It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US and UK green-light Israel to retaliate for deadly Iranian ship attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Kinda surprised this story isn't up here somewhere. This is NOT gonna start WW3, but stories like this normally reside here so I'll indulge the community.

JPost

Apparently over the weekend Iran killed a British national and a Romanian in a drone attack on Israeli shipping. I haven't seen whether it was actually an Israeli ship or whether it was just carrying Israeli cargo. The captain of the ship was a Romanian man, and he was killed in the attack. A security guard, a Brit, was also killed.

Iran and Israel have been attacking each other's ships for years. Iran has been illegally sending weapons to supply terrorist organizations via ship, among other things. Those are legitimate military targets for the Israelis. Iran, being the terrorists that they are (sorry to all the Iran apologists here), respond by attacking civilian ships owned or managed by Israel.

Obviously this is different because a UK citizen was killed. I'm sure the Romanians aren't thrilled either. Romania is a NATO country.

There are some reports that the US and UK gave Israel the go-ahead to retaliate. Iran has warned against that. Israel has a new government, so who knows how they will react. They may take this opportunity to show how tough they are, or they might fold. Whatever, happens, I hope the US isn't drawn into it. I support Israel, but we just don't need this right now.

Personally I think Israel and the Arab countries in the region should form a coalition against Iran. Everyone is sick of them, except for Syria, and Iraq, which is practically an Iranian province at this point.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Any kind of retaliation will be minimal, things will get spicy for a bit then back to usual. 6-12 months from now, there will be another similar incident and they cycle will repeat.

Foreign policy should change to break the cycle.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Personally I think Israel and the Arab countries in the region should form a coalition against Iran. Everyone is sick of them, except for Syria, and Iraq, which is practically an Iranian province at this point.

there was a guy who felt the same way. IN fact, he started on that project and had some success.
www.state.gov...

But he was a "mean tweeter" and had to go.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No Iranian ever harmed me. I'm more in fear of the UK government and the US Government.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Indeed. Both governments and the actions they take are exhibiting extreme psychopathic tendencies. Ah well, whaddya do? Vote for the next guy and hope for the best?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So we should just wait for the Iranian government to harm you personally before anything should be done about the matter?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Since when do Israel need permission to retaliate, they've been provoking Iran for years and they were never going to stop doing that, regardless of who got killed. It's exactly the same with their regular murderous rampages into Syria

originally posted by: Mark08
So we should just wait for the Iranian government to harm you personally before anything should be done about the matter?

That's a good one, please explain why and how Iran would want to do that, the anger of Iran is rightfully directed at the US for their usual bullying tactics of sanctions and Israel for their constant covert operations of sabotage in the country.
edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
Foreign policy should change to break the cycle.

Whose foreign policy?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Show me on the puppet where the Iranian government ever harmed you?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Since when do Israel need permission to retaliate, they've been provoking Iran for years and they were never going to stop doing that, regardless of who got killed. It's exactly the same with their regular murderous rampages into Syria

That's a good one, please explain why and how Iran would want to do that, the anger of Iran is rightfully directed at the US for their usual bullying tactics of sanctions and Israel for their constant covert operations of sabotage in the country.

So much intense ignorance in one post .
Unbelievable.
Perhaps you should learn a bit of history for that region .
No , not the history your neighbor tells you .

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I can show you on the puppet where where my foot is going to go up your @$$

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

So much intense ignorance in one post .
Unbelievable.
Perhaps you should learn a bit of history for that region .
No , not the history your neighbor tells you .

Or the situation as your government tells you

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I can show you on the puppet where where my foot is going to go up your @$$

I don't think you understand how things work in Puppet Land, thanks for playing though!

edit on 2/8/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: Quoted

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Israel have a long history of provocation and retaliation they've never needed green light before so I doubt they need one now.
Israel will do what it wants because .... Israel !

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Israel have a long history of provocation and retaliation they've never needed green light before so I doubt they need one now.
Israel will do what it wants because .... Israel !

So all those threats and attacks on Israel have been simply erased from the minds of brainwashed democrats?

So can call Israel provocateur?

Nonsense.

Think we didn't notice?

Still trying to convince someone that democrats aren't 100% brainwashed?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

So all those threats and attacks on Israel have been simply erased from the minds of brainwashed democrats?

Why is it that anybody who disagrees with you people is automatically a Democrat , shallow thinking.

So can call Israel provocateur?

Yeah , they provoked the last short conflict ... naughty Bibi.
edit on 2-8-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow I just can't believe all the Conflict at the moment ,I mean People Rebelling on Mass ,And then somebody starts a war "Never " god sure works in mysterious ways

🖖🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🙊🙉🙈

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Good thing some charitable soul erected Guidstones so that the "Lucky " Survivors will have the know how to Rebuild from scratch ,I commend such forward thinking
Modern technologies and Curiosity always get us in the most unpleasant of predicament,

I mean we wouldn't want a Super Advanced Culture who have moved on from silly notions like unnecessary wealth and Science for Profit ,to make us forget our roots

METAPHoricaaaaaaaly Shpeakin
edit on 2-8-2021 by FREEMINDSOFMAN because: Some mans dunt Metafore bluddd

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's incredible how progressives think they hate Nazis, yet they'll jump right in bed with the far right when it comes to hating those pesky Jews.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Except your confusing Who ,Hates Whooooooooooo , I feel Any Society/Cult or Owned Collective ,Actively Persecuting /Hating on Others through Religious/Occult beliefs, should be Banned from Dining in At Costa /Sacked from their jobs /Banned from seeing their granny's one last time before they are Euthanized in order to Build Back Stupid, Um I mean better

top topics

<<   2 >>

join