It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the flu is dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Final 2019/20 Flu Numbers
The final data on flu season 2019/2020 was released by the CDC in April as COVID-19 continued to spread throughout the United States.

Between October 1, 2019 and April 4, 2020, the flu resulted in:

39 to 56 million illnesses
410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations
24,000 to 62,000 deaths
195 pediatric deaths

hive.rochesterregional.org...
Oh my, that sounds aggressive, deaths aplenty.

but wait:

Final Flu Season Metrics 2020/21
Each flu season, the CDC tracks a few important metrics that help tell the story of how severe the current flu season is compared to previous seasons. Here are a few numbers to sum up the 2020/2021 flu season, running from October 1, 2020 to April 1, 2021.

Mortality - The PIC mortality rate is the rate of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19. This year, the majority of PIC deaths were due to COVID-19. 646 deaths were attributed to the flu.

Pediatric Deaths - Pediatric deaths are the number of deaths of people under the age of 18. In 2019/20, there were 195 pediatric deaths. There was one pediatric death during the 2020/21 season.

I have been assured by "the smart ones" that this is true, and a direct result of masking with t-shirt material cut out in the shape of a mask, and the amazing job we did with distancing and hand washing. I don't know about you, but to see the numbers drop that drastically, we have some congratulating to do. We are an amazing species. We didn't even try really hard, and beat the flu full stop. A bunch of us were half assed maskers, didn't really change our routines, and still managed to accomplish this amazing feat.

Remember, in the future, if there is ever any talk about "flu", it's likely a myth, like ANTIFA.
edit on 6-8-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I heard by reliable sources that what we used to call the common cold, you know some fever, headache, sore throat, stuffy and runny nose and cough has been eradicated also, no longer will be known as the common cold.

Big pharma mobsters, CDC lap dogs and fascist Faucy decided to call it covid variants and they have a booster waiting for you.

edit on 6-8-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I for one would like to applaud the crumpled 2 day old used pocket mask and all it has done to transform society for the better.

The 300% recycled polyester from Vietnam really works wonders.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

See, I haven't even looked at the cold numbers. I'm already sore from patting myself on the back. I'll have to rest before I get all giddy on that.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I for one would like to applaud the crumpled 2 day old used pocket mask and all it has done to transform society for the better.

The 300% recycled polyester from Vietnam really works wonders.

And just think, we got dual use, as we were able to advertise our favorite sports teams and such while protecting the Earth from Flu. My God we are awesome.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Proof we're effed.

First healthcare insurance was shoved down our throats, Now vaccines are.

We are living under a 'medical' dictatorship to where people are getting fired for not moving along with other sheep.

Now we've moved on to Hate crimes for even speaking out against frauds.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
check out this "misinformation":

How do I know it’s just a cold and not COVID?
In short: You don’t, unless you get tested. Even if you’ve been vaccinated, there’s a chance you can still contract COVID, and experience mild, coldlike symptoms, says Camins. And according to some physicians, symptoms associated with the Delta variant are even closer in profile to ordinary colds (though, Camins says, we need more data to be sure).

Either way, COVID and the common cold have significant overlap, so it’s something we should always have “in the back of our minds,” says Smith. Both viruses can include the following symptoms, he says: runny nose, headache, sore throat, feeling a bit “off” (or cruddy).

Though many Americans are now fully vaccinated, and the COVID risk has dramatically decreased, the pandemic isn’t over, and so it’s more important than ever to stay home when you’re sick, says Camins. “We have seen some people [recently] with mild COVID symptoms, who think it’s a cold, who then go to work with COVID,” he says. COVID remains dangerous to unvaccinated people, of course, so it’s important to isolate and get tested, if possible, to rule it out.

www.thecut.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I know is soo funny, I went today to my favorite spa, the owner is a very good friend of mine, it is sad to hear her telling me that her brother, somebody I know for years, has become a victim of the moderna "rare side effects", that are no so rare.

He is a private pilot, he no longer can fly anymore due to neurological issues after he took the second moderna jab, I remember the last time I seen him was at her sister spa, he was with his mask telling my husband that moderna experimental jab was doing well in the test, "before it was available", I told him that I did not trust the pharma, he laugh about it, he invested in the pharma soo he was very happy.

