It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 out of every 100 who get covid, died.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is according to a member here.
I'm not a numbers guy, but that seems wrong to me. So I'll do what works best. I'll make the statement, and see if anyone can prove it wrong or right.
Good luck with the cypherin, and using toes is OK.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Too many asymptomatic cases that are unreported, to determine anything, only way would be mass antibody testing. Only then could any # be counted on. I'm not buying 1%

ETA..that doesn't mean I don't take it seriously
edit on 3-8-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This is according to a member here.
I'm not a numbers guy, but that seems wrong to me. So I'll do what works best. I'll make the statement, and see if anyone can prove it wrong or right.
Good luck with the cypherin, and using toes is OK.

I'll qualify that, the 1.7% CFR is for the USA. The CFR worldwide is just over 2%.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have a 1% chance of pissing my wife off and her stabbing me to death, yet I'm still here.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Nope
Not even close

Like the rep with the twig and berrys

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm still curious to find out the "true" actual death rate for Covid-19 in India, Iran, Russia, China and North Korea --- That's something we'll probably never find out.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Too many asymptomatic cases that are unreported, to determine anything, only way would be mass antibody testing. Only then could any # be counted on. I'm not buying 1%

They can only go on tested positives. Otherwise, it's just guesswork.

Also, in New Zealand, they have been contact tracing and have identified and stopped each outbreak, and haven't observed any fully asymptomatic cases. In the early stages, everyone appears asymptomatic, but usually there are symptoms at some stage, especially if people get an immune response and get over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh no

2% ?!?!?!?

SHUT THE WORLD!!!!!!!

The China virus is officially one of the most harmless viruses in existence then

(even if you’re dumb enough to believe it has a 2% chance of killing you…….which it certainly doesn’t)
edit on 3 8 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Oh no

2% ?!?!?!?

SHUT THE WORLD!!!!!!!

The China virus is officially one of the most harmless viruses in existence then

(even if you’re dumb enough to believe it has a 2% chance of killing you…….which it certainly doesn’t)

You think 2% fatality rate is one of the most harmless viruses in existence, but other people are dumb...

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

One of

Yes

And I’m right

Is it one of the most lethal? Nope

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So what percentage do you claim it is?

It varies greatly by country so go with the US.

Oh no

2% ?!?!?!?

SHUT THE WORLD!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I claim it is less than .6% likely to kill you if you catch it

Maybe .7% at most

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Assuming you mean for the US then 1% is on the high side of estimates but not completely unrealistic.

Here is one giving an IFR of 1%.

www.imperial.ac.uk...

Others have been lower.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Any links to confirm this or it it just a random number you chose to make it sound like it's all a storm in a teacup?

a reply to: Breakthestreak

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you calculate using the numbers at worldometers, the number of infections are around 36M, while you used the entire US population in the calcs in the other thread. That would be the reason for difference. Not that it means one or the other is right.

edit on 3-8-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, it's a very nuanced argument, but technically, if we're comparing ALL claimed, official infections* to ALL claimed, official deaths*, the mortality rate is roughly 1%* (but it does slightly fluctuate from source to source).

But, we all know that COVID really preys on the elderly and those with preventable commorbidities, so to put the mortality rate in proper context, you should only look at the rate associated with your age group or healthiness level. When you do that, the average mortality rate drops dramatically. My age group, according to the California Public Health Department (where I live), has a mortality rate of 0.37% at the moment. If we talk about school-aged children (in the spirit of my last thread), the mortality rate is currently 0.0051% (ages 5-17). Hyperlink to the source...this is the source...click on it to see the information at the source...

Like I said, it's nuanced, and people latch onto the most dramatic number to support their argument.

* It is estimated that asymptomatic infections are vastly underreported (be like 30%) and that there are deaths attributed to COVID-19 that really shouldn't be. In the end, I think that the mortality rate will end up being well less that 1% once the dust settles and we have a better, more accurate understanding of things...and when politics leaves the scene.
edit on 3-8-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   

1 out of every 100 who get covid, died.

Died OF China Virus?...or WITH China Virus?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It is all a storm in a cup

Whatever the ‘offical’ numbers are, are most definitely over inflated

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I claim it is less than .6% likely to kill you if you catch it

Maybe .7% at most

Which could still work out more than 1.5 million deaths before herd imunity is reached in the US.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I just checked and the population of my town is 86,000. There's no way 860 people have died here from covid.

No friggin' way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join