It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can blow a massive holes in the "must wear masks" montra

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Wearing a mask WILL raise your blood CO2 levels which is not good for you, but possibly isn't that harmful if its just a little. So wear your masks loosely if you do wear them. Yeah, they won't protect you from Covid but they won't protect you anyway, according to the science.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Anyone with half a brain knows the masks are for social conditioning, the rest are just brainwashed window lickers.

And pro maskers say the same about us, so it goes.

No one side will convince the other.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

As long as the virus is out there and can overwhelm the hospitals I’d think that every measure of protection is a good thing.

A family member is a nurse and sees Covid patients on a daily basis. Most of them are not vaccinated. I don’t know if they also refused to wear a mask.

When your health gets that bad and you end up in the hospital everybody regrets not getting the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

Wearing a mask WILL raise your blood CO2 levels which is not good for you, but possibly isn't that harmful if its just a little. So wear your masks loosely if you do wear them. Yeah, they won't protect you from Covid but they won't protect you anyway, according to the science.

Please show the “science” that says masks don’t diminish the spread of the virus.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

originally posted by: Dutchowl

Please show the “science” that says masks don’t diminish the spread of the virus.

People that properly wore a sealing mask like an N-95, and properly disposed of, probably Yes.

People that wore cheap a$$ masks that didn’t seal, and were so effective they got told to double mask. No. Like saying a hand sponge dipped in the ocean soaked up enough water to cause the water level to drop.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally po

Nothing you have written shows that masks don't help prevent the spread. I have provided a link showing evidence they do.

Again something doesn't need to be 100% effective on order to reduce the spread.

Yes i have o denying one

NOT MEDICIALLY CERTIFIED.

Or as now on boxes from japan and even some in US

WILL NOT PROTECT YOU FROM COVID (OR SOME SAY VIRUSES)

Im sorry but id doesnt get anymore clear than that.

just because YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT does not make your claims so.

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

It's a strawman arguement. Just because something isn't medically certified doesn't mean it doesn't work. Studies show N98 masks offer superior protection ot other medically certified masks like N95.

My degree is in Applied Maths. The whole point of Meta analysis and scientific studies use statistical analysis and design to seperate corellation and causation with established methods. There's well established thresholds and analytical techniques used in science to ensure the result is accurate. SPSS is the most commonly used software to conduct this analysis.

There were a couple of mask efficacy studies in China (Zhao et all IIRC) that were the most poorly designed scientific studies I've ever read, the stats analysis broke dozens of rules and the conclusions had no credibility due to huge environmental factors and variables that were ignored.

The rest were high quality studies using correct methods and stats - meta-analysis of the shows the p-values and conidence rate are well below the 0.05 threshold that proves statistical signiicance.

Surgical masks don't provide 100% protection - I generally go off the results of high quality science as I can analyse it myself for error rather than i a regulatory body has endorsed it as regulators have a tendency to be corrupt.

---

I'm in the UK and haven't worn a mask apart from Dr visits for the last month or so - I think the recent US mandate is stupid as masks are so unpopular in the US and far less intrusive methods like sanitising hands when entering shops are far more effective and I think far more people would follow that.

if you are a mathematician then you know that its not the numbers, but a HIGH ENOUGH positives over negatives for anything to be certified

they dont give one just because it CAN show , might show, or in a few (relative) cases show it is effective... that it DOES SHOW in overwhelming number of times that it does...

Again NOT ONE of those "EXPERTS" in the "Studies" are putting their legal necks on the line to certify the masks

until they do your just playing numbers games that in COURT OF LAW and medical certifications dont rise to the PROOF you need they work.

HELL as i AGAIN repeat look at the simpsons example i presented...
that "rock" can claim it protects against tigers since you dont see any tigers in the area do you?
i know you could carry a rock in tiger country and unless you run across a tiger you COULD claim it worked..
but see a tiger and guess what happens

i also present do you want any safety, medical device or even a bungee cord at a fair used on you based on a "study" or certification?

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeOrigin

Let that ego go for a second, player. It's not about you. Its about protecting others from your expiration. It's a courtesy to your neighbor. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Basically, you be you. Do your thing. I've got nothing but love, even though I don't understand you at all. We can only control ourselves and our response to others.

sigh
AGAIN WHICH PART OF THE WARNING ON BOXES IT WONT PROTECT YOU FROM COVID OR VIRUSES DID YOU MISS

it means it wont protect you OR YOUR NEIGHBOR, grandma, grandpa, child, ect ect ect.

there is no "it wont protect you but protect others" in the certification .

im sorry but your use of "emotion card" is declined due to lack of fact funds.

man the more i think people cant be any more dense , in denial of facts, or can twist logic someone like this person comes along

sadly you used an ALREADY OVERUSED talking point

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

What if they are FDA or NIOSH certified?