After the second jab, one day later he was in the emergency room unable to walk, due to what he tough was extreme fatigue, for months after that he is been in and out of the hospital.

But I am sure his returns with moderna will be good enough to take care of him while he is unable to work.

Sad, because he is only in his 30s.

Yep this is the future of many in the US as the big pharma keep injecting their crap on people.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its about time to crank up that 5G and see what it does. Injectee's may start hopping like bugs under a magnifying lens in the sun. I shouldnt laugh about it, but.....

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Nah, big pharma have it all covered it will be blamed on another variant and requirements for more jabs .

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I always laugh at that one... the masks stop the flu but not covid??? SAME VIRUS family. the mask would know the differce folks!

I have been assured by "the smart ones" that this is true, and a direct result of masking with t-shirt material cut out in the shape of a mask, and the amazing job we did with distancing and hand washing. I don't know about you, but to see the numbers drop that drastically, we have some congratulating to do

....lol... a reply to: network dude

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's not dead, they quit testing for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The stat I find interest is the pediatric deaths. My local school system wants kids in masks at school. It makes no sense to me. They are getting the parents all worked up.

According to your link, prior to Covid there were 195 deaths due to flu NATIONWIDE under 18 years old.

Per the CDC, there were about 350 Covid deaths NATIONWIDE last year under 18 years old.

Simple question, if we didn't shut down schools for flu, why for Covid?

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The stat I find interest is the pediatric deaths. My local school system wants kids in masks at school. It makes no sense to me. They are getting the parents all worked up.

According to your link, prior to Covid there were 195 deaths due to flu NATIONWIDE under 18 years old.

Per the CDC, there were about 350 Covid deaths NATIONWIDE last year under 18 years old.

Simple question, if we didn't shut down schools for flu, why for Covid?

flu has been around too long, it can't be used like Covid can.

And based on the information we see, we either are that #ing amazing, or we shifted the numbers to favor covid being more deadly than it actually is. I would honestly like to see a third alternative, anyone? Bueler?

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My mask just had OBEY printed on it it big white letter like from the movie they live.

Manitoba is lifting the mandatory mask tomorrow apparently which has me pretty happy.

edit on 6-8-2021 by Athetos because: Spelling is friend.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

isn't that nice of them. I bet they are happy just to make you happy.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I really want to pose this question to my neighbors on Facebook, but I don't want to risk a backlash. Most of them are rabid liberals and would probably get triggered. Everyone has been discussing school policy for this upcoming school year and masks.

Given the pediatric death numbers there is ZERO logic in requiring under 18 to wear masks. We didn't do it with the flu so not seeing the logic in doing it now.

The only response I'll likely get is something claiming Covid is more contagious and what about Grandma? My response is most of the elderly have already been vaccinated. If someone hasn't been vaccinated at this point, it is a personal choice and the rest of society should not be inconvenienced.

To me this is like saying that because some people choose not to wear a seat belt when driving, the rest of us should not drive a car to protect those who choose not to wear a seat belt.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

To me this is like saying that because some people choose not to wear a seat belt when driving, the rest of us should not drive a car to protect those who choose not to wear a seat belt.

that's about it right there.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Final 2019/20 Flu Numbers
The final data on flu season 2019/2020 was released by the CDC in April as COVID-19 continued to spread throughout the United States.

Between October 1, 2019 and April 4, 2020, the flu resulted in:

39 to 56 million illnesses
410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations
24,000 to 62,000 deaths
195 pediatric deaths

hive.rochesterregional.org...
Oh my, that sounds aggressive, deaths aplenty.

but wait:

Final Flu Season Metrics 2020/21
Each flu season, the CDC tracks a few important metrics that help tell the story of how severe the current flu season is compared to previous seasons. Here are a few numbers to sum up the 2020/2021 flu season, running from October 1, 2020 to April 1, 2021.

Mortality - The PIC mortality rate is the rate of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19. This year, the majority of PIC deaths were due to COVID-19. 646 deaths were attributed to the flu.

Pediatric Deaths - Pediatric deaths are the number of deaths of people under the age of 18. In 2019/20, there were 195 pediatric deaths. There was one pediatric death during the 2020/21 season.

