It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those that cling to masks and fauci

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok, I wear a mask were it's required. It's called respect for the owner, business, or person.

But cling. NO. I'd love to get rid of the mask, but right now, I'm required to wear them where my local store or place of business requires. So I do. In my house, no mask. Where I work, no mask, and outside, no mask.

Cling to Fauci? He's a man who spent his life studying pandemics and viruses. So, I'm sorry, but if I'd rather take my medical advice from him rather than say, Tucker Carlson, or DeSantis, I hope you can understand why. But I don't get my medical advice from any of those people. Who would? I reserve that for my doctor. I assume he knows me and my body best. That's where you should get your medical advice.

Cling to masks and Fauci? What a silly thing to say.

But religion, that really is something people cling to. Guns, yup. And there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The connection is the left has always accused the right of clinging to guns and the Bible to save them while implying they cannot do that.

The OP is surmising that the left now faced with what they believe to be a life threatening situation is clinging to Fauci as if he is the only word or authority on the subject and that mask are like guns, the one thing standing between life and death.

I feel you already know this but just want to be contrary. Perhaps you would prefer it as Mask and Vaccine ?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I can't put hope in Fauci as has already admitted to outright lying so he could give people what they wanted to know. I don't trust him as he has be so wishy washey since the whole beginning.

Sadly he was trying to play with the politicians and helped politicized the entire thing. And he was knee deep with the Wuhan lab, rightly or wrongly but it sure seemed he tried awfully hard to hide that fact.

You can trust him but today he is already talking about the worst is yet to come with new variants of the virus. They haven't figured out with any accuracy to test for the first variant much less the delta and now lambda variant.

It almost like he knows exactly what's coming because of the gain of function research his office financed. You can trust him but I trust my Doctor who at least tells the truth and the whole truth and not what the politicians want to tell me

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Reality2021

The connection is the left has always accused the right of clinging to guns and the Bible to save them while implying they cannot do that.

That's a long walk. There are plenty of Bible believing, 2nd Amendment respecting people that are Democrats/left of center. When Obama said it, he caught flak from both sides.

Guns are viable. The Bible is a beloved book. But the OP thinks masks aren't viable and that Fauci isn't worthy of being thought of as the beloved good doctor. While anything can be taken to extremes, Democrats/left of center-ists don't think that guns aren't viable and Bibles aren't beloved.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Masks are guns.

There is only one Fauci. And you can have scary black masks and wear them 3-4 at a time for assault style masking. Some carry their masks in separate bags like the military does their masks. And most maskers are of the “cold, dead hands” type.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Of course your right. It was easier to paint each side with a broad brush to get to the point. Plenty on the right that don't believe a gun is an answer for them nor are they in church every Sunday and plenty from the left devoted to the Bible and supportive of everyone's rights.

Fauci is not sure about mask himself as he said on March 8th 2020

“there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.”

www.google.com...

He changed his mind due to in my opinion for political reasons not necessarily his medical opinions. He has gone back and forth on a lot of issues, I just don't trust him as many others do not as many others do not.

His emails as early as February revealed his opposition to the public wearing mask as he did not feel them to be effective. When President Trump was repeatedly questioned by the press why no mask recommended, Trump said Dr. Fauci said no to mask.

It created a firestorm rush to prove Trump wrong but video doesn't lie nor emails from him to the CDC officials. However when it appeared he was about to be roasted by the press he came about face and sad he only said no to mask so the public would not buy all the mask up preventing first responders access.

This was disingenuous at best and just a face saving lie at best. His email made no mention this as a concern to the CDC nor in his interviews and we now know it really wasn't a concern since stockpiles were plentiful in the government's control.

Fauci got caught and damaged his own credibility. And numerous studies show mask less effective than they have preached, Sweden avoided mask requirements and lockdowns and have not had as severe an outbreak as other areas that did both. Fauci is a publicity hound who will change whichever the wind blows if it means his picture on a magazine cover

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
At this point, how is that any different than Guns and the Bible?

So this is the new, new? Trust in government that funded gain of function? And treat everyone like an infection?

Do you know masks were a thing before COVID? Not necessarily in the US but in many Asian and Middle East countries when they were fighting previous regional epidemic outbreaks, it might work or not for Covid but is people want to wear it how does that affects you?

Should government be doing mask mandates? That should be left to the individual states and if you happen to live in a state that you don’t like the rules the vote the mayor or Governor out of office or move somewhere else, simple.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Reality2021

Not trying to defend Fauci's flip flopping on masks, but I think his public stance was due to the mask and personal protection wear shortage at the time, and wanted to make sure 1st responders and health care providers had all the masks and gloves, etc., they'd need. But he did downplay the efficacy of masks in early 2020. He sure did.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join