It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Zomboid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've been looking to dive into a bit of retro feel gaming lately... just to change it up a bit

VR has overtaken any need to play regular flat screen games...

I bought this game because i've heard a lot of good things... played for a bit.... pretty damn hard to survive which is awesome... who doesn't like a challenge...

but the amount of detail the creators have put into this game is astonishing!

You can literally do just about anything! No detail has been over looked... everything in the world is not just decoration but functional

After watching several videos on starting out... i think im actually going to enjoy playing this... which is rare for a flat screen game these days... let alone something that reminds me of the original Fall Out...

Its a 3rd person zombie sim... actually it looks like "the sims".. lol

Take a look... Thus far i am impressed for a game thats close to ten years old... apparently it just went through an update and has had a huge jolt of new players

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It looks pretty cool. Kind of like a real time Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead with less things. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit biased, I've contributed code to CDDA, it's pretty tough to beat in my eyes as the best zombie survival simulator ever made. It's kind of like the Dwarf Fortress of zombie survival simulators, while Project Zomboid looks like the Rimworld version of zombie simulators. It does look fun though.
edit on 7/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I went and gave this one a S&F .
And I usually would not for this type of game.
However , check out "Delivery From the Pain" .

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Generally this isn't my kind of game anymore either... this was more like 15-20 years ago i'd grab a game like this...

But admittedly i have a weakness for Deathban games... Just love the idea of having one life and dealing with every action as it might be your last... i played a few minecraft Deathban servers... love every minute of it

Delivery from pain looks too story based for me... graphically it looks pretty good but im thinking its just another shooter...

Zomboid has guns... but they will lead to your death because they're loud

the basic story line is... You're going to die...

even the intro to the game is a black screen with the words.... "this is how you died"

SO its just a matter of surviving... eventually the power goes out... the water stops working... and it all goes bad

You gotta learn to scrounge, farm, fight, hide and flee...

Gonna have a few pops tonight and dig right in...

And apparently Multiplayer is coming with the new build

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Gothmog

Generally this isn't my kind of game anymore either... this was more like 15-20 years ago i'd grab a game like this...

But admittedly i have a weakness for Deathban games... Just love the idea of having one life and dealing with every action as it might be your last... i played a few minecraft Deathban servers... love every minute of it

Delivery from pain looks too story based for me... graphically it looks pretty good but im thinking its just another shooter...

Zomboid has guns... but they will lead to your death because they're loud

the basic story line is... You're going to die...

even the intro to the game is a black screen with the words.... "this is how you died"

SO its just a matter of surviving... eventually the power goes out... the water stops working... and it all goes bad

You gotta learn to scrounge, farm, fight, hide and flee...

Gonna have a few pops tonight and dig right in...

And apparently Multiplayer is coming with the new build

I guarantee you it has enough building , crafting , etc. to keep one from saying "shooter"
It does have a good storyline and plot .

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I love the way how items and tools are not just spread randomly , but actually are at logic spots such as warehouses , storage boxes , hardware stores etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Its so hard... lol

3 days and 15 hours is the best i've done... til the sickness killed me...

didn't change my bandage and a scratch killed me ffs....

Lovin it!!

edit on 8-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Just have to repost on this game...

SO hard... so much detail, and sooo much fun!!

Everything from a minor invasion to 28 days later sprinters coming at you... and you can set the terms of your demise

minor groups of the walking dead... or hords which number in the thousands!!

Nothing is over looked in this game... you can tow a car or a trailer... Light the whole city on fire!

Camp out in the woods and trap/fish... diving into the city where the dead roam to grab essentials...

Build a base from the scrounged items you've collected... even Farm inside said base...

and theres Sickly Mods...

this game has it all... and once multiplayer hits.... Wow!!

Seriously... Isometric fans...

You gotta check this game out

edit on 27-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
35 days later...

thats 35 hours invested btw...

I had a plan... create distraction... loot warehouse!

I set the siren off as to lure the deaders to the noise.. and while driving back to the warehouse i notice the huge swarm
headed towards the siren! So i stop to take a picture... and i get bit on the ass for my stupidity FFS!!

That pic is zombie me headed towards said distraction after i died... so pissed!

IF you have steam... you need to try this game from 2013

And IF you're worried about specs... my calculator runs this game decently

Plus you have time to try and refund IF you don't like it...

Trust me though... Multiplayer is coming soonly...

edit on 28-9-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
got this game on sale the other day, very very cool, and fun to die. Apparently multiplayer works now?

Also it's very playable on my i7 with lowend graphics laptop, major plus.

if you like these survival style one life games you might like Dont Starve, or my new favorite, the Long Dark, where you salvage gear and clothes from a frozen landscape and craft weapons and try hard not to die

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

yep... multiplayer works

very hard to find an unruined world though

new topics

top topics

join