It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman's Story Would Be More Powerful and Very Different If Bruce Wayne Was Black

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why don't they just modernize a classic character like Gravedigger?

Ulysses Hazard was born in the early half of the 20th century in Birmingham, Alabama. When he was young he suffered from childhood Polio and spent years struggling to overcome this crippling disease. He pressed himself beyond limits just to walk like a normal human being. With time and perseverance, he conquered these restrictions and trained himself to the peak of physical perfection. He eventually excelled in body-building, athletics and martial arts.

Instead they just want to "wokenize" a classic character instead. This says laziness more than anything. Hey why don't a make a new Black Panther movie with an angry Irishman as Tom Challans or T'Challa for short. Hell I bet I can get Liam Neeson to play him.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Batman works because he's a very well trained martial artist,

Now, see... this would be interesting. I've seen a lot of those blaxploitation movies from the 70s where every black man in any urban setting promptly busted out the Bruce Lee caliber kung fu moves on some group of black street thugs who were packing various implements of Chinese weaponry in downtown NYC/Detroit/LA/Chicago/Etc. A Batman who packs a little pick in his utility belt to pick out his fro when he removes the cowl and who's Batpants are bell bottoms would actually be a highly entertaining and enjoyable take on the superhero genre.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I find the argument of racism and stuff pretty crazy in the US.

i agree 100%, what gets me is the people of color /race that see it and express the same opinion catch all kinds of hell.
then you have the rich and powerful people of color/race spew all kinds of racism , and their praised as equal rights heroes.

there are lots of them in politics, hollywood, music, and sports.

edit on 4-8-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Personally, I think one of the biggest fails was putting Elba in as the Gunslinger....he's a GREAT actor, but not a black person role.

What people don't get is that everyone has a culture...yes, even white people.

Wish we could go back to Mel Brooks movies and all just laugh at eachother....

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Hell I bet I can get Liam Neeson to play him.

I'd hope Neeson plays the role the same as he played Darkman.
www.youtube.com...
Freaking hilarity would ensue.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
They could make a new Wonder Woman with a trans woman demigod.

That would be "Stunning and Brave".

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

and loony tunes

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Nah, these days the only one to cast as "stunning and brave" is Simone Biles.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

What the hell is wrong with you! Laughing at a woke time like this, madness just madness. If you watched a film and didn't feel ashamed and offended at the same time, then you should ask for your money back, then burn the theater down.

Seriously Blazing Saddles or even Young Frankenstein would never get green lite by the studios today. Even those Blazing Saddles does have a black man as both a main character and as a symbol of authority. People would flip out.

If it was funny then, it still is today, but nobody wants to laugh in public. FOR ANY REASON!

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

...no one will be seated when Wonder Woman sees Cheetah challenging her and turns towards the exit, fleeing the conflict and permitting Cheetah to claim rule over Themyscira.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Yeah....it is really odd to me.

Even my black friends think the same.

They are all my age or so....mid 40's.

I really think it's a generational thing and politicians seem to be pushing for folks to hate eachother based on color.

The only people I hate are those that have personally tried to screw me over in my personal life. Business is all good....kill and be killed.

Just doesn't make sense to me or anyone I know.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Don't you mean: "Twisty and Brave".

I wonder if Biles will be the next Batma... Bat-Person... Bat Identifying Person??? whatever. DC Comics ruined themselves by trying to cater to people who will never buy comics. I wish they would go back to the days when Darkside was unbeatable, and Superman was about as powerful as a god. Women wore skimpy outfits, but weren't sluts, and men didn't have to apologize for destroying a town just to stop a bank robber. Nobody cared if batman went down, or even if he was in to Boy Wonder. People just wanted a good story with just enough social commentary to make the comic book world seem real. Now days we live in a comic book reality where we just want everything so messed up that even our fantasy worlds have fallen.

The Spector sleep so that we all may live, but sometimes it would be nice if he woke from his slumber. (Let's see who gets the reference)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I wonder if Biles will be the next Batma... Bat-Person... Bat Identifying Person???

she wouldn't be the first black Batma... Bat-Person... Bat Identifying Person.
the CW is real big on DC superheros, and they've already had a white jewish lesbian bat woman but she died, now it's a black lesbian woman who was a foster child who was kidnapped and went to prision for trying to steal her girlfriends drugs and pissing some cops off.

the best of all diversified world.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Biles would best be cast in the role of a Batman whom the Justice League is depending on in some key role, and then suddenly, Brucette Biles says, "Sorry guys, my head's not in the right place. Peace out!" Right in the middle of the big climactic fight causing the Justice League to lose. Maybe it will be like that moment when Thor muffs the axe throw allowing Thanos to do the snap after all, only much more incredibly wimpy and yet strangely stunning and brave because Brucette is finally acknowledging her struggles with her parents' deaths all those years ago and taking care of her mental health.
edit on 4-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, it's gotten so commonplace now, you can kind of predict all the movies to come by playing match up with established characters and a variety of races and genders. Oh the possibilities! This started a long time ago, though. Does anyone remember HBO's "Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child" series? They took stories and tales from white cultures (like rumplestilkin and Hansel and Gretel) and changed them all to any other race, just so long as it wasn't white. Why take those stories and do that? I think a better show would have been cultural stories from Africa, Mexico, Japan, etc. It's pretty crazy, but whatever.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Christians white washed Jesus.

Dunno why people get so upset about made up stuff..

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Bruce Wayne wouldn't have been a wealthy playboy if her were black.

Remember that segregation was still a thing when batman was first written.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Maybe instead of wailing and riding coattails forever, maybe the people doing all the bitching should come up with their own superhero and leave the existing ones alone. Or in other words, "If you don't like it, make something else that may be better instead."

Simple fix, I know, but it seems far too hard to comprehend and do, for the dense.

(Gasp!!!) You mean be creative?? In this PC age that boat sailed a long time ago, it's much easier to swap characters gender/race then be creative and make something new.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
O for crying out loud ...

more than a few comicbook characters share a similar (and in some cases mirror) storyline .

you have the thing and the hulk
you have shazam and superman
you have batman and ironman.

so you can have a black "batman type" character WITHOUT hijacking or turning bruce wayne black.

the issue isnt they cant.

the issue at the core is they are LAZY AND UNTALENTED enough to write a truly entertaining black "batman type" character, a homosexual character, a female, or any from the SJW agenda list of causes.

they want to just change an established character and think (wrongly alot of the times) they can ride the popularity train of them

look if you have a good backstory and great storyline , you can have almost any type of character you like

but when you write a new one or worse hijack an existing one and with the subtly of a brick to the side of the head to get your SJW agenda across.. your gonna fail and piss off people

that is the true problem

they dont want to write a good character, just force their agenda down our throat's

scrounger

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

It isn't so much that as they refuse to acknowledge that "black", "gay" and the other SJW/PC woke traits are not actually compelling character traits that you can can center a story and character on.

I think it was the actor who played Benjamin Sisko for DS-9 who said it best when he was asked what it was like to play the first black Starfleet captain. He basic said that black wasn't anything you played because it wasn't a character trait, so he didn't play black.

So making characters things like black or gay or anything else and then trying to make the characters "black" or "gay" or the other line-up of woke traits is simply writing the established characters to be caricatures and bad stereotypes. A "whit if" if you would. "Hey, guys, here's Batman if he was a flaming gay!"

The best gay et. al. characters you'll find are the ones who are written to be actual people with those things as incidentals and not the only reason those characters exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join