It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 4, know 6 ships lose control in the Gulf of Oman.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So somebody knew something was about to happen. Still weird how fast this played out.

a reply to: putnam6

I can't replay on the app. But thanks for that info. Did the Chinese vessel have a name?
edit on 3-8-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Yes that was one of the first 2 reported

But looks like this ( all 6 ships ) all went within minutes of each other, not hours.

So all the ships were in close proximity of each other correct?

So one ship Asphalt Princess was physically hijacked and the other all lost control at about the same time, Iran says it's not them. If it's an EMP of some type where is it coming from?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What ever it was it had them going in circles. reply to: putnam6

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well they could have been boarded quietly and sabotaged. But even that might be as much as strange not for crew to notice.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It is the Maran Lupus and correction it's Greecian that is heading to China, it came damn close to where the Asphalt Princess was

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not sure if its something to do with this, but there have been a lot of cases of faked AIS positions lately, including entire carrier groups.
edit on 1331642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ok I see it, looks like a standard large crude oil tanker. I know they keep it pretty tight in that area, as to obey not crossing into territorial waters like Iran.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Not sure if its something to do with this, but there have been a lot of cases of faked AIS positions lately, including entire carrier groups.

Noted, thank you. From 2 days ago.
www.engadget.com...

Over 100 warship locations have been faked in one yearSomeone might be trying to stoke tensions.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Bigburgh

The U.S. Army is testing something called "Raytheon's Phaser".

Which is a massive EMP weapon that can shut down an entire drone swarms with a single burst.

But It's essentially a microwave transmitter mounted on a 20foot long shipping container.

Im thinking it might be a little beyond Iran's technological capabilities to create EMP drones powerful enough to immobilise what i assume to be 6 massive ships.

Interesting all the same that they all lose control one after the other in such a short span of time.

An EMP would not have selectively knocked out a ship's ability to steer while sparing its ability to communicate that it was not long "under command".

In fac, a ship's communications system would be even more susceptible to damage from an EMP or microwave weapon considering that it's come system operates through multiple antennas mounted high up on its super structure (to minimize interference), very exposed.

Meanwhile, most of the vessel's power and propulsion controls are encased within the tons of steel comprising the ship itself, almost a floating Faraday cage.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

Noted, thank you. From 2 days ago.
www.engadget.com...

Over 100 warship locations have been faked in one yearSomeone might be trying to stoke tensions.

To me, that stinks of creating false evidence to legitimise an attack ie 'they strayed into our waters'

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

An EMP would not have selectively knocked out a ship's ability to steer while sparing its ability to communicate that it was not long "under command

That was my thought too. But to a point, those ships clearly had power issues. But how?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Seems even Fox News has made/Was top of the list, to kinda hard to find news on this entire incident.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Also, you would think if some kind of an EMP was used the ships would all have lost power at the same time, and not one after the other in succession, considering the EM waves propagate at light speed, unless of course they used 6 EMP weapons.

Still speculation as to one of the vessels being hijacked i think.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
BBC confirms

www.bbc.com...

A Panama-flagged ship has been hijacked by armed men in the Gulf of Oman and ordered to sail to Iran, Lloyds List Maritime Intelligence has confirmed.

The tanker MV Asphalt Princess is heading into the congested approach to the Strait of Hormuz, a statement said.

It is not clear who has seized the ship but analysts says Iranian forces will be suspected.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards dismissed the reports as a pretext for "hostile action" against Tehran.

My question is where did the hijackers come from? is it just random that it is the Asphalt Princess? so many questions...
edit on 3-8-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A Panama-flagged ship has been hijacked by armed men in the Gulf of Oman and ordered to sail to Iran, Lloyds List Maritime Intelligence has confirmed.

Saw that.
Not Suspicious At All.πŸ™„

Good thing that Chinese crude oil tanker had survived a possible hijacking. Un-scathingly.

Good thing Anthony Cuomo has diverted all attention away from this.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Getting interesting

Russia is still pouring hardware into Crimea and eastern Ukraine

Iran keeps humping legs for attention and shortly will get a huge response, but not a war

But the real threat and danger is in the south Chiba sea

Oh and COVID19 is a bio weapon, just waiting for the tip/warhead to be activated

Boy oh boy if WWIII kicks of it’s going to be insanely lethal

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Saw that.

Good thing that Chinese crude oil tanker had survived a possible hijacking. Un-scathingly

Who knows what is up the Jag Pooja? says it's "not under command" what does that mean?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Saw that.

Good thing that Chinese crude oil tanker had survived a possible hijacking. Un-scathingly

Who knows what is up the Jag Pooja? says it's "not under command" what does that mean?

Lol.. and this is why I started this thread. Many many questions. I'm mentally exhausted from jumping app to app looking at who's in the area. This was either Iran realising the sh!t was about to hit the fan after the drone strike, and needed leverage.

Or the most coordinated PIRACY I've ever seen.

Either way it was really effing quick!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join