It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there got to be just only one God?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There is only one Creator but rhat one Creator can have many faces. That are alters, within his conciousness, that is creation. You, being one yourself......

if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: namehere

The POWERS AND PRINCIPALITYS, both physical and spiritual both in the earth and in heaven are NOT God's ...

The way you talk about the subject reminds me of the way Shazooloo talks past the issue* which is responded to in the videos below (*: especially at 1:49):

*: and especially at the start of this part:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
God, according to Tempter, neither exists nor doesn't exist because existence, or lack thereof, would depend on the physical world, or spiritual (to some).

Let's focus on the double negative bolded there that may not be obvious because of the use of the word "nor" (but I'm not going to explain that in detail why it's a double negative, just a reminder).

A double negative is a statement which contains two negative words. If two negatives are used in one sentence, the opposite meaning may be conveyed.

Source: Double Negatives - NIU - Effective Writing Practices Tutorial

Double negatives are two negative words used in the same sentence. Using two negatives usually turns the thought or sentence into a positive one. Double negatives are generally discouraged in English because they are considered to be poor grammar and they can be confusing.

Source: Examples of Double Negatives: From Sentences to Lyrics

So "God ... neither exists nor doesn't exist" becomes (or gives the impression) 'God does not exist and God does exist' (since the double negative at the end can be seen as a positive in the eye of the beholder, hence the remark about a complicated use of language in my previous comment and the remark above that this can be confusing). Then the statement is more obviously contradictory.
edit on 7-8-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
God exists by not existing.

God is the invisible God.
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.

Christ is another term for the anointed one.......Christ is not just one person called Jesus.

The ever present appearance/image is the manifestation of God....the one and only son of God.

There isn't any thing else.

edit on 7-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Pachomius

Well not if multiverse theory or the holographic principle turn out to hold weight.

I kinda like this response or reminder concerning the untestable idea of a multiverse (from a couple of days ago):

But I still prefer this one, it's more succinct (at 1:03 - 2:15):

Here's part 1 for those interested:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your contributions to the thread.

Now, what do you all say, shouldn't we work together as to concur on what is God?

From my part, I would submit that God has permanent existence from Himself, and is the cause of things which are transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I hope in your search you might take time to read
Walter Russell's work titled Universal Law, Natural Science
and Living Philosophy. All of which came to him via revelation.

I understand more of what God is reading Walter Russell's
material than from reading the Bible numerous times.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

That's a masterful bait and switch you pulled

Lot's of Monotheists netted.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have more spirituality in my pinky toe than monotheism has in its whole career.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

God is a spirit (the ORIGINAL spirit) so NO you don't.

We all have soul and spirit and body, God (the ONE TRUE God and that is not Allah by the way but the holy trinity the son whom came from the father and is the word of the father and the holy spirit the comforter which you could describe as three or one so long as you recognize it is ONE GOD, when Jesus ascended from the mount of olives it was not on a UFO or an anti grave beam he ascended with clouds or to put it another turned back into spirit and returned to the father from whom he will come again).

So your claim is wrong.

There is only ONE God but a multitude of spirit's, some utterly evil and vile and wanting you to worship them, others benign, you are in an unseen crowd but if you bow down to them you make yourself a slave and ignore the authority of the ONE that gave you freedom.

You have no more and no less spiritualism than anyone else, beyond that I believe you are wrong and pantheons are opening the doors to evil and blaspheming the true God whom is called the highest for a reason, do not worship your elder errant brothers for they are NOT your god's and all you are doing is enslaving yourself to them.

edit on 8-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

God is a spirit so NO you don't.

We all have soul and spirit and body, God (the ONE TRUE God and that is not Allah by the way but the holy trinity the son whom came from the father and is the word of the father and the holy spirit the comforter which you could describe as three or one so long as you recognize it is ONE GOD, when Jesus ascended from the mount of olives it was not on a UFO or an anti grave beam he ascended with clouds or to put it another turned back into spirit and returned to the father from whom he will come again).

So your claim is wrong.

