It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Fairy Goverment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Remember some time ago I made a thread about a "Gnome Home" in the forest that I found here in NJ ? I also made a video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, today I got an article asking people to do not built more "Fairy Doors". Yep, treehuggers don't like Gnomes and Fairies. It doesn't make sense at all right ?

The first time my children ever encountered a fairy door along a hiking trail, they were enchanted. Tucked into the bottom of a tree with space between its arched roots, the tiny rounded door suggested a secret world—one inhabited by fairies and other magical beings.

It seems like these doors got very popular in Canada and England too. Nothing wrong with adding a bit more of magic to the forest, according to me. Today you can even buy these doors in Amazon !

Over the past year and a half, there has been a noticeable increase in the number of fairy doors popping up along urban trails. These are installed by whimsical individuals who believe they add an element of fun and curiosity to an otherwise ordinary walk, but not everyone shares this view.

They said this is hurting the forest and you may need a permit to build one, like when you build a real house. See what happened in Ontario :

The city of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, put out a directive on social media in May, asking people to stop drilling into trees, as it makes them susceptible to pests and diseases. Dave Beaton, Guelph’s program manager for forestry and sustainable landscapes, told Maclean's magazine the city "needed to press pause... Trees are under increasing stress with climate change and invasive species. We want to reduce the impact on our stressed trees."

People in that area replied to the city officials :

People were not happy. They accused the city of being anti-fairy (Beaton assures it is not) and struggled to understand how city officials couldn't find the doors delightful. Maclean's cited one Guelph dad who was responsible for installing a bunch of them. He said, "You’re overhearing people walking down the trail and discovering them, and the giggles that would come out of the kids’ mouths put a smile on your face. It was addictive."

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It is not good for the trees to have holes drilled in them then putting wood over them. The sap heals the tree, those fairy doors could possibly cause harm to the trees they are attached to. If you drill a hole into a tree, it does heal if the sap is allowed to seal everything up. It would not matter if a few doors were put on but if people got carried away and did lots of trees, that would not be good. People never get carried away though

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That’s not true the military is very pro fairy but these doors don’t add anything in my view and are in the same realm as litter.
Sometimes people just don’t want to share in the fantasy of others and this is a perfect case.
a reply to: Trueman

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh here I was thinking this would be a thread about Iran.

My bad; move along.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From my groundwork days, if I remember correctly it was about a £10,000 fine for hitting a tree root, of size

I’m not sure what the fine is for making a fairy door but I’d bet it was significant

On the other hand my children would love these, and for sure I could see them being very enchanting and magical

Thanks for sharing I shall show them this video tomorrow 😂
edit on 5-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
But, but maple syrup...

They need to chill out. The national parks service, U.S. Forest Service, BLM, etc. nails all kinds of markers and sign to trees for all kinds of reasons. I'm sure Canadadian entities do the same things. Trees are quite resilient to a couple of tiny nails or screws so long as they aren't copper. Be respectful and keep it to natural materials.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Yeah but us lowly serphs don't know what we're doing. Face it we don't have the intelligence or training to do what government does which is why we need them to make all of our decisions and tell us what's right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You can always go deep in the woods and pack in the gear you need to set up a fairy garden. Get the GPS coordinates, leave a hidden log to sign and register it as a geocache if you like and want others to see it on purpose rather than just random chance.

I have wanted to do several different ones like a tribute to The Goonies with a One Eye Willy and the log being in the eye socket with the eyepatch.
edit on 5-8-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Yep, treehuggers don't like Gnomes and Fairies. It doesn't make sense at all right ?

I can't tell if you're sarcastic but it makes sense to me. If you believe the tree has rights and feelings, making a wound in it is morally wrong. These "treehuggers", as you call them, would logically not want these doors made. They hurt the tree to be made and cause a permanently vulnerable area. Trees are durable, sure; so are people. Any person who has had a piece of them cut out of them can tell you how it feels years later. Equate this to trees to see it from the "treehuggers" perspective.

originally posted by: Trueman
Nothing wrong with adding a bit more of magic to the forest, according to me.

Well there is according to your source you cite where officials are asking people to stop drilling trees because it makes them susceptible to disease. I suppose this "magic" is akin to santa since these are also lies if these parents are telling their children these are authentic proof of the fairy world or something. Adding a bit of "magic" in this case is adding a bit of deception and teaching ignorance.

The "people" the source says accuses the officials of being "anti-fairy" are obviously reversing blame. I hope they are a small group because their accusation is illogical. The officials are pro tree, not anti-fairy. People made these doors, it has nothing to do with fairies.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
In Davidson,NC once lived a man named Tom Clark. He created little statuettes of Knomes. They were very popular in the 70’s and 80’s. Mr Clark had a huge house on probably about 10+acres. Mr Clark made many$$$ selling his knomes world wide. Anyway he built his own little knome world on his property. Everything imaginable from houses to whole towns. He’d let people come and walk around. It was pretty cool.
Some people loved it, other people hated it.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Faeries are much smarter than that. They know that covering their entrance hole with an actual door would be almost as bad as a neon sign with an arrow on it pointing out their location. They prefer their privacy.

top topics

join