I liken that to terrorism. That's truly sad when people cannot see where the real threat lies.
I speak up for those who are like minded, so they know they aren't alone. Those who oppose...well that is your choice but you won't sway me with your regurgitated propaganda.

What an uplifting post. We do need to speak up for the innocent being trampled right now. Cancel culture has had it's 15 minutes of fame in my eyes.

Blessings

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I think it's absolutely crucial that we exercise our free speech, and our freedom to exchange information. Absolutely crucial. Use it or lose it, right?

But I also have no doubt that just talking doesn't help in and of itself if what one is saying isn't worth listening to, whether because of content or tone or any number of things. Too much opinion and not enough fact will not -- and should not -- convince of anyone of anything. Too much "talk" today is talking at people, talking down to people, talking over people, or just talking about people. Of course, calling people names isn't very helpful either.

Respect and deference for other people is equally crucial... well, if anything positive or practical is to come from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

MOD NOTE

You do know that posting PMs on ATS can getting your posting privileges suspended, and has gotten members banned?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I tried hardcore with 9.11 and also with things like Obama and Hilary corruption.
People are willfully ignorant.
They actively turn off their ears and brain and if they don't call you names they just ignore you.
Strangers, friends and family, doesn't matter.

I have sent some things to my family about the covid scam being about control and no one responded. If they did they said thanks for sharing and sent me an article on 'who is the biggest source of covid misinformation?; lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join