It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't sell you anything without a mask....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: AccessDenied

You are aware that Europe is slowly but surely implementing Vaxx passports, and you only have access to public transport if you have one. Should the bus driver let you ride or not because of company policies, can you see where this is going if no one does nothing? The yellow star is here already, but I guess it is justified just for this one time

How do you exempt enablers from being guilty?

One has to stand up wherever and whenever he senses unjust behavior, not doing anything is an act of passively enabling.
You can't justify the behavior, you might find excuses as to why you behave immorally, but it does not make it moral. Being called out should be the norm and expected, not the annoying disturbance.

But I get it we all want to go to work, have no time and our rent to pay. I only sporadically complain about the loss of freedoms and the state of affairs on the internet, while out with the other lemmings I behave like them as to not annoy anyone...

Seriously?

Just because I don't engage in civil disobedience by berating employees does not mean I agree with mask wearing or vaxx passports. I am completely against government control over our health and using it against our freedom in any way. But I choose other means of getting that message across. I could stand on a street corner soapbox and preach till the cows come home, or I can involve myself with groups of like minded individuals who actually have the power to change things and respect the rights and freedoms of individuals in my country. That is the path I have chosen. My province held an election yesterday in which we overwhelmingly tossed to the curb our leader who wanted to implement vaxx passes. These were even people who accepted the vaccine but still drew the line in the sand.
This is the beginning of overthrowing tyranny in my country.
I can convey to people the message I want to get out without humiliation in their place of employment or drawing attention to myself that gives me the unwanted label of "Conspiracy Theorist or Anti-vaxxer" because once you are viewed that way people won't listen to you. Nor did anyone ever learn anything by being yelled at in public.
But to state again...You do you, and I'll do me.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Just because I don't engage in civil disobedience by berating employees...

You're being polite calling that civil disobedience, it's actually acting like an asshole.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just because I don't engage in civil disobedience by berating employees...

You're being polite calling that civil disobedience, it's actually acting like an asshole.

Would you expect anything less from a Canadian?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Would you expect anything less from a Canadian?

No, that's aboot what I'd expect.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I was not berating her in any way, and did not go in there to make a scene. I comply with mask policy if asked and offered a mask, which was not the case. she was going to sell me a mask when she could not sell me anything without a mask...
I could not stand there without pointing out the fallacy, but I guess that is too much heat for some snowflakes.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I was not berating her in any way, and did not go in there to make a scene. I comply with mask policy if asked and offered a mask, which was not the case. she was going to sell me a mask when she could not sell me anything without a mask...
I could not stand there without pointing out the fallacy, but I guess that is too much heat for some snowflakes.

From your opening post.

I know there is a mask mandate everywhere nowadays, but I give two flying craps about the whole thing.
In I went unmasked as I'm used to it already, rarely people bother to ask me to comply anymore.

From your second post.

I don't comply easily, I stayed civil the whole time. if I hadn't had an appointment, I would have gone the extra mile, and got her fired.

Was the store policy ridiculous? Yes it was. But it doesn't change the fact you went in knowing masks were mandated no matter how you feel about it. And for the record being Canadian and called a snowflake I accept as a compliment .

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But it doesn't change the fact you went in knowing masks were mandated, no matter how you feel about it.

Yes, and I don't proactively engage or let myself hinder by rules I find stupid. I shrug them off and go about my business...
People say you can't do something because it is forbidden, it is not true you CAN DO IT, but you are not allowed to.
I guess I'm a very badly educated kid, father state has failed his education, and he can shove his attempts at grounding where the sun never shines...

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Just because I don't engage in civil disobedience by berating employees

I agree, good thing I don't do that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join