It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEWARE Of The Delta But Party On Dude!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ive never been a never vaxer

but when I heard that Trump was going to be coming out with this, and there were so many exemptions for the companies making them and how FAST they were going to be done? I immediately said HELL NO

Its a fair point, and a reasonable fear. Were i a healthy 25 year old, i'd have not gotten the vax either. But my reality is more grim, and I am just trying to make sure i can continue feeding myself, my wife, and my aged mother. Can't do that from a hospital bed.
edit on 8/2/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Then this narcissist azhole decided to throw himself a 60th celebration bash of almost 500 people and 200 staff.

Obama birthday bash this weekend
I'm sure Barry and Michelle will personally confirm that all 700 people attending have been vaxxed. After all, "You can't hang out with us unless your vaccinated." These people are truly beneath contempt.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

“vaccine cards can be downloaded and forged.....easily.”

Where would one find this?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Actually, the vaccine is working exactly as we were initially told: it doesn't keep you from getting it, but it keeps you from getting sicker. Then, later on, some additional information led them to believe that it kept viral load low. But its working exactly like we were initially told. The side effects have a prevalence that is far lower than the hospitalization rate of COVID.

There were a TON of misleading claims going around when this vaccine was introduced, and I have personally asked people if they knew that the vaccine didn't stop them from getting sick and that it was only supposed to reduce symptoms, and most of them are surprised to hear that--they were told that it would protect them from future infections and that they could then resume life as normal.

Some are now pissed that they go it, and I think that such emotion is justified. You and I both know that public perception doesn't always equate to reality, and in this instance, there has been a long-standing perception that the vaccine would stop people from getting sick from COVID...hell, that's what "immunity" properly means, and that word has been used from everyone from Dr. Fauci to the President to family doctors to the media.

It's pretty simple to understand why some people feel like this vaccine has been somewhat of a bait-and-switch. I certainly see it.

I take 2 separate immune suppresants. Im the main bread winner in my family. I can't be sick, but my condition guarantees I will. So on the advise of the treatment team of physicians that consults on my care, I quickly got vaccinated. Were I 25, i likely wouldn't.

Over the weekend i was bit by a fire ant 3 times. I may be in the hospital from that tomorrow, we will see how the swelling does tonight.

I hope that it all works out for you. I have never claimed that people who need to shouldn't get the vaccine, but people who are mostly healthy and have no issues like yours, the "need" for this particular vaccine is rather lacking. Yes for high-risk peeps, no for everyone else. That's just my opinion, which aligns with a few medical professionals that I know (not that it matters).

Best of luck against that fire ant. Those things suck, even for us "normies."

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Actually, the vaccine is working exactly as we were initially told: it doesn't keep you from getting it, but it keeps you from getting sicker. Then, later on, some additional information led them to believe that it kept viral load low. But its working exactly like we were initially told. The side effects have a prevalence that is far lower than the hospitalization rate of COVID.

There were a TON of misleading claims going around when this vaccine was introduced, and I have personally asked people if they knew that the vaccine didn't stop them from getting sick and that it was only supposed to reduce symptoms, and most of them are surprised to hear that--they were told that it would protect them from future infections and that they could then resume life as normal.

OK. But you are using anecdotal evidence extrapolated into a larger situation that isn't supported. The ignorance of the masses has nothing to do with what the original information around the vaccine was. Which is exactly what it is: a method to reduce symptoms if you get sick.

Some are now pissed that they go it, and I think that such emotion is justified. You and I both know that public perception doesn't always equate to reality, and in this instance, there has been a long-standing perception that the vaccine would stop people from getting sick from COVID...hell, that's what "immunity" properly means, and that word has been used from everyone from Dr. Fauci to the President to family doctors to the media.

I do not think it is justified. Caveat emptor is a foundational principle in this nation. If you take something while being ignorant, then its all on you. I can tell you that the vaccines were very clearly touted for what they could do: prevent the worst symptoms. Had these people you know actually done a modicum of due diligence, they would have found that information which was easily available, and still true today.

I take 2 separate immune suppresants. Im the main bread winner in my family. I can't be sick, but my condition guarantees I will. So on the advise of the treatment team of physicians that consults on my care, I quickly got vaccinated. Were I 25, i likely wouldn't.

Over the weekend i was bit by a fire ant 3 times. I may be in the hospital from that tomorrow, we will see how the swelling does tonight.

I hope that it all works out for you. I have never claimed that people who need to shouldn't get the vaccine, but people who are mostly healthy and have no issues like yours, the "need" for this particular vaccine is rather lacking. Yes for high-risk peeps, no for everyone else. That's just my opinion, which aligns with a few medical professionals that I know (not that it matters).

Best of luck against that fire ant. Those things suck, even for us "normies."

