It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan eager to join Communist Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hong Kong action movie superstar Jackie Chan, also known as a pro-Beijing politician, has expressed eagerness to join the Chinese Communist Party, its tabloid Global Times reported Monday.

Since 2013, Chan has served as a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, the nation's top advisory body that provides the mainland government with feedback and advice on key policy issues.

Hong Kong action movie star Jackie Chan attends the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on March 10, 2019. (Kyodo)
Chan was quoted by the newspaper as saying at a forum last Thursday in Beijing, "I can see the greatness of" the ruling party and it "will deliver what it

english.kyodonews.net...

Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan eager to join Communist Party

Nice to see how he made his millions in Hollywood and now openly supports the Chinese Communist Party. Look now for him to be a guess speaker on CNN soon. And watch all his re-runs on TV.

I really never was into his movies actually, but whether I liked him or not, I was just open minded since I've enjoyed the martial arts over the years.

I wonder if he has dual citizenship. USA and China/Hong Kong ?

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yay....another Hollywood profile in politics!

Don't expect much from a dude named Jackie....likely will transition to a Chinese Madea (Tyler Perry reference) next....

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The list of people I use to like and now hate with a passion is growing fast.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

He has been an important active propagandist for CCP for at least the last 2 decades as far as the backdrop of his movies has been concerned. I noticed this departure from his early movies.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Next governor of california.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Condolences to him.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I saw that he has a desire to change CCP views and goals.

He apparently isn't trying to join the crew either.

Also, a lot of Chinese are making fun of him, or rather, a lot of the Political elite scoff at him.

These are the Chinese of the 90s anymore, these are very different chinese.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's not surprising, his family is there.

What would you have him do?

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
It's not surprising, his family is there.

What would you have him do?

Speak out and move his family?

He is a pretty big US Hollywood star. I would guess if he went against the CCP he would have a boatload of support in the US and plenty that would help and advocate for him.

But alas.....he hates the Uyghurs.....

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yao Ming seems to be on the same path towards becoming a fully fledged party member.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, exactly how rich do you have to be to embrace communism? Seems a lot of wealthy people (in particular hollywoodians....) tend to extol the virtues of communism once they reach a certain level of affluence....although I've yet to see any one of them offer to redistribute their own wealth.....

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Just out of curiosity, exactly how rich do you have to be to embrace communism?

Rich enough to purchase the politicians that will ensure that the communism doesn't impact you. You will, however, have to publicly argue in favor of being taxed more heavily to placate the middle class who will actually foot the bill while also keeping the lower class pleebs focused on the middle class as the primary reason they're not living high on the hog off the money "redistributed" to them (read: paid to them in exchange for their participation in the Kept Voter pool).

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I saw that he has a desire to change CCP views and goals.

Where and into what?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A rich communist is just a smart businessman without principles.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Agreed, take advantage of the west for self gratification and money.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Jackie Chan has been a shill for the ccp for years..now hes just going full retard

I can't help thinking there is an element of self preservation(maybe stockholm syndrome) going on.
If you are rich and famous in china-you better support the party-otherwise your wealth fame and "freedom" can be easily corrected by the state.

Its happenend to lots of people who may not be thinking correctly.

Its not just china that does this-governments love taking down a rich famous guy-as long as he's not one of their rich famous guys of course.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

China is the second largest film market in the world, with some estimates suggesting it may double in the next few years.

If you're a Chinese actor you can either toe the party line or have your career destroyed. And Hollywood isn't going to help you because they need to keep the CCP happy if they're going to keep raking in those billions of dollars.

Donnie Yen also gives vocal support to mainland China, and as a result he still has work. Meanwhile, Chow Yun-fat publically supported Hong Kong and as a result he's been blacklisted.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This bubbled up a few weeks back, the consensus from the CCP is that they have spoken out against Jackie, citing his bold lifestyle, infedelity and western capitulations as a reason not to allow him in.

Jackie is just a CCP Simp, they dont want him but he has a hard one for them.

top topics

join