There is only ONE God but a multitude of spirit's, some utterly evil and vile and wanting you to worship them, others benign, you are in an unseen crowd but if you bow down to them you make yourself a slave and ignore the authority of the ONE that gave you freedom.

I think he is saying his js bigger then the said followers, which would make him more important, with a hint of sarcasm.

You should know that Allah is the Arabic word for an has been long before Mohammed came into picture complaining about being a bastard child of Abraham loins. Wouldnt surprise me if Yahweh an Allah are both dialects of ancient Hebrew, which has been said to have been lost. Just Yahweh was Babyonian, while Allah is from Canaan.

Sadly enough, genetic linages don't mean squat with the passage of time, even though everyone tries to make a big deal out of it.
edit on 8-8-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

Good point, they are both Semitic Languages and are certainly related with many words in common.

There was a civil war some time after Muhammad died as his followers fought for power amongst themselves and control of the territory they had conquered but there is pretty good evidence to prove that Mecca was not in southern Arabia at all but was the city whose ruins we today call Petra, all the descriptions also match Petra and do not match the modern Mecca as well as the alignment of the oldest of there mosques.

So yes the Word Allah does just mean God but it is in the context that it is used by there religion, they for example follow a guy that molested a six year old child (well she went bald on the wedding night so he officially only molested her when she reached the age of nine but tell that to Yemeni's for example whom openly marry children of four and five), told his followers they could rape non believers (in him) etc and also denied that Christ had died or even been crucified let alone resurrected but relegated there version of him to being a prophet trying to make out that HE Muhammad was the real Christ the ultimate and last prophet, why the last, so no one else could come along and steal his lies away.

Just remembered the earliest reference to a being CALLED Allah was in some Sumerian or pre Babylonian ruins and he was a God of revolt and chaos, war in heaven the devil trying to steal the authority of God for himself came to mind when I read that though yes it is just used today as a word meaning God as El and Yah is also a word which means God rather than a name it is a title.

When Moshe (Moses) asked the spirit in the burning bush whom he was the reply was cryptic but also enlightening, I AM and when he sent him to Egypt he said "That they shall know that I AM THE LORD", remember they worshipped many Gods and even had two different pantheons with Ra and Amun being the heads of the two pantheons before eventually merging them into a single pantheon over many century's as the two cultures eventually became one.
edit on 8-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

True, context is important as it is bothersome, espeically with lost translations.

I think much of it had something to do with the story of Elijah(even the name says much)an Israel where things change for the Jews at least. El is the Babyonia word for God an is very apparent in Judaism, an Christianity, even Jesus call out to God using, Eli before Juda's betrayal. It even becomes more apparent with the Babylonian Pantheon, the Elohim, becoming singular instead of being used as plural, which ends up being synomonous with Yahweh. At the pivotal point of Elijah story, it was more or less seeing if the Israelites were going to pick Yahweh or Baal(which means Lord), with Yahweh being the winner.

Yah might have come from Egypt, an have something to do with Lah, a long lost moon God of Egypt, an probably an earlier rendition of Osiris. Thing is I'm very iffy about the story of Moses, an the Exodus, I just think it might contradict somethings, just can't make up mind as to what. Probably Abraham's origin being Sumerian or some #, since supposedly Babylon, Egypt an Canaan(or the region of it) were at odds with each other.

Allah, might be just as symonmous with Elohim, as Yahweh is, but again the bloody translations.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It depends on what your definition of "IS" is.

If "GOD" "IS", then there must exist at least one. Then, by reason of reflection only, there must be at least two. In other words, at the moment that "GOD IS", or the "I AM" is born, so is self awareness, providing reflection, and one becomes two, self and self reflection.

Upon the self realization of "I AM", three must, in turn, pop into existence. "Three", representing the observation of the interaction of the "I AM" and its self awareness within it's reflection, from a third preceptive.

Upon the realization derived from the observation from a third perspective, of the "I AM's" self realization within its own reflection, four "IS". The first leg of the reality of the "ONE's" confirmed reality is borne, four representing the first dimension of solid reality in the tetrahedron. Thus begins the expanse, creation and multiplication.