I have been assured by "the smart ones" that this is true, and a direct result of masking with t-shirt material cut out in the shape of a mask, and the amazing job we did with distancing and hand washing. I don't know about you, but to see the numbers drop that drastically, we have some congratulating to do. We are an amazing species. We didn't even try really hard, and beat the flu full stop. A bunch of us were half assed maskers, didn't really change our routines, and still managed to accomplish this amazing feat.

Remember, in the future, if there is ever any talk about "flu", it's likely a myth, like ANTIFA.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but the only reason you find this suspicious is because you don't understand the mathematics of pandemics. The single number that describes whether a particular virus infection in the population will increase or decrease is the basic reproduction number, usually denoted as R(t), to indicate that the value of R varies over time.

If every individual in the population who is infected with a particular virus transmits that infection, on the average, to more than one other individual, the pandemic will grow. That should be very easy to understand, intuitively. If I have the infection and I give it to two people this week, they give it to two people next week, and so on, the number of people who have been infected will double every week. That is exponential growth, and corresponds to R(t) = 2.

Now let's say that there are 100 people infected with a particular virus and they each transmit the virus, on the average, to less than one other individual--let's say 0.9 other individuals. That means that next week, there will be 90 people with the virus. The week after that there will be 81 people with the virus, the week after that there will be 73, and so on. The numbers will keep getting smaller until it reaches a practical minimum. That is exponential extinction of infection and corresponds to R(t) = 0.9.

There are a few variables that go into determining what R(t) is. One important variable is the number of people you come into close contact with on an average day. Prior to the pandemic, an average American came into contact with approximately 20 people. If you cut that number in half (by avoiding crowded spaces and reducing travel, for example) you obviously will reduce the opportunities for people to infect each other by 50%, so R(t) will decrease proportionately. Now let's say that some fraction of the population uses masks, and they reduce the transmission between people by 25%, on the average. That will decrease R(t) to 75% of its former value.

But the really important variable that controls the probability of transferring the infection from one person to another is the proportion of the population that has some pre-existing immunity. When a novel virus (like SARS-CoV-2) first comes into the population, practically zero percent of the population has immunity. That means that practically 100% of the people that an infected individual comes into contact with are susceptible to getting the infection.

Now consider a virus like common influenza, which has been around in the human population essentially forever. In any given year, somewhere around 75% of the population has some pre-existing immunity to the flu. That means that only 1/4 of the people someone with the flu comes into contact with are susceptible to getting the flu.

For this example, and everything else being equal, the probability of someone who is infected with the coronavirus infecting someone else is 4 times greater than someone with the seasonal flu infecting someone else with the flu, at least when very few people have any pre-existing coronavirus immunity.

Looking at this another way, mask wearing and social distancing is 4 times more effective at reducing R(t) for the flu than it is at reducingR(t) for coronavirus. Let's say R(t) for coronavirus is 3 under the conditions that existed in 2019, but the population then cuts its social contact in half, and enough people wear masks to reduce the spread by another 25%; that would reduce R(t) for coronavirus to about 1.1. That's still a number greater than one, so the coronavirus pandemic will still grow, but it will grow at a much slower rate than if nobody was distancing or wearing masks. But now let's say that R(t) for seasonal flu was about 1.5 under 2019 conditions. The same amount of mask wearing and social distancing that reduced R(t) for coronavirus to 1.1 would reduce R(t) for the flu to about 0.45. That's well below 1.0 and would lead to rapid disappearance in flu infections. Which is exactly what we've seen.

Eventually, if we develop a similar herd immunity to Covid and go back pre-pandemic levels of social contact and we stop wearing masks, seasonal influenza will also come back to its pre-existing levels.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

thanks for all that information on Corona Virus. It's been said, but can't be said enough, I agree.

Not sure if you read the OP, but this isn't about corona virus, it's about the flu. now if you go back to other years, you notice something odd (if you are honest with yourself, and that may not be the case), the numbers look strikingly similar. Some years a little more, some years a little less. But 2020-2021, we #ing nailed it. We go this all figured out. No more pesky flu shots. Why would anyone try to inoculate themselves over something that killed less than 675 people in a year? My God, you have a better chance of dying from choking on a stick of gum.

Flu is gone, we are awesome, take a victory lap, you helped in a big way. You earned it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join