It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee Brown Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lee Brown Revisited

I re-watched a video from 1986 of Cherokee Lee Brown speaking on Native prophecies at the Continental Indigenous Council in Fairbanks, Alaska. I thought this post could serve as a reminder to those of you who know the video and an introduction to those of you who don't. I find it rather captivating.

At about the 45 minute mark his speech ends and the video abruptly transitions into an interview with Lee Brown and his wife from the same general time period. It looks like Dr. Brown is currently a professor at the University of British Columbia: . lfs-iherg.sites.olt.ubc.ca...

It is the speech portion of the video that I would like to focus on.

In the speech he talks about the history of man as told through the Indian Elders: from the beginning all the way to the "end." He talks about the races of man and their guardianships. He talks about the great shakings, two of which have happened and the third still to come. He is calm, and his tone does not vary much, and he is a great story teller.

You can read a transcript of his speech here: bahai-library.com...

27:42 "Because there's going to come a time when the earth is going to be shaken a third time. The Great Spirit has shaken the earth two times: the First and Second World Wars to remind us that we are a human family, to remind us that we should have greeted each other as brothers and sisters. We had a chance after each shaking to come together in a circle that would have brought peace on earth, but we missed that."

To elaborate, in order to wake us up and bring us together as one people, the Great Spirit shakes us. The first time was WWI, the second was WWII, and the third has not yet happened. He also has said that, with the first two, the Great Spirit only used one hand and the third time he will use both.

What are some of the things to look for before the great shaking?

20:00 "And they began to tell us at these gatherings, they said "In your lifetime you're going to see things happen..." It was strange when they said it in the 1950's and 1960's but now it seems very clear. But then it was unusual. They said, "You're going to see a time in your life when men are going to become women. The Great Spirit is going to make a man on the earth. He made him a man but this man is going to say, "I know more than the Great Spirit. I'm going to change myself to be a woman:" And they will even nurse children. The Great Spirit is going to make the woman on the earth. She's going to say, "I know more than the Great Spirit. I want to be a man. And she will be physically a man." This sounded strange. And maybe in a vision they saw Boy-George."

In 1986 Boy-George was the "acceptable" gender extreme. Looking at these words through a 2021 lens, you realize he had no idea how things would progress. Note: This part is edited out of some videos and transcripts.

24:23 "In 1776 when the United States Government printed the dollar, in one claw [of the eagle], if you've ever noticed, there is an olive branch in this claw. They said that represented peace. The Indian elders shared with me in South Dakota that to them that represents the enslavement of black people. In the prophecies of the Six Nations people they say there will be two great uprisings by black people to free themselves. We've seen one about 1964. There will be a second, more violent one to come."

There's that 2021 lens again. Also edited out of some videos and transcripts.

27:15 "At this time you're going to see that things will speed up, that people on the earth will move faster and faster. Grandchildren will not have time for grandparents. Parents will not have time for children. It will seem like time is going faster and faster. The elders advised us that, as things speed up, you yourself should slow down. The faster things go, the slower you go."

28:27 "In the 1950's they talked about this: they will build a house and throw it in the sky. When you see people living in the sky on a permanent basis, you will know the Great Spirit is about to grab the earth, this time not with one hand, but with both hands. Many of you of Native background may have heard "the spirits will warn you twice, but the third time you stand alone." We've had two warnings, the first two World Wars, but now we stand alone in the third one. As it says in the Bahá'í Writings, there will be no-one protected. When this house is in the sky, the Great Spirit is going to shake the Earth a third time and whoever dropped that gourd of ashes, upon them it is going to drop."

It seems like the house in the sky is the last sign before the third shaking. Some might consider the international space station a "house" in the sky, and it would fulfill the prophecy, but I wonder if someone who described a car as a bug, would ever think of the ISS as a house. Any plans at Google for a space hotel?

Also, the gourd of ashes is associated with the mushroom cloud produced by an atomic explosion, and the words seem to indicate that a similar bomb will be used on those who originally dropped it. I would, however, like to point out the wording of, "upon them it is going to drop." He does not say it is the gourd of ashes that drops. Perhaps he is referring to the house in the sky. This is an oral tradition... you speak the words as they are told to you. White Feather of the Bear Clan says, "And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of the Hopi people will cease."