If we assume GOD "IS" not one thing, that GOD IS O, ZERO, the symbol that hangs between what is and what is absent, then we can logically conclude that the no-thing GOD IS is the ZERO thing that hangs between what is and what is absent, IS the sum of all things that are and are absent. Then we can further conclude that the O, ZERO is that which encompasses an infinity of perspectives.

So, either GOD IS the sum of everything or there IS an infinite number of gods within everything.

edit on 8-8-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If "GOD" "IS", then there must exist at least one. Then, by reason of reflection only, there must be at least two. In other words, at the moment that "GOD IS", or the "I AM" is born, so is self awareness, providing reflection, and one becomes two, self and self reflection.

Upon the self realization of "I AM", three must, in turn, pop into existence. "Three", representing the observation of the interaction of the "I AM" and its self awareness within it's reflection, from a third preceptive.

Upon the realization derived from the observation from a third perspective, of the "I AM's" self realization within its own reflection, four "IS". The first leg of the reality of the "ONE']s" reality of one is borne, four representing the first dimension of solid reality in the tetrahedron.

If we assume GOD "IS" not one thing, that GOD IS O, ZERO, the symbol that hangs between what is and what is absent, then we can logically conclude that the no-thing, GOD IS the ZERO thing that hangs between what is and what is absent, IS the sum of all things that are and are absent. Then we can further conclude that the O, ZERO is that which encompasses an infinity of perspectives.

So, either GOD IS everything or there an infinite number of gods within everything.

God is whatever there is.
Always just this.

There is nothing separate from this....this is simply being this.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Upon the realization derived from the observation from a third perspective, of the "I AM's" self realization within its own reflection, four "IS". The first leg of the reality of the "ONE']s" reality of one is borne, four representing the first dimension of solid reality in the tetrahedron.

If we assume GOD "IS" not one thing, that GOD IS O, ZERO, the symbol that hangs between what is and what is absent, then we can logically conclude that the no-thing, GOD IS the ZERO thing that hangs between what is and what is absent, IS the sum of all things that are and are absent. Then we can further conclude that the O, ZERO is that which encompasses an infinity of perspectives.

So, either GOD IS everything or there an infinite number of gods within everything.

God is whatever there is.
Always just this.

There is nothing separate from this....this is simply being this.

That's what I said.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I would like to share this with you:

"Everything is already IT already."

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The idea of a singular God is relatively new. Early Christian's believed in multiple gods for example, it wasn't until a long time after jesus it was changed.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

God is a spirit (the ORIGINAL spirit) so NO you don't.

So your claim is wrong.

You have no more and no less spiritualism than anyone else, beyond that I believe you are wrong and pantheons are opening the doors to evil and blaspheming the true God whom is called the highest for a reason, do not worship your elder errant brothers for they are NOT your god's and all you are doing is enslaving yourself to them.

All I see in your so called spirituality is jealousy and prejudice.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

I looked up a bunch of language stuff last year. I don't have all the notes, but here is the summary that I posted.

The early 19th Century Christian narrative goes something like this:

Hebrew is the original language spoken by God, the holy angels, and Adam the first man, specially created by God. All humans spoke Hebrew until the Tower of Babel incident.
Eventually, God wanted man to have a written record, He therefore taught Moses how to write in Hebrew(c 1440-1290 BC) so that he could write the Book of Genesis.
Genesis is therefore the oldest book in the world.

Needless to say, that has all been debunked since then.
Proto-Canaanite, Proto-Phoenician, and Proto-Hebrew are indistinguishable. The oldest found writing in Jerusalem dated c 1000 BC, is proto-whatever. There was no Hebrew script during the supposed heyday of Ancient Israel (David, Solomon). Hebrew script was developed during the Exile period in Babylon adopting Syriac script common to Mesopotamia at the time. (c 600-450 BC).

So if Moses wrote Genesis in Hebrew, that makes Moses an exile in Babylon c 600-450 BC, not Egypt, and the Exodus was not from Egypt at all. After all, there is no extra-Biblical evidence of anything vaguely resembling the Exodus account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder now: Did God teach English to humans or did humans teach English to God?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join