It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going for it, I Quit...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My mother in law quit smoking after about 45 years. If she can do it so can you!! We have been so proud of her. One of the things we told her was that every year when we would have Christmas together we would have to bring our and our son's Christmas gifts home and leave them in the garage for a couple of weeks before bringing them in because they always smelled like smoke. And that, when we let our son stay with her he had a specific duffel bag to take there because anything he took there smelled bad forever. She had never realized these things because she couldn't smell it herself.

You are right, an uncle is usually about the coolest guy a little boy knows! And he's lucky to have you!

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I used a cheap vape for a few days.

Just for those first few days.

You will do it this time.

It will kill you...

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Good luck!! I’ve tried to quit. I’m down from two packs a day to a half pack a day. For some reason I’m having a very hard time kicking it.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I did cold turkey several times. It sucks so bad that I convinced myself that I would never go through it again. That has kept me from smoking.

Good luck, stay strong, and do healthy things. Eating to replace smoking makes you fat. Ask me how I know.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Good for you! I'm doing the exact same thing. Mostly because of my MS.
Also not thrilled about the $9 price tag for a pack at the local corner store. I haven't had a smoke in over a month. And the last time I did was about a week after I decided to stop and it may have been one of the most foul things I've ever put to my lips. Good luck! I'll be rootin' for ya right along with my husband! (he's having a bit of a tougher time with it, but he'll get it.)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I'm going to go the salt nic lung douching route. I managed to quit for a few months before with it, but at the time I was working at a place where everyone I worked with smoked while working, making it not so easy. This time, I'm in a different situation with less temptation constantly around me so I'm hoping I can keep at it and not just get addicted to the vape. Though, I hate all the sweet candy flavours so that helps.

Ummmmmmm... you think a 1 yr old will be able to tell the difference between vaping and smoking tobacco?

Are you under the delusion that vaping is safe? It isn't, some even believe it is worse than smoking tobacco.

Just quit. Period. Cold turkey. It is the only way.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well, after a few weeks now discreetly using a vape out of view of him, convincing my sister and brother in law to join me in quitting, and haven't once since i've started using it watched him stare at me fascinated gaping the way he did smoking...

There's a big difference between taking a quick puff outta sight off a vape to sitting there standing around together smoking some cigarettes.

Haven't smoked since the day I made this thread. Barely use the vape stuff. Been a month, still on the same bottle of juice. Went with this flavour called darts.

My lungs have been good, don't wake up hacking and choking, haven't seen my nephew staring fascinated at me once.

It's been good #. My nicotine consumption has drastically dropped and decreases every day.

a reply to: Slinki

Also not thrilled about the $9 price tag for a pack at the local corner store. 

Lol...try paying $35 for two packs like they charge here...
edit on 31/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
My lungs have been good, don't wake up hacking and choking, haven't seen my nephew staring fascinated at me once.

It's been good #. My nicotine consumption has drastically dropped and decreases every day.

Well, just be aware, depending on what it is your vaping, some of those things are far more toxic than cigarettes.

There are still serious questions about the safety of vaping.

In my opinion (as a 34 yr recovered drug addict/smoker), you're just swapping one known unhealthy addiction for another almost certainly unhealthy one, but, we all make our own beds...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well, just be aware, depending on what it is your vaping, some of those things are far more toxic than cigarettes.

I don't doubt it. But, the amount of these chemicals I'm inhaling is far less. It's a difference between sitting there for 5 minutes or so inhaling burning smoke every time I had a cigarette to inhaling a small puff of vaporized nicotine vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol and some flavouring.

one known unhealthy addiction for another almost certainly unhealthy one, but, we all make our own beds...

It's exactly the same addiction. It's nicotine either way.

I always try to weigh the benefits and downsides to things I do. I don't think using the vape is something I should do long term, I do think at the moment though, it is better than what I was doing before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join