It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help or 'get out of the way.' Biden criticizes Texas and Florida over COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As the battle lines for the 2022 election cycle begin to be drawn the Biden administration is becoming more aggressive in calling out Republicans to blame them for enabling covid cases in deaths in Republican states around the country.

For now the Biden Administration are stoping short of blaming deaths on directly on these Republicans; but we are still earlier in the election season.

Help or 'get out of the way.' Biden criticizes governors in Texas and Florida over handling of COVID-19

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden expressed frustration with Republican governors who are blocking local businesses and schools from implementing coronavirus mask and vaccine mandates as the highly contagious delta variant continues to overwhelm states across the country.

"Some governors aren’t willing to do the right things to make this happen. I say to these governors, please help. If you aren't going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.

Asked if Abbott and DeSantis are personally making decisions that are hurting their own citizens, Biden said that it was clear to him and most of the medical experts that their decisions are "bad health policy." 

"The guidelines are pretty clear as it relates to the benefit of vaccination, as it relates to the benefit of masking for communities that are not vaccinated," she said. “If you’re not going to be part of the solution, if you’re not going to be part of saving people’s lives, then get out of the way and let other people do the job."

www.statesman.com...

The biggest problem I have with this rhetoric comes when I give the president the benefit of the doubt that his opinions are correct on the matter.

Let's assume these Republican governors and states do need to be brought into the fold in order to save lives and beat the pandemic... how is it productive to so publicly and politically attack them? Such bad leadership from the Biden administration will have the exact opposite outcome then the stated goal. And the Biden administration is smart enough to know this. The Biden administration is willing to make more people sick just to score political points; its a bit disgusting.

edit on 5-8-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I will Stand in Your Way!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Meanwhile, the Biden administration is releasing thousands of China Virus positive illegals inside the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Feds admitted they have released (at least) 7000 migrants that have the RonaVirus into TX and maybe FL and other States since Feb.

Now go figure it out 😃

Travel bans except for illegal migration apparently.

Somebody explain ???? 😃

Total Clusterf#k government since Jan20th 😃😃😃

Who's Happy today !!

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

You quote something without a link !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😃😃😃😃

Just the same there's no proof anything preventative has ever worked anyway 😃😃

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Meanwhile, the Biden administration is releasing thousands of China Virus positive illegals inside the US.

Ted Cruz Calls Biden's Election COVID 'Superspreader Event' Over Immigration Policy

Texas Senator Ted Cruz is speaking out regarding President Joe Biden's recent comments regarding GOP governors and their handling of COVID-19, saying the president is ignoring the COVID threat from people crossing the Mexican border.

"There's a Yiddish word called chutzpah," said Cruz. "And I think Joe Biden is embodying that word right now."

"We just had news breaking today that in the last several months, the Biden administration has released over 7,000 illegal aliens who were COVID positive just in one Texas city, in the city of McAllen, in the Rio Grande Valley," Cruz said.

"Joe Biden likes to talk about this pandemic, well I'll tell you what, the election of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris was a super spreader event because their open border is endangering not just the people of Texas but people all across the country," Cruz said.

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😃😃😃😃

Fixed

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
As the battle lines for the 2022 election cycle begin to be drawn the Biden administration is becoming more aggressive in calling out Republicans to blame them for enabling covid cases in deaths in Republican states around the country.

For now the Biden Administration are stoping short of blaming deaths on directly on these Republicans; but we are still earlier in the election season.

Help or 'get out of the way.' Biden criticizes governors in Texas and Florida over handling of COVID-19

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden expressed frustration with Republican governors who are blocking local businesses and schools from implementing coronavirus mask and vaccine mandates as the highly contagious delta variant continues to overwhelm states across the country.

"Some governors aren’t willing to do the right things to make this happen. I say to these governors, please help. If you aren't going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.

Asked if Abbott and DeSantis are personally making decisions that are hurting their own citizens, Biden said that it was clear to him and most of the medical experts that their decisions are "bad health policy." 

"The guidelines are pretty clear as it relates to the benefit of vaccination, as it relates to the benefit of masking for communities that are not vaccinated," she said. “If you’re not going to be part of the solution, if you’re not going to be part of saving people’s lives, then get out of the way and let other people do the job."

www.statesman.com...

The biggest problem I have with this rhetoric comes when I give the president the benefit of the doubt that his opinions are correct on the matter.

