It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unvaccinated Not Allowed in Any Supermarkets Without Testing (Cyprus)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have found it interesting over the last while on this site to read what other people are going through in regards to Covid, with the rules and regulations in different countries, and it struck me today that no one knows what is going on in Cyprus, and to be honest things here are slowly getting worse each month.

We moved over here from the UK a couple of years ago to enjoy our retirement, but what I am noticing in Cyprus is that we seem to be at the forefront of draconian measures.

For quite a while now the unvaccinated have been banned from sitting inside and outside of pubs, taverna's restaurants and cafes unless you have what they call a 'Safe Pass' which is proof of vaccination on your phone or a rapid test that you have paid ten euros for.

The unvaccinated have also not been allowed into shopping malls and all of the bigger stores, which we had no choice but to get used to, but then in July the unvaccinated were told they were no longer allowed in any supermarkets at all without either showing proof of a vaccine or having a rapid test which has to be paid for at the price of ten euros, we are allowed into very small corner stores where no more than ten people can fit if the owner will allow us entry.

I think everyone that is unvaccinated was hoping that the measures would be ended at the end of July especially for the supermarkets, but they have carried them on and now there are rumor's that it is going to carry on until at least the end of the year.

It has made life really difficult, for example a few days ago I needed some eggs, tomatoes and bread etc, it took us nearly two hours of driving around little corner shops to try and find what we needed and to see if we were allowed entry.

The people that work in this country have had to have a rapid test every 72 hours for months now to be allowed to go to work, the tests used to be free but in the past few weeks they have taken away the free tests and now everyone has to pay 10 euros, the Cypriot people really don’t get paid a lot of money to work, I think I heard it is roughly around five euro’s an hour so this is also causing them a lot of problems as paying for the tests is eating into their wages.

There have been a few protests in the capital which is Nicosia, but it hasn’t really achieved anything, a few weeks ago a doctor that was giving a talk to the crowds of people got arrested and put in jail, he is released now thankfully, but the draconian measures being forced upon people are getting worse, our minister actually came out and said two weeks ago that he would like to the see the unvaccinated having to wear special bracelets, he retracted his statement the following day, but I can see the thought is already there, I think the reason I am posting is that I never see Cyprus in the news and it makes me think the rest of the world have no idea that this is going on in this country and has been for the last few months, the things that shocks me is that they are getting away with it all.

None of the lockdowns and continual mask wearing has really bothered me too much, but take away the supermarkets and life becomes harder.
There have been a few doctors in Cyprus that have tried to tell patients not to have the vaccine, and it was in the news roughly about six weeks ago that any doctor who talks to a patient and negatively talks about the vaccine to them will be investigated, this is really not normal behavior.

Even more worrying is the fact that a few months ago when the government first said that having a safe pass to go into supermarkets was coming into effect, a few lawyers got together and took it to court, unfortunately they didn't win their case and the message from the judge seemed to be that even if the government wanted to make vaccine mandatory it isn't taking away anyone’s freedom, this is the excerpt from what the judge said, and the part that worries me the most…….he said

'With the measures taken, vaccination is not compulsory.
In any event, however, according to ECtHR rulings, compulsory vaccination does not infringe the right to life, personal freedom and security, private and family life and freedom of thought, conscience and religion'.
End Quote

I read that to say that they can make vaccines mandatory which is worrying especially as I am unvaccinated and have no intentions ever of having the vaccine.

I would move from this country but I have a feeling if this is happening here it’s on the way to happening in other places as well.
At this point I am not sure what else they can take away from us but I am sure they will come up with something else.

The thing that annoys me the most apart from taking away virtually every freedom we had is that the vaccinated are allowed to wander about freely as if they couldn’t possibly be transmitting the virus, and some of the things that the vaccinated are saying on some social media platforms over here make my blood run cold, the comments are really hate filled, it is definitely causing a great divide over here on this island.
I hope this was interesting to some, and if you think it can’t happen where you are, unfortunately it can as I never thought it would happen here.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sandrapoy

Whoever is pushing this it seems to be spreading in every western country.

The thing that annoys me the most apart from taking away virtually every freedom we had is that the vaccinated are allowed to wander about freely as if they couldn’t possibly be transmitting the virus

Hm.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Why hasn't there been a revolution? What are there, 10,000 people to one @sshole politician? Looks like France is getting ready for some blood-letting of politicians, French Rev 2.0? Maybe polish up them guillotines and dust off the gallows. Let them eat cake, eh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You need to share your story to more then just us.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

Whoever is pushing this it seems to be spreading in every western country.