(I think I know the answer to this one.)

if they are to VIRUSES then they are
are they n95 ? no
are they the cute cloth masks made? no
if they are and not worn according to protocol... no

but thats not the issue your trying to forward and a very very bad attempt at both diversion and personal attack

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Give it up, everybody knows the text on the box is there for legal reasons.

Someone brought up condoms earlier, guess what, they also say they are not 100% effective on the box. Does that mean they don't do anything?

edit on 4-8-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The primary use of masks is to contain the amount of viral load when you exhale, or sneeze so your fellow citizen is better protected from the virus floating in the air.

It’s a thoughtful thing to do!

Everybody who wants to be informed knows this. Willful ignorance at this point is clearly fueled by your own political agenda.

Shame on you for perpetuating false information and endangering more lives.

sigh

MEDICALLY CERTIFIED AND PROPERLY FOLLOWED PROTOCOL can protect from viruses.

guess you CONTINUE to attempt to downplay that...

im sorry but your emotional attempt card has been declined to overuse and no facts on account

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Give it up, everybody knows the text on the box is there for legal reasons.

Someone brought up condoms earlier, guess what, they also say they are not 100% effective on the box. Does that mean they don't do anything?

sigh
just when I think someone cant go any farther in the deflection and easily disproven WITH FACTS comparison.
someone steps up to the plate.

Have YOU READ the side of a condom box?
its been a while but i still remember (btw you can also look it up on line).
it states WHEN PROPERLY WORN ( and how to wear it, dispose of it, ect) the VERY HIGH percentage of pregnancy prevention and infection prevention

NOT ONE EVER STATED THAT WAS SOLD "IS NOT MEDICALLY CERTIFIED to prevent pregnancy ".

NOT ONE..

in fact IF you were going for a direct comparison would be those masks CERTIFED to stop viruses and covid.

but not all masks worn, or even most, fall in this catagory

those that do also have SPECFIC protocol on use that (like condoms) if not followed then dont offer protection.

but if I wanted to go further in your foolishness your chances of getting a disease from an infected person is MUCH HIGHER due to the kind of contact if your condom breaks, not worn properly or at all vs getting covid without a mask.

but that would be piling on showing your assininity

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Salander

As long as the virus is out there and can overwhelm the hospitals I’d think that every measure of protection is a good thing.

most hospitals were NOT OVERWHELMED during the first round... hell even at ground zero claims in NYC the hospital ship sent for that purpose ONLY SAW about 30 people TOTAL.. thats 30 TOTAL NOT ALL AT ONCE. with many other locations with convension centers, hospitals built/refurbished and clearling out all non essential people/proceedures not being used at all. along with almost all comming in at that time (and now) being treated like they are from "the walking dead" infected with full bio hazard protocol.. wasting resources and manpower .

A family member is a nurse and sees Covid patients on a daily basis. Most of them are not vaccinated. I don’t know if they also refused to wear a mask.

first how do you know if they are vaccinated or not? if she is claiming this then she is violating a whole lot of HIPPA laws.. in any case the disease has (except for known medical compromises to which ANY PATHOGEN could send them over the edge and bad luck) a 99.7 or greater survival.. with 80 percent recovering fine not knowing they had it... i could also point out that even the CDC on its website stated that only 6 percent of covid listed deaths were COVID CAUSED/ MAIN FACTOR.. that puts the year and a half death toll of 600,000 at roughly 35,000. about half of average common flu deaths

along with you ADMITTING you DONT KNOW IF THEY WORE A MASK OR NOT that your claim masks are effective moot. bad thing when you torpedo your own argument

When your health gets that bad and you end up in the hospital everybody regrets not getting the vaccine.

"everybody does"? you now speak for EVERYONE... wow when you go arrogant and rediculous claim you dont hold back do you

in short you not only are easily proven ranting you torpedo your own argument...

maybe want to read your post before hitting "replay" next time for content

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
sigh
just when I think someone cant go any farther in the deflection and easily disproven WITH FACTS comparison.
someone steps up to the plate.

You have not disproven anything. You pointed out legalese on a box.

NOT ONE EVER STATED THAT WAS SOLD "IS NOT MEDICALLY CERTIFIED to prevent pregnancy ".

NOT ONE..

I never said someone stated that. I said they brought them up.

Would you rely on a condom 40 percent effective at capturing sperm and preventing passing biological contaminates along like STD’s? When there are better on the market?

But, as you even stated, even the best barrier isn't going to work if not used correctly, the reason for the legalese on the box, which is what causes your argument, "it says it right on the box", to fail.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

i dont care how often you keep saying "legalese" it doesnt make the masks work..

the "legalese" is there to PROTECT PEOPLE and businesses from items that wont do what someone may claim

hence "not certified medically, to protect from virus, protect from covid"

as for "nothing will protect if not worn correctly"

you gloss over it MUST BE CERTIFED TO WORK BEFORE you follow protocol...
if it isnt it WONT by design but maybe by luck.

btw still havent answered if you use any medical device, procedure, drug or even a bungee jump at a fair if it was LISTED AS NOT MEDICALLY CERTIFIED or in case of the fair "certified safe" by someone..

