It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lonely child sat inside hotel….

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So I walk out of my room to see a child sat up against the wall, looking a bit sad…….no way I was going to talk to the child, especially in this day and age, so I report to reception, go outside to pinch a smoke of my work colleague, must’ve been outside for about 20 mins, get back to my hotel floor, and she’s still sat there, makes eye contact with me, looking really scared…….

I’ve reported it, but as a 43 year old man, what else can I do??

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
So I walk out of my room to see a child sat up against the wall, looking a bit sad…….no way I was going to talk to the child, especially in this day and age, so I report to reception, go outside to pinch a smoke of my work colleague, must’ve been outside for about 20 mins, get back to my hotel floor, and she’s still sat there, makes eye contact with me, looking really scared…….

Keeping a respectful distance, ask, "Hey, kid, how you doin'? Everything ok?" Be sensitive not only to what is said but how it's said. If you have a phone, maybe record the interaction to CYA. Sad to think that you'd need to do that, but it is what it is.

Once you've made that initial connection, you'll have to judge from the interaction what you see. Maybe it's just a bored piss-ant teenager stewing in his or her own ennui. Maybe it's a kid who's trying to escape from a human trafficking situation. If it's anything like the latter, you can call the police or some other service and express your concern.
:
edit on 2021 8 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought about putting my phone on record before I leave my hotel room, so I can prove that the interaction was nothing but concern……but what’s troubling me more, is that the hotel after 20 mins, maybe more, after being reported, still sat there……

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Gone now, so hopefully reception called social services or something

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
thanks man, but I live in the country that aided and abetted Saville, so we gotta be super cautious

originally posted by: incoserv

Keeping a respectful distance, ask, "Hey, kid, how you doin'? Everything ok?" Be sensitive not only to what is said but how it's said. If you have a phone, maybe record the interaction to CYA. Sad to think that you'd need to do that, but it is what it is.

Once you've made that initial connection, you'll have to judge from the interaction what you see. Maybe it's just a bored piss-ant teenager stewing in his or her own ennui. Maybe it's a kid who's trying to escape from a human trafficking situation. If it's anything like the latter, you can call the police or some other service and express your concern.
:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

thanks man, but I live in the country that aided and abetted Saville, so we gotta be super cautious

originally posted by: incoserv

:

Wrong, my friend. You live in a world that aided and abetted Saville. A world where the likes of Jeffery Epstein can rub elbows with the likes of Bill Clinton, where men who group little girls in the presence of their fathers and refer to toddlers as looking like 19 year-old women can be president.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

Are you ok? Do you need help? could have been asked IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Damn right my friend……..world is correct…….damn my infernal typing skills lol

to a reply to: incoserv

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You did the right thing.
You are right, in this day and age, if you had talked to the kid, you would have been reported as a creep and nobody would have believed you when you said "but Im not, I had genuine concern". And you did right by contacting management.

Hopefully the kid is OK. :/
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In a society that has deemed white man a threat…….and in which a tv broadcasting company hid the savilles indiscretions;……..

Ok……

a reply to: KTemplar

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thank you…..I did what I thought was right…….in a world of madness

a reply to: shaemac

(post by Scrutinizing removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A drive by hair sniffing…….

a reply to: Scrutinizing

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

If you are concerned, don't be afraid to be a human being.
Being 'extra cautious' in regards to creeps is not your purview. You are who you are.

Ask simply etc etc

We are all humans who want to help eachother in general.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

A drive by hair sniffing…….

Followed by a U-turn and a nipple pinch.

Seriously, as hard as that is, anymore, reporting it to the police and getting the child in safe hands, for some professionals to sort what's going on, was your best option.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

It's people like you out of concern who are making it worse.

Just be natural.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow…..just be as natural as Jimmy Saville right??

Wow…..wow and Uber wow……

?a reply to: chris_stibrany

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You are absolutely 100% in the right for not wanting to go up to the kid alone. For all you know it could be a trap.
Human trafficking is really bad and God only knows what people are doing these days, especially in hotels.
I read about a hotel in my area that has a lot of weird stuff going on and the hotel knows full well but does nothing, so going to reception was probably not going to help.

Here’s my advice, find the most mom looking woman or grandma (sorry that sounds so sexist, and it is) and tell her hey this kid has been here a long time, what do you think we should do? Tell her you don’t feel right as a strange man to go up to a child like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks Jag, I left it 20 mins and then opened my door to ask if she was ok……she wasn’t there so hopefully reception dealt with it……

The person that was on reception wasn’t there this morning so I couldn’t ask if the situation had been dealt with.

If the person is there again at reception that I reported it to whilst I’m still staying at the hotel, I’ll ask

a reply to: JAGStorm

top topics

join