It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Idiot has Decided to Punish NFL Teams with Automatic Losses if Too Many Players Have Covid-19.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Monday, August 2, 2021

It doesn't matter if you get vaccinated, wear a mask, or wash your hands. Virtually EVERYONE who has not contracted Covid-19 before now, is equally eligible to contract Covid-19 at any time.

Knowing this, what is the point of the National Football League (NFL) assigning a team an automatic "Loss", simply because too many players on the team have, through no fault of their own, contracted Covid-19?

In a major escalation of pressure on NFL teams to vaccinate as many players as possible before the start of this fall's season, the NFL says that teams will forfeit, and be slapped with a loss, if a game is cancelled because of a COVID-19 outbreak among their unvaccinated players — and neither team's players will be paid.

The new policy, which could potentially affect playoff seedings, was communicated in a 10-page memo to the league's 32 teams that was first reported by Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
Source: www.npr.org...

This ridiculous NFL policy sounds like it was devised by a weak-minded, ill-informed executive, who wants to please Biden and his Chinese Communist Party (CCP) owners/controllers.

Effective with the 2021 season, NFL teams play 18 regular season games. Every Loss is significant!

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I stopped watching way back when they were only playing 16 regular season games.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Given the fact that I'm not a football player, for what reason or in what context should view this news as relevant.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It clearly states in the link that this applies only to outbreaks in unvaccinated team members and then goes on to explain the reasons why.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hey why don't we make it 2-hand touch while we are at it?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If the unvaxxed take a knee or buy some carbon credits can they negate the DQ Loss?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I used to love sports in America, but sadly since they started to cater to stupidity and giving the knee like they were giving the finger to the rest of America I stop watching them completely.

I guess now we got "covid fascism" got to give it to those that think they can push others around like puppets.

In America no so glorious history when tyranny and fascism get their ugly head and the government welcomes it, everybody becomes a tyrant.

Just remember who are those that are cashing out on this.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm sure it matters to someone, but once the NFL went "woke", I tuned out. Much like most sports. If I really want to get good and pissed off, I'll holler at my wife about something I did and let her holler back at me. Same level of enjoyment.

I hope pro sports all becomes just like the WWE. It was already theater, may as well admit how fake and scripted it really is.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If any team cannot play for any reason, isn't that a forfeit and a loss?
Not that I care. I forbade that garbage in my house a couple years ago. Kap was the last straw for me.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
let them burn

self harm is for mentally unstable commies

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: REDMORGAN
If any team cannot play for any reason, isn't that a forfeit and a loss?
Not that I care. I forbade that garbage in my house a couple years ago. Kap was the last straw for me.

One would think, but not the NCAA heh. I forgot the term used, but when a team couldn't play because COVID '84 there was no L. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It clearly states in the link that this applies only to outbreaks in unvaccinated team members and then goes on to explain the reasons why.

Reading? WTF is that overrated crap?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I pretty much stopped watching the NFL regularly when free agency became rampant. You're no longer watching a "team" of players, but rather a corporation with a bunch of selfish and narcissistic employees who pimp themselves out to the highest bidder.

Today, with all the kneeling, SJW's and virtue shaming it has become, well, positively unwatchable and revolting. I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.

I wonder, does anyone know who is going to be playing for 'their' team this year??

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
If the unvaxxed take a knee or buy some carbon credits can they negate the DQ Loss?

They automatically win the Super Bowl if they identify as transgendered.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

NFL = National Fascist League

Just have a look at this NFL "covid fascist" statement:

Teams with outbreaks among unvaccinated players will be at risk of fines. The league will only cover testing costs up to a point, after which clubs are responsible. Outbreaks among vaccinated players or personnel will be treated less harshly.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

To be fair, NFL teams only make billions every year.

It's not like they could afford all that testing and stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story right?

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story right?

Virtue signalers gonna signal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join