It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either we have a Constitution, or we do not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The linked article is not the only place reporting this. Let us imagine you and your bank own some rental property. You make payments every month to the bank for the property so they will not ruin your credit and repo the property. In comes the government and says your renters do not have to pay you the rent money.. Think about that for a moment...

On the otherside of this coin if you were laid off because your business was closed (government mandate or not) and have no money to make the rent payment it is either this government mandated reprieve or you and your family will be on the street or with relatives.. Bad situation all around.

In this video segment listen carefully to what he says. As the Supreme Court and lower courts have determined, the CDC has no legal authority to block the rights of property owners from rental income from their tenants. This is a basic issue in the Constitution about private property rights and the limits of federal government to intervene.

However, think about Joe Biden taking an oath of office “to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” and contrast that oath against these public statements. In his remarks Biden readily admits that all constitutional scholars have advised the White House that a regulatory eviction moratorium will *NOT* pass constitutional scrutiny. He openly admits that….

….Then, in the very next sentence, after admitting any effort to initiate or extend a federal eviction moratorium violates the U.S. Constitution, he says he is intentionally directing federal agencies to trigger unconstitutional legal action in an effort to “buy time” and create a de-facto unlawful eviction moratorium.

In essence:… ‘I know this is unconstitutional; and I know we will lose the constitutional legal argument; but we will do this anyway, because ideology’.

I must say this is the best coherent statement I have ever heard Biden make.

youtu.be...

Tucker's take on this mess
youtu.be...

theconservativetreehouse.com... ng-private-property-ownership/#more-214943

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
"I see things are going well for you, let me construct this crisis for you!" -government

A few moments later!

"We are the only ones who can solve this crisis! We're here to help!" -also government

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hey the rich own a lot of rentals, they are not going to put up with this bs, guns on the streets .

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Truck drivers will go on strike. Food shortages coming very soon.
Remember, truck drivers own rentals, and they are very WELL organized.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If they throw out the constitution and your rights as a landlord, then who is going to protect the squatter's rights (whatever they may be)? The government created a situation putting the landlords outside the protection of the law making them outlaws basically, so why not act like one?

What is stopping them from shutting off the water and electricity to their own property? Or hirng thugs to harass the squatters, shake them down regularly and squeeze any pennies they can get. Rough them up and send them on their way. If the law isn't protecting your rights as a landlord, how can it be protecting theirs as illegal squatters?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
yes, there is a constitution. It is written in a very pretty script. Hand written, which is amazing in its artistry.
Signed by some very self important people a long time ago. It is on display . . . somewhere . . . very important . . . a museum where they keep history.

which is where it belongs . . . it is history

As to property rights . . .
You believe that you bought a house. You picked it out, then went to a bank and borrowed money to buy it,
and entered into an agreement to
pay the bank principal and interest and property taxes and homeowners insurance
for 30 years.

And you believe that you own the property and that you are a free man,

Bless your heart.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The last few years have been witness to a majority of officials and politicians ignoring and totally violating the constitution in so many ways. An obscene amount even.
It can only lead to the destruction of America eventually if it isn't stopped.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The government has no authority to quarantine healthy people.

But they did it and everyone said "Okey dokey".

We have a government based on the most popular marketing trend of the moment which so far is fear of death from the healthcare system.

It is a healthcare dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

On the flip side.

You got laid off because of COVID. You are collecting extended unemployment with extra money on top of it. The CDC says that nothing can be done to you if you don't pay your rent. Cool! Extra money to stay at home. Extra money for new toys. Now the bill comes due August 1st. You cry to the media "Boo Hoo. I'm going to be homeless. The Government has to do something."

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The truly wealthy, as in people like real estate investors, are actually loving this. These companies are going to clean up when all these small time landlords are forced to sell at a discount. Then they can buy the properties on the cheap, turn them into luxury apartments, and mark a fortune off of them.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

As the Supreme Court and lower courts have determined, the CDC has no legal authority to block the rights of property owners from rental income from their tenants. This is a basic issue in the Constitution about private property rights and the limits of federal government to intervene.