Let's assume these Republican governors and states do need to be brought into the fold in order to save lives and beat the pandemic... how is it productive to so publicly and politically attack them? Such bad leadership from the Biden administration will have the exact opposite outcome then the stated goal. And the Biden administration is smart enough to know this. The Biden administration is willing to make more people sick just to score political points; its a bit disgusting.

Republican Governors should do what ever they want when it comes to their state. People voted for them and can either vote them out and move to another state they like best.
edit on 5-8-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Feds admitted they have released (at least) 7000 migrants that have the RonaVirus into TX and maybe FL and other States since Feb.

Now go figure it out 😃

Somebody explain ???? 😃

Who's Happy today !!

See how that works?

Biden administration releases thousands of China Virus positive illegals into Texas and Florida...then criticizes Texas and Florida for spreading China Virus.
edit on 5-8-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

..in Red states.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: IAMTAT

..in Red states.

But it's not about political issues !!!!!!😃

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Now go figure it out 😃

Somebody explain ???? 😃

Who's Happy today !!

See how that works?

Biden administration releases thousands of China Virus positive illegals into Texas and Florida...than criticizes Texas and Florida for spreading China Virus.

Typical PR ass backwards reverse propaganda designed to decorate even the most unlevel wall 😃

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

😃😃😃😃

Fixed

Thanks 😎

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It's not disgusting in the slightest, it shows strong leadership. He's being a president and doing what a president does. Leading from the front.

It's a time of national crisis when everybody should be pulling together, and yet here we are with states doing the exact opposite.

Look at it this way, if it were 2020 and the governor of New York were putting politics before people and was letting Covid run rampant through his state, what would Trump have done?

Would Trump have sat by on the sidelines and watched America burn, because he was afraid of confrontation, or would he have stood up and banged his shoe on the table like a gavel and demanded that the governor get his house in order?
edit on 5-8-2021 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Now go figure it out 😃

Somebody explain ???? 😃

Who's Happy today !!

See how that works?

Biden administration releases thousands of China Virus positive illegals into Texas and Florida...than criticizes Texas and Florida for spreading China Virus.

Typical PR ass backwards reverse propaganda designed to decorate even the most unlevel wall 😃

Source please?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Now go figure it out 😃

Somebody explain ???? 😃

Who's Happy today !!

See how that works?

How Machiavellian

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They are all getting dumped in Red states illegally and unvaccinated yet the Red states get slammed for covid......meh.

Peasants have revolted over much less historically like not being able to sell their wares in town guilds. This will not end well.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yep, Biden is knowingly releasing COVID positive illegals WITH variants into the US

nypost.com...
townhall.com... ing-n2593621

Biden is even busing and flying them
in the middle of the night
to the city of their choice,
without the knowledge or consent of the local governments.

PURPOSELY spreading COVID and its variants all over the US

www.judicialwatch.org...
lidblog.com...

Biden dares to complain COVID is spreading,
of course it is,
HE (or his puppet masters) ARE PURPOSELY spreading it.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
nypost.com...

edit on 8/5/21 by The2Billies because: added links

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I'm glad someone brought it up. It wasn't long ago everyone on ATS was saying that the President butting heads with state leaders was the sign of an alpha male and a strong leader.

Funny how quickly that tune has changed.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
miami.cbslocal.com...

CBS4 News
ON AIR
Gov. Ron DeSantis Blasts President Joe Biden For Singling Out Florida Over Coronavirus
By CBSMiami.com Team
August 4, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Filed Under:Coronavirus, Local TV, Miami News, Ron DeSantis

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Gov. Ron DeSantis was in Panama City on Wednesday where he addressed yesterday’s comments from President Joe Biden singling out Florida over COVID.

“This is a guy who ran for president saying he was going to, quote, ‘Shut down the virus.’ And what has he done? He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide open southern border. You have hundreds of thousands of people pouring across every month,” he said.

He then touched on schools and businesses.

“If you’re coming after the rights of parents in Florida, I’m standing in your way, I’m not going to let you get away with it. You’re trying to deny kids a proper in person education. I’m going to stand in your way and I’m going to stand up for the kids in Florida. If you’re trying to restrict people impose mandates, if you’re trying to ruin their jobs and their livelihoods and their small business, if you are trying to lock people down, I am standing in your way and I’m standing for the people of Florida. So why don’t you do your job? Why don’t you get this border secure? And until you do that. I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID from you,” he said.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join