It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation Hypothesis hinted at In theology with emphasis on how to upload.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Since I brought up Quantum Mechanics (QM), and since the problem I alluded to concerning the Copenhagen interpretation and the notions that result from this assumption are related to this "simulation hypothesis" (as it is related to all the subjects spoken of in the Sir Roger Penrose video, i.e. the examples I gave of pseudoscience in my previous comment), note the conclusions below from Freeman Dyson to clear up some matters concerning the use of "quantum mechanical language" and "the role of the observer in QM":

1. "statements about the past cannot in general be made in quantum mechanical language...as a general rule, knowledge about the past can only be expressed in classical terms". Lawrence Bragg, joint winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1915, mentioned: "everything in the future is a wave, everything in the past is a particle".

2. "the role of the observer in QM is not to cause an abrupt reduction of the wave packet with the state of the system jumping discontinuously at the instant when it's observed. The picture of the observer interrupting the course of natural events is unnecessary and misleading. What really happens is that the quantum description of an event ceases to be meaningful as the observer changes the point of reference from before the event to after it. We don't need a human observer to make QM work, all we need is a point of reference, to seperate the past from the future, to seperate what has happened from what may happen, to seperate facts from probabilities."

For details and the justifications for the conclusions above, see the video below. Also note the point made at 22:02: "therefore no such wave function can exist" (in relation to what he's talking about there). 21:23 - 23:56, keypoints at 22:05, 22:45 and 23:06 (the introduction may also be of interest especially starting at 0:30 with the keypoints at 2:03 - 3:34 and 5:35 - 6:03):

edit on 6-8-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

To be 💯 I'm actually using the concept of a simulated universe as a sort of metaphor to understand our relationship to God better. The Sims were created in our image, and many times players love their sims and are sad when they die. However a game developer is so much more than a sim in every way, beyond their comprehension.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This would explain a lot. It makes sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The only way to escape the simulation is to resist all logic, and avoid entering the light when you “die”…..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join