It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ingenuity is gonna be used to create 3D maps of the planet’s surface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ingenuity is gonna be used to explore areas that a six-wheeled rover cannot reach, as well as to create 3D maps of the planet’s surface and solve other scientific problems. The purpose of the rover’s mission is to try to find traces of possible existence in the distant past of life on Mars.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: james00
Ingenuity is gonna be used to explore areas that a six-wheeled rover cannot reach, as well as to create 3D maps of the planet’s surface and solve other scientific problems. The purpose of the rover’s mission is to try to find traces of possible existence in the distant past of life on Mars.

Id could spend hours going through a 3D map of Mars, let's hope they release a lot to the public

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: james00

Going.....
I believe that is the word you meant to use.
And yes and no about the mission.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I don`t think this map is gonna be rather accurate, detailed and cover whole surface of Mars. I guess this small progress can help scientists to conduct more experiments and explorations.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Such kind of stratagy has already been used on Earth with the help of land observation satellites. It`s an easier more advanced way to make 3d maps of different kinds of areas. Looking forward for the first examples of Mars` maps

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join