It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston mayor declares no vaccine passports in Boston.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, she is the acting mayor so I would imagine she won't be seeking election as the Boston mayor. Nothing but pure common-sense strategy, on her part...

www.wbur.org...

On her reasoning for not creating a vaccination passport

Requiring a passport would have a disproportionate impact on poor communities of color. Rather than going that route, our strategy is to continue to inform and educate and work with community partners who have trusted relationships on the ground, meeting people where they are so that we can get the lifesaving vaccine into people's arms.

On vaccine policy for city workers

Either folks will choose and get vaccinated or they will have regular testing.

We are working with our labor leaders, with our legal department, to make sure that either [vaccination] or testing is part of our protocol in the city of Boston for city employees. It is very important that we protect our workforce and thereby protect the general public.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah right, the law sues for discrimination and segregation will damage any political positions any of this political rats have.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good step, however groups in MA are pushing hard to make vaccines mandatory for schools, eliminating the religious exception. This same bill would also eliminate parental rights over their children related to vaccination. Essentially they could ask the child in school if they want to get vaccinated and if the child says yes, they go ahead with it, with no requirement to even notify parents. It hasn’t passed yet...

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

I wonder if the vaccine makers will included that list with the china virus jabs information.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yeah right, the law sues for discrimination and segregation will damage any political positions any of this political rats have.

In a deep blue city in a deep blue state this is better than most blue cities alternatives. Fewer cities do passports better for the economy overall.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Is too many constitutional issues in the US with the incorporation of any passports, specially when blue states are pushing for no voting IDs.

I find it hilarious.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Is too many constitutional issues in the US with the incorporation of any passports, specially when blue states are pushing for no voting IDs.

I find it hilarious.

It is a huge contradiction isn't it, but that hasn't stopped people from pushing their BS before.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

In a deep blue city in a deep blue state this is better than most blue cities alternatives. Fewer cities do passports better for the economy overall.

I was in Boston for a couple of years back in the 70s, back before everything became so hyper-partisan. I've never been a fan of big cities, but Boston was pretty nice. It seemed relatively clean, wasn't a lot of crime, and the people seemed more intelligent than average. And I spent a lot of time and money in an area called the Combat Zone.

Add to that, the city has a rich Revolutionary War history and I feel that the Spirit of '76 still survives there to at least some degree. So it doesn't surprise me that a city like Boston would have many people that would be resistant to what they may see as an infringement on their liberty.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I was in Boston for a couple of years back in the 70s, back before everything became so hyper-partisan. I've never been a fan of big cities, but Boston was pretty nice. It seemed relatively clean, wasn't a lot of crime, and the people seemed more intelligent than average. And I spent a lot of time and money in an area called the Combat Zone.

Add to that, the city has a rich Revolutionary War history and I feel that the Spirit of '76 still survives there to at least some degree. So it doesn't surprise me that a city like Boston would have many people that would be resistant to what they may see as an infringement on their liberty.

Out of the big northern cities, I've frequented I prefer Boston to New York, Philadelphia,Chicago, and DC.
edit on 4-8-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Out of the big northern cities, I've frequented I prefer Boston to New York, Philadelphia,Chicago, and DC.

Agreed. I have a lot of fond memories of Boston. The other four I just wanted to get in and out with as little human contact as possible. In all five, though, driving was a nightmare.

I should probably get out of this thread before I start reminiscing.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Meh, I don't agree with her reasoning, but I applaud the No Vax-Port stance.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Requiring a passport would have a disproportionate impact on poor communities of color.

Is this that same racist liberal reasoning as with voting ID's..
Are people really still buying that crap?

new topics

top topics

join