Fully agreed. The girl i work with is 24 and has no children. She doesn't want to get it (although it looks like she will so she can make a trip to Antarctica to fullfill some dream she has). I fully support that. Of the 40 some odd folks I work with, 5 of us are vaccinated (that i am certain of...we don't ask, and don't really want to know). I think its crazy for a healthy young person to take it at this point.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Asking for a friend.

Any moron who can use photoshop or adobe illustrator can make you a fake CDC card. Its not like they have watermarks or anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

OK. But you are using anecdotal evidence extrapolated into a larger situation that isn't supported. The ignorance of the masses has nothing to do with what the original information around the vaccine was. Which is exactly what it is: a method to reduce symptoms if you get sick.

Go back to my original comment, and it was citing beliefs based on misleading claims.

When medical authorities and high-ranking politicians claim that someone provides immunity, your average person expects it to fully protect them from getting sick from the virus. I mean, that's the definition of "immunity," so pretending that it doesn't "extrapolate into a large situation" is a rather silly thing to say.

I've dealt with media, marketing, AND attorneys as my jobs since I was 19, and I fully understand how messaging works to imply things without directly stating them. It is very abundant in this vaccine marketing pitch from all sides.

I do not think it is justified. Caveat emptor is a foundational principle in this nation. If you take something while being ignorant, then its all on you. I can tell you that the vaccines were very clearly touted for what they could do: prevent the worst symptoms. Had these people you know actually done a modicum of due diligence, they would have found that information which was easily available, and still true today.

I'm not sure why, but you are ignorning human nature and acting like it shouldn't be a variable in this discussion. You know very well that the dramatic amount of adults in America don't do their due diligence with most things in life. In fact, I would argue that's what Biden and Faudi are banking on, just like with elections. Yes, "buyer beware" is a thing, but you can still be justifiably angry or pissed because people misled you who should not be doing so.

The vaccines may have been "very clearly touted for what they could do" by the makers of the vaccines or in medical circles and obscure interviews and soundbites that are rarely aired, but I'll tell you that the federal government, who has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing for this vaccine, has ignored their legal obligation to ensure that every recipient of an EUA treatment knows exactly what they're getting and what they should expect, both in the effect of the injection and both the full list of known or even suspected side effects. The fact that my anecdotal evidence from people all around the country (via social media) reflects this really should make you realize that it, in fact, is supported in the larger situation. It's not "ignorance" if they trust their sources because they should be able to trust those sources.

I think its crazy for a healthy young person to take it at this point.

We will agree to agree on that point.
edit on 2-8-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
People who are testing positive are asking if the test shows they have the Delta variant.

It turns out covid-19 test results don't say if a person has a variant.

The Delta variant could just be another fictitious over-hype.

I think they are random sampling the positive tests in an area of breakout, and then extrapolating using statistical sampling formulas. But, then, maybe not.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

Ive never been a never vaxer

but when I heard that Trump was going to be coming out with this, and there were so many exemptions for the companies making them and how FAST they were going to be done? I immediately said HELL NO

Its a fair point, and a reasonable fear. Were i a healthy 25 year old, i'd have not gotten the vax either. But my reality is more grim, and I am just trying to make sure i can continue feeding myself, my wife, and my aged mother. Can't do that from a hospital bed.

This is fair enough and I don't blame you. At the end of the day, you really have to do what you feel is best for YOU and YOUR family.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Asking for a friend.

There is a .pdf floating around.
The FBI threatened people if they used it. But it is out there. I have it when it was first put out there, but I don't want to share it since they did threaten to arrest people. Seriously, they did. lol

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Party on! Herd immunity is the way to go

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
People who are testing positive are asking if the test shows they have the Delta variant.

It turns out covid-19 test results don't say if a person has a variant.

The Delta variant could just be another fictitious over-hype.

You just picked up on this?

C'mon CWM you're our only hope.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Do I think folks should be forced? Absolutely not. But when COVID continues to evolve and becomes a more deadly seasonal disease that we have to deal wtih forever more, folks will have to accept that we (as a people) allowed it to grow out of hand and we did not stop it. This isn't criticism of anyone in particular, its a statement of fact.

Why would you automatically assume that viruses will evolve to become more dangerous when evolution theory and real world data shows the opposite? You're basically saying, "I don't believe in taking away free choice... but". There is no but, freedom is freedom even in situations which scare us. Moreover, just look at any nation going through a wave of the delta variant right now, such as the UK or Australia, the data clearly shows a much lower death rate than previous waves.

So why is there all this endless hysteria about the delta variant, yes it seems to spread faster, but it's clearly less lethal, or at least the variant now spreading around is less deadly. There are literally millions of viruses which could evolve to become a far greater threat than Covid-19, we can't live in constant fear of this hypothetical threat that may arise. The most likely thing to cause Covid-19 to evolve into a more deadly virus is our attempts to eradicate it rather than realize we need to live with it and stop this fearmongering before it's too late.
edit on 2/8/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join