One could reasonably imagine they are referring to a large satellite falling into a city; sparking a nuclear war.

30:03 "And they said there's going to come a time when in the morning the sun is going to rise and this village of stone (city) will be there, and in the evening there would just be steam coming from the ground. They will be as steam. And in the center of many of those villages of stone when they turn to steam, the Native people will turn to steam also because they never woke up and left the village."

I did note that there is no mention of lock-downs, masks, or pandemics.

(Continued)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
(Continued)

Lastly, I would like to talk about the races of man and the forgotten guardianship.

Dr. Brown says that there are four races of man. The Great Spirit said, "I'm going to send you to four directions and over time I'm going to change you to four colors, but I'm going to give you some teachings and you will call these the Original Teachings and when you come back together with each other you will share these so that you can live and have peace on earth, and a great civilization will come about."

Each was then given guardianship over an element. To the Red man was given the guardianship of Earth. The Yellow man, guardianship of Air. The Black man was given Water. The White man has fire.

There is a logic to this, and it seems to fit the cultures of each. The flow of Chi (air) is very important in Asian cultures. Native Americans were shepherds to the greatest flocks the world has ever seen. In parts of Africa, water becomes the most important element. Likewise, in the mountains of Europe, if you don't have fire, you won't survive.

Speaking of fire, who can deny what the Euro-centric culture has created with fire? Yet, according to Brown, the White man has forgotten his guardianship, and when the Conquistadors greeted the Indigenous Americans with a trinket instead of the sacred handshake, the Natives knew it was gonna be bad.

9:44 "And so word spread throughout North America that there was going to be a hard time, that maybe some of the brothers and sisters had forgotten the sacredness of all things and all the human beings were going to suffer for this on the earth."

One could surmise that many of the difficulties we face coming together as one people are because as a culture the White race has forgotten our true nature, our guardianship. AND WE HAVE FIRE! For all the great machines and processes that utilize fire as their core, this is not the true purpose of fire. It is not the "Original Teaching" to use fire to achieve power.

In the Hopi tradition, the element of fire was always meant to bring people together, not provide the means to drive them apart. Maybe it could have, maybe it still can, because in this spiritual model, the true and most basic purpose of fire is WARMTH.

Imagine that.

One could also surmise that the problem can also become the solution. Because any way you look at it, metaphorically, physically, or spiritually, nothing brings people together on a cold dark night better than warm fire.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

Well I managed to last five minutes and have given you a star and flag for a nicely composed thread.

Surely no one takes that nonsense seriously.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Thank you for the compliment.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Native Americans weren’t Shepard’s following game migratory game animals does not make you a Shepard. Just one of the many glaring faults here.

Reads like avatar the air bender.

edit on 6-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I've noticed the avatar connections, esp. with the fire nation out of control.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There are a few projects on the go that could fit the "house in the sky" part.
You mentioned the ISS,but we also have the second chinese station,NASAs Artemis Monbase project,SpaceX mars habitat and the spaceport/hotel mega station idea from the gateway foundation.

If any have a decent chance I would go with Artemis,which I think are going for a permanent human presence on the moon by 2030 ish.
If we don't all get turned to steam by then(that sounds like nuclear war to me-or an space event which boils off our atmosphere).

But sadly people have ignored the warnings of the ancient natives consistently since the industrial revolution,so maybe its sort of our own fault if we do get turned to steam.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Thanks, I will look into Artemis.

It is not my attempt here to prove or disprove the prophecies. Who am I to say if they are true or not? I do really like the Hopi's and their history. I find the prophecies to be fascinating and eerily accurate. It is my pleasure to take them to a logical conclusion or to a philosophical or paradoxical question.

For example: With the assumption that the prophecies are accurate, does this mean the great flood occurred because ages ago the Black race forgot their guardianship of water?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Good prophecies.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Native Americans weren’t Shepard’s following game migratory game animals does not make you a Shepard. Just one of the many glaring faults here.

i have to differ there, native americans didn't really go hunting becase it was fun, they did it because they needed to eat. and only killed what they needed and used just about every bit in some fashion or another.

not like the white man who after domestication of live stock,and even when they had no need to supplement their food source stalked and wiped out millions of animals just for the sake of sport or greed.

if you want it to be a sport, make it a fair fight and go at them bare handed.

edit on 15-8-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join