I really wish Conservative Treehouse could cite case law for this claim. Just recently the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the eviction moratorium was Constitutional.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

As the Supreme Court and lower courts have determined, the CDC has no legal authority to block the rights of property owners from rental income from their tenants. This is a basic issue in the Constitution about private property rights and the limits of federal government to intervene.

I really wish Conservative Treehouse could cite case law for this claim. Just recently the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the eviction moratorium was Constitutional.

That's not what I read:
NBC News

The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to end the federal government's temporary ban on evictions, which now is scheduled to expire in July.

The high court ruled 5-4. Justice Brett Kavanaugh wrote that he thought the ban was illegal, but he noted that it is scheduled to expire soon.

Kavanaugh wrote in a brief order that he agreed that the CDC exceeded its authority in issuing a nationwide eviction moratorium.

A U.S. district court judge in May ruled that the CDC exceeded its authority, but the judge put his order on hold. The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to lift that hold.

So, they just declined to lift the hold, they didn't rule on it's Constitutionality.

It's clearly unconstitutional, if that counts for anything anymore.
edit on 8/5/2021 by MykeNukem because: linky poo

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Kavanaugh's opinion was not the majority opinion. It was a concurring opinion explaining why he voted as he did.

A broad interpretation of the Public Health Service Act does give the CDC Constitutional authority to enact an eviction moratorium.

So until the Supreme Court gives an actual ruling, there are laws in place that give the CDC authority to issue an eviction moratorium. As such, it's a bit early to call the action unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Can someone on the left explain this to me...

How is it that c19 is so dangerous that the CDC wants to unilaterally issue a moratorium on evictions, yet the current administration won't shut down our borders when we have tens of thousands of migrants coming across and not even being tested for Covid and then subsequently being released into our country?

Please, make it make sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

We do not.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This biggest problem in this country right now is the fact that half of us believe in the Constitution and the other half only believe in the parts that benefit them.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: musicismagic

The truly wealthy, as in people like real estate investors, are actually loving this. These companies are going to clean up when all these small time landlords are forced to sell at a discount. Then they can buy the properties on the cheap, turn them into luxury apartments, and mark a fortune off of them.

I wondered about what I'd do in a situation such as these landlords and I have to admit that if I owned houses and hadn't been able to collect rent or evict the renter, I'd sell the house at a good rate and then find another way to make money. If I was the renter, I don't know what I'd do besides hope each month that I don't get evicted. I know I wouldn't have sat around jobless for long so I doubt I'd have had any issues paying rent anyways. I'm fortunate enough to work in a red city and red state where masks have never really been an issue and my employer never closed.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Can someone on the left explain this to me...

How is it that c19 is so dangerous that the CDC wants to unilaterally issue a moratorium on evictions, yet the current administration won't shut down our borders when we have tens of thousands of migrants coming across and not even being tested for Covid and then subsequently being released into our country?

Please, make it make sense.

I'll add the decision by Louisiana's democrat Governor at the beginning of this week. Mask mandates back into effect on August 4. If the coronavirus is as dangerous as they claim it is, and cases are rising so fast, why do you announce Monday that the mask mandate will be back in effect on Wednesday? If it's really that big of a concern then you'd think the mandate would be effective immediately. There are too many holes and red flags for me to take this as seriously as they want me to.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
With the players involved, We the People get a morning constitutional put upon us each and every day.

As a “land owner” you pay a “yearly rent” known as “property taxes” does the moratorium extend that far? No, it does not. Your rent is due.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The Supreme Court UPHELD the ban on evictions. When it expired, the CDC issued an extension to the ban. The Feds extended the ban so that states could get their act together and issue the money Congress allocated to them to cover unpaid rent.

The money is there. Landlords need to lobby their state legislators, demonstrate, protest, RIOT!, whatever it takes to get them to release that money!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join