It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do you live and what is your Covid situation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hamburgler
I live above the 45tb parallel and it’s summer.

Delta is blazing through my office and community far more than CV19 ever did.

I’m experiencing it as I’m vaxed and have 100% positive been exposed to a person positive with Delta. In close quarters.

Due to the Vax, me and others exposed are symptom free and one person with confirmed exposure tested negative.

I haven’t gotten a test but am vaxed and previously was exposed to the OG Covid without incident.

So while I’m fine… I get to drag this virus most of you laugh at home to my infant child with a similar viral load as though I am “sick” with Covid.

And my wife and I were in the ER with the baby for breathing issues AFTER my 100% certain exposure.

Get the vax and wear a mask. Seriously.

My infant child’s future > your sense of self-righteousness. Never mind my friend - a trauma surgeon who saves lives daily - wears a mask in public after getting the vax - why?

Because of the kids who can’t be vaccinated (or others who legitimately can’t/shouldn’t).

And that isn’t a political ploy to say that - in my case, at least.

It’s very real life.

The 1976 pandemic swine flu mass vaccination campaign was canceled after 53 people died. Authorities decided the vaccine was too risky to continue the campaign. Now, health authorities are shrugging off more than 3,500 deaths following COVID-19 vaccination as either coincidental or inconsequential. Source

Your self-righteousness is going to get you and yours killed.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Right between Atlanta and Montgomery, on the GA AL line. COVID is running pretty wild here local hospital is full and diverting patients elsewhere. Dad is vaccinated and in hospital with it, brother isn’t vaccinated, has asthma and is recovering at home. The local medical system is saying publicly that it’s 90% unvaccinated while nurses I know that work in the system are saying that is complete BS, it might be 60% to 40% unvacced but feels more like 50/50 to them. They are really concerned about their numbers of older vaccinated patients showing up.

Local schools are back in session, the county did decide to do a mask mandate for right now. Most of the kids I see are wearing it below their nose like most of last year. About a third of folks are wearing masks everywhere mostly only wear them where they have to. Local hospital system has Jan mandate for employees by Oct 1st. I expect them to lose a noticeable percentage of their more competent employees by then, and be in worse shape going into fall winter cold season. Looking at last year’s data we had a spike at this time last year too, cases areup but deaths are down . Think the reason for that is a mix of vaccinations, natural immunity, better treatment protocols, and a less deadly strain circulating. Older folks and healthcare workers largely got the vaccine in Jan-March and the protection seems to be fading rapidly in the Older folks. Gina be interesting to see what case rates look like in the under 60s that largely got their vaccines between April and mid June come December.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ground zero for a massive delta variant outbreak. Whole bunch of unvaxxed people repeatedly broke social distancing by holding parties in a private club, plus parents sending their kids to school even through they had covid.

We got hit hard, I'm not sure how many dead, but too many.

Things are calming down now that vax rates are up but we're still seeing a higher infection rate that most metropolitan areas despite being a small town.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I live in eastern PA, the far FAR western Philly suburbs. Our county has about a 50% vaccination rate which they complain about. I red we have about 15 people in the hospital with Covid, one in the ICU. Which is about average the last 2 weeks. One new death the past 3 weeks. The county just to the west was on the Governor's # list for not wanting to comply with any shutdowns or mask mandates and has a better Covid case count than most. The more the counties masked and vaxxed, now the higher the new cases. But those are counties right next to NJ which also masked and vaxxed. Sweden hasn't and is handling Covid better than most.
Delta may be real, it may be triggered by the vaxxed, it may be just the vaxxed getting Covid again or its probably just exaggerated again to scre people into getitng the vaxx. But its not the killer it was last year.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Ground zero for a massive delta variant outbreak. Whole bunch of unvaxxed people repeatedly broke social distancing by holding parties in a private club, plus parents sending their kids to school even through they had covid.

We got hit hard, I'm not sure how many dead, but too many.

Things are calming down now that vax rates are up but we're still seeing a higher infection rate that most metropolitan areas despite being a small town.

Where are you (general area)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Florida, the state the doesn't follow the norm...

Everything is open, masks are not mandatory not even in schools where I live. Monday school starts and only teachers and adults have to wear a mask for 30 days.

I just love the people who complain about covid yet come here on vacation.

Our Governor isn't playing around and I love it.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Netherlands calling... The only place we have to wear face masks now is public transportation. I'm not sure of exact figures but at least half the population (probably more) have been vaccinated now. VaxxPort is here and active for pretty much all EU eventually, but starting now. Negative test results work too for up to 72 hours in advance. Some countries require proof upon entry, spot checks and all that. I don't go to places that require that because I can't afford to go out but the vaxx isn't mandatory. I think there would be a large groups of various denominations resisting. Despite the "sex and drugs" image, it's a pretty Christian conservative place.

I am finally visiting The Netherlands after not being able to last year. I have my ticket for November and I will get my test and put myself in quarantine for a month before. I will NOT miss that flight! My sweetie got vaccinated but he wanted to be able to travel the way he does without having to take tests and everything. We are only staying in The Netherlands this visit. I will be there for 2 weeks and we will see Nothing But Thieves in Amsterdam on the 12th of November for my bday. I can't wait to be back over there. It has been far too long! I just love your country.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join