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

i dont care how often you keep saying "legalese" it doesnt make the masks work..

That wasn't my point. I just pointed out that "it says so on the box" is a weak argument because it is there for legal reasons and not because it doesn't do anything.

It doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

btw still havent answered if you use any medical device, procedure, drug or even a bungee jump at a fair if it was LISTED AS NOT MEDICALLY CERTIFIED or in case of the fair "certified safe" by someone..

You didn't ask me that, you asked someone else.

Since you are asking now, I smoke and enjoy a good alcohol buzz pretty regularly. Those two things are certified unsafe.

I also don't always wear a seat-belt and might drive a little above the speed limit at times. Sometimes I will eat food from street vendors in my 3rd world country, not often, but it happens, as well as eating stuff past their expiration dates, so I guess the answer is yes, I engage in activities which are not certified safe.

Your point?

Because, none of that has anything to do with cheap masks reducing the amount of or the distance that exhaled droplets travel, does it?

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

neither does keep spewing "legalese" override if something is MEDICALLY CERTIFIED to prevent or effect something when it isnt
nor when it SPECFICALLY SAYS "wont protect from viruses or covid"

wow you really do believe if you say something enough times it must be true mantra dont you

too bad FACTS , SCIENCE and the law doesnt see it that way..

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That is what I said. The text on the box, what you offered as proof, doesn't prove anything either way.

It just shows that the maker of the product knows there are other factors that come into play and that they are not responsible for them.

The thing is that even a cloth mask does something. Nobody said it is 100%, just that it does something. That is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
That is what I said. The text on the box, what you offered as proof, doesn't prove anything either way.

it doesnt get anymore "proof" or obvious .. you just CHOOSE to keep ignoring it and ranting on

It just shows that the maker of the product knows there are other factors that come into play and that they are not responsible for them.

there are LOTS of other factors for headaches too... but asprin, ibuprophin, tyl, and other medicines are CERTIFIED to work on headaches but with disclamers what could effect effectiveness. condoms are listed as certified to stop pregnency and STD IF you use them correctly and how effective.. ect ect ect.. but the masks CLEARLY STATE not certified to stop / protect from covid or viruses... not "if used as directed" and with the limiting factors... hence why we have cerification ... again CANT GET ANY MORE BLUNT / proof than that...

The thing is that even a cloth mask does something. Nobody said it is 100%, just that it does something. That is all.

does "something"... by what level... i bet if you did a study of how many people didnt do a damn thing and survived covid you advocate doing nothing.. oh wait... THEY HAVE.. its called the survival rate of over 99.8 . that INCLUDES no mask, masks, ect...

but to further show what a fool and troll you are ...

the reason we have certifications and not just "studies" is how you know your getting a effective cancer fighting drug vs a bottle of saline..

how you know when you drink your booze your gonna (unless vulnerable or STUPID) not go blind (ethanol) vs drunk.

BTW if you dont go to mcdonalds you can prevent heart disease, stroke and obesity...
you gonna be cool with banning you from eating fast food because "doing something is better than nothing"?

scrounger

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

does "something"... by what level... i bet if you did a study of how many people didnt do a damn thing and survived covid you advocate doing nothing.. oh wait... THEY HAVE.. its called the survival rate of over 99.8 . that INCLUDES no mask, masks, ect...

Nothing is fine with me. I acknowledge the high survival rate, maybe not 99.8%. I'd say 98.75% but I admit that it could very well be above that.

but to further show what a fool and troll you are ...

the reason we have certifications and not just "studies" is how you know your getting a effective cancer fighting drug vs a bottle of saline..

how you know when you drink your booze your gonna (unless vulnerable or STUPID) not go blind (ethanol) vs drunk.

That doesn't actually prove I am a fool or troll.

The reason I mentioned smoking and drinking is because even with legal certified products being consumed the use of those products have been shown to be detrimental. So, you asked if I would use something that isn't certified safe and I gave two examples of things certified unsafe because it shows an even more extreme answer to your question.

BTW if you dont go to mcdonalds you can prevent heart disease, stroke and obesity...
you gonna be cool with banning you from eating fast food because "doing something is better than nothing"?

I can eat unhealthy at home.

Still none of that changes the fact and science that even a leaky barrier does something.

I'm not advocating mandatory mask use or isolation. I'm saying it is inaccurate to say a leaky mask doesn't block something and, of course, the text printed on a box for legal reasons doesn't quantify how much.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join