The thing that annoys me the most apart from taking away virtually every freedom we had is that the vaccinated are allowed to wander about freely as if they couldn’t possibly be transmitting the virus

Hm.

Problem is there are people out there that had better not be pushed too far. People that have been in wars and war zones and have seen the dead and tortured, who have arranged many meetings for idiots with God..... and are good at it. These tools keep going in this direction, I am pretty sure they are going to cross a line and it's going to be all over. The biggest problem is these political jackasses are just front men, brain dead greedy meat puppets, working for the human garbage pulling the strings that are truly evil. You have to know who or whom is the head of the snake to cut it off.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/6.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sandrapoyk

They are getting some sort of kickback.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OP you're going to think that I'm trolling but I am not. Don't ever believe that anyone who has a different philosophy from you is "trolling". I'm just giving you my opinion.
I'm one of the the minority on this forum but here it is:
(Short and sweet, to save you too many eyerolls.)

Just take the vaccine. it's a lesser evil (imo) than a bio weapon and pretty much one in a million to die. Or whatever, it's less of a pain in the ass than covid and being segregated from society.
And also this. You're retired. (lucky duck) You've lived a great life. If (in five years) you grow antlers or something then whatever, at least you got to live a normal life.
This is the way it is, unfortunately for many.

edit on 6-8-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The solution is to get someone to do the shopping for the retirees.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you. I once lived on Paros, not terribly far…such a beautiful place to retire, troubling to see what has become of your leisure time of life. Best wishes for the future.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Just take the vaccine. it's a lesser evil (imo) than a bio weapon and pretty much one in a million to die. Or whatever, it's less of a pain in the ass than covid and being segregated from society.

It is not that simple , outing people based on medical decisions , or force medical treatment on them.
In many countries that is protected under constitutional law.

You cannot just break these laws , there are procedures to protect or change these laws.

These laws exists for a reason , to protect the sovereignty of a person from overreach from a governing organisation.

I have no problem if they go through proper procedures to change these laws.
Gives me some time to pack my Sh#t atleast.

But not like this , You want a world where you have no choice but to obey ?

Comply or be outed ?

This has nothing to do with being afraid for the vaccine , i can call em up and get a shot today if i want.

What i do or not do with my body is only my concern.

Otherwise you might just open the books , add STD's and other stuff to the passports.

How far we wanna go with this ?
edit on 6-8-2021 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Some loser said “just take the vaccine, it’s less hassle than being segregated from society”

What a piece of sh#t

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Some of us have integrity.

You authoritarians are a twisted breed.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

It is not that simple , outing people based on medical decisions , or force medical treatment on them.

You cannot just break these laws , there are procedures to protect or change these laws.

These laws exists for a reason , to protect the sovereignty of a person from overreach from a governing organisation.

Comply or be outed ?

This has nothing to do with being afraid for the vaccine , i can call em up and get a shot today if i want.

Otherwise you might just open the books , add STD's and other stuff to the passports.

That makes perfect sense in every scenario I can think of other than a pandemic.
The rules change when something wicked this way comes.
I don't subscribe to possible bio weapons, but that's just me.
edit on 6-8-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

(post by MykeNukem removed for a manners violation)
(post by slatesteam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: canucks555

Comply or be outed ?

That makes perfect sense in every scenario I can think of other than a pandemic.

Is mommy close by?

Sounds like you need a comfort figure....

That's a pathetic reply. I expect it to be removed for violating the forum rules.

Is that seriously the best you can do?

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

OP you're going to think that I'm trolling but I am not. Don't ever believe that anyone who has a different philosophy from you is "trolling". I'm just giving you my opinion.
I'm one of the the minority on this forum but here it is:
(Short and sweet, to save you too many eyerolls.)

And also this. You're retired. (lucky duck) You've lived a great life. If (in five years) you grow antlers or something then whatever, at least you got to live a normal life.
This is the way it is, unfortunately for many.
Stfu and gtfo.

Sorry to make it “easy” for some of “us”

Also: “not trolling”

Again. A non (knee jerk) reply that says everything about your inability to debate.

(post by slatesteam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Comply or be outed ?

Is mommy close by?

That's a pathetic reply. I expect it to be removed for violating the forum rules.

It was a serious question.

It's all I can think of for your previous response.

Maybe mommy is the government?

Who knows?

ETA: I've had posts removed for far less.

edit on 8/6/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Comply or be outed ?

Is mommy close by?

Expect “more”

Carry on

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join