It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are they all coming from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Anyone else notice all the new members recently?

Don't get me wrong; I think it's great, but wow!

Either someone is doing a great job at marketing ATS, or something else is going on.

There must be a couple hundred new members in the past month and a half. Seems like about every 3rd post now is by a new member.

Welcome to all you new folks!!

Where are y'all comin' from and what's making you suddenly sign up on ATS?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Maybe it is the less political posts more old style ATS that has the new members maybe coming back

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaaaaamazing

Maybe it is the less political posts more old style ATS that has the new members maybe coming back

I quit coming here for about 4 or 5 years. Basically, most of the time while Trump was in office, but that was mere coincidence. It had nothing to do with Politics or Trump.

When I started coming back on here though, at the beginning of this year, it was very clear that the site was much less active than it had been before my hiatus. (ie far less active than it had been pre-Trump)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When I see a new account, I sometimes wonder if it actually is a new member, or if maybe its just a 2nd account (or 3rd, 4th, etc..). I know I've seen several that made it obvious. (same user names with different numbers at the end. Sometimes even the same avatar also.) I'm not saying there are many of those, but there definitely are some that are duplicate accounts.

The fact that the 1st reply in this Thread was by a new member, does a pretty good job helping to prove your point.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Perhaps those up to no good, found out how out of touch people here are. How easily they are manipulated.

How easy it is to gaslight them. So they are coming here to recruit most of you to their own personal reality.

Shouldn't be too hard. Most people here will believe almost anything.

But remember, only the weak minded can be gaslighted into believing things that are not true, are.

Like for example, tons of people are dying from the vaccine, or that the Capitol insurrection was a "tour". Or perhaps, the lie that "they" are setting up "concentration camps" for the elderly, or that Biden is going to hand off the Presidency to Harris.

Stuff like that. All nonsense. But it don't stop most here from believing it.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Perhaps those up to no good, found out how out of touch people here are. How easily they are manipulated.

How easy it is to gaslight them. So they are coming here to recruit most of you to their own personal reality.

But remember, only the weak minded can be gaslighted into believing things that are not true, are.

Like for example, tons of people are dying from the vaccine, or that the Capitol insurrection was a "tour". Or perhaps, the lie that "they" are setting up "concentration camps" for the elderly, or that Biden is going to hand off the Presidency to Harris.

Please make sure the oxygen concentration is adequate up there where you are residing.

More new people are joining because it is easier now to signup.

edit on 7-8-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Well, that Paula Faux chick is definitely new...and is quite the prolific poster.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Please make sure the oxygen concentration is adequate up there where you are residing.

More new people are joining because it is easier now to signup.

It can't get enough oxygen because it's triple masked while driving the car,with the windows rolled up.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
She's too hot to handle.

And on her 95th incarnation by my count

a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Not scientific by any means, but it does appear that about 15-20% of these new accounts are returning members who either lost their password or had their account closed, etc. The balance appear to be genuinely new. And yes, there do appear to be some dual accounts (i.e. people signing up under a new / different alias).

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I've been a lurker since 2010/2011. The threads about 2012 and nibiru (planet X) were the gold of the day. I also loved the threads about FEMA camps and i believe it was called Agends 35?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Perhaps it has something to do with current events, people looking for alternatives to the the MSM. Perhaps it has something to do with the purge from sites like Twitter, Reddit etc.. I have heard podcasts dealing with subjects similar to this site have seen a big increase in their audience too. Maybe the corporate backed talking heads are losing the grip on the narrative?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm new, I'd imagine some are forgotten passwords, some actual new comers. The other newbies, maybe gubmint types? I'm sure deleted accounts will come back too. If that's a thing here.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
maybe its because the new owners have half assedly added an SSL certificate to the site? Thus making people think it is now safer to join, because a half assed SSL cert is better than no SSL cert?

ATS's SSL is hit and miss, sometimes it does not supply ownership info, and is not verified by any reputable company and the browser says my connection to the site is unsecure. Then other times it shows all the necessary info and the browser says all is good.

But yes, as many of us have been telling the management for years, that little 'padlock' on the browser address bar can do wonders for a sites traffic. Tends to reduce firefox, chrome and others from flashing a big red page saying 'warning site unsecure! GTFO NOW!!!' which will scare away noobs no doubt.

As for any conspiracy regarding the sign ups. I'll be keeping an eye on content posted by these new folks before passing judgement.

But yeah, some are already giving of 'shill' vibes.

I'll admit I'll be suspicious of anyone who signs up and their first several posts are nothing but "HEY YOU ALL NEED TO THINK OF THE GRANDMA'S AND GET VAXXED. IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!"

Might be a coincidence, but with the increase in new sign ups I've noticed a few regulars have been absent. Maybe they're around and just posting on threads I've not been reading?

Exciting times on ATS. lol

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Inside its own garage ...

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I recommend ATS to people almost every other day. I'm sure some of them at least come to check it out, and maybe some of them create an account.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Well, that Paula Faux chick is definitely new...and is quite the prolific poster.

That's actually Bernard.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm new...

Can't remember how I got here.

I remember waking up.

There was this guy who offered me a choice between going back to sleep or remain awake to find out what is behind veil.

Psyche...truth of the matter is I was always here.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

PS, you're missing a kidney, go see a doctor.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2 >>

join