It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts Delaying Eviction Proceedings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The Democrats are going to do what ever they want. In Pennsylvania, Allegheny County's Chief Judge has asked for a delay in processing eviction requests.
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Was this the fallback incase the CDC didn't extend the moratorium? The Judge says that the delay will allow more people to file for assistance from the Emergency Rental Assistance Program.

I'm sorry, but, does the Judge have the AUTHORITY to do this?

No. I don't want to see people tossed out on the streets. I also don't want to see people lose their investments and retirement income as well.

I'm in favor of assistance to people who need help, but, then you see things like this
"Landlord out $24,000 in rent due to eviction moratorium, says tenants buying boats
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
The Democrats are going to do what ever they want. In Pennsylvania, Allegheny County's Chief Judge...

...was appointed by a Republican.

edit on 6-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The rule of law doesn't apply to the evil left.

*shrugs*

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm aware of that. The Judge's affiliation is Democrat. There's a lot of that around here.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Maybe the far-right needs to have a meeting to set some standards on what's acceptable.

Democrats Cancel Trumps Eviction Moratorium - ATS

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm aware of that. The Judge's affiliation is Democrat. There's a lot of that around here.

Guess Republicans need to do a better job appointing judges.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In that County it's hard to tell them apart. Glad I don't live in it, but, I live close enough to get some of the fallout from it.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In that County it's hard to tell them apart. Glad I don't live in it, but, I live close enough to get some of the fallout from it.

Maybe you're starting to get the big picture: Republicans = Democrats

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No. You left out RINO's. That's our problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No. You left out RINO's. That's our problem.

Yeah, everyone's a 'RINO'. Tom Ridge was a hardcore conservative, now he's a RINO.

Both parties are the same, getting breast fed by special interests.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Or...Judges need to go back to school and take a few reading courses and then read the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Reality2021

That's an after the fact issue, maybe appoint better ones to begin with.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

They've made almost all the Mom & Pop businesses bankrupt with the lockdown.

This is a continuation of that.

Who owns all these places? Mostly middle-class folks.

They are going to lose their shirts, as their "tenants" buy new toys.

Don't want to be homeless? Pay your rent.

Sickening.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Which would explain the deafening silence by republicans in power on the CDC's powergrab on this matter as well. Seems they get something out of undermining property rights with the fantasy of "squatter's rights".

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Which would explain the deafening silence by republicans in power on the CDC's powergrab on this matter as well. Seems they get something out of undermining property rights with the fantasy of "squatter's rights".

I have to say, I am very disappointed the Supreme Court took the easy way out since 'this was ending in July anyway'.

You know who won't make out on this deal? You. Me. And anyone else paying their f****** bills.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Exactly.

These people have spent this entire pandemic sitting on their fat asses not paying rent, getting taxpayer money and living in largesse while the property owners they are stealing from get screwed. The vast majority of which are NOT Blackrock, but Mr. and Mrs. Your #ing Neighbors.

The left calls it justice and the right says nothing at all.

Absurd.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Exactly.

These people have spent this entire pandemic sitting on their fat asses not paying rent, getting taxpayer money and living in largesse while the property owners they are stealing from get screwed. The vast majority of which are NOT Blackrock, but Mr. and Mrs. Your #ing Neighbors.

The left calls it justice and the right says nothing at all.

Absurd.

The more they let the juice run on this the bigger the crater it's going to cause when it does come time to correct the ledger.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm afraid that people will actually have to die before that happens.

I asked an acquaintance of mine what he thinks will happen if Walmart does require all of its employees to get vaccinated and they refuse?

I agree that everyone is replaceable, but if you # over enough rednecks in Arkansas with fascist policy thinking following the government is the safe way to go, you'll find your shiny HQ building burnt to ashes.

The same thing can happen to society in general under these circumstances. The government is actively flattening anyone who owns anything and they are doing it based on the Great Reset agenda.

Anyone who aids this # going forward, as it starts to really hurt and affect large portions of society, is going to find themselves on the end of a rope or worse. The mood in the US isn't American Revolution, it's French Revolution. I advocate for a Restoration, but it seems we're passed reason:

We all know how revolutions typically end. At least we all should. But in case there is a reader out there who isn't sure, there's this:

A Brief History of Revolution
edit on 8 6 2021 by projectvxn because: Added some stuff and removed some stuff. It's my post, I'll do what I want with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There used to be an incentive to be responsible with ones life, finances and conduct. Now if I act without consideration, be a mooch and behave lawlessly I get rewarded.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am sooo glad I sold off my tenements 5 years ago!!!
phew!

join