It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is The Olympics After All…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Dear Moderators, please move to Rants if necessary.

Normally, as genetically inept male who identifies as “straight” and uses the word “cis” to refer to his equally genetically inept female sibling I should not complain about scantily clad female volleyball players!

Come on! A six foot tall, beautiful, female athlete performing moves like that in hot sand, tanned, happy when the ball goes their way,… what is not to love???!

What we need is a frank discussion about the scantily clad men, huge men, mostly Japanese (but this about their uniform).

When did wrapping a towel around your waist, calling a “mawashi” become acceptable??!!

This is what is really wrong with the Olympics!!! Maybe those who argue that we should do all the events naked are onto something!!

All or nothing! It is the Olympics after all!!!

ETA: Watching Sun v Sui in Women’s Beach Volleyball and thinking about double, different, and the PC cancel culture….
edit on 1-8-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
THAT is whats wrong with the olympics?

not the men competing in womens sporting events?

not the.... well, the whole thing? Not the commercials, not the insane amount of money going into it?
How about the part where they pass out condoms by the truck load because these peak athletes can't help but get their # on?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I don't know about all that but I had the TV on earlier and they were discussing Laurel Hubbard competing.
The people in the studio all said their bit then they cut to a guy somewhere else and asked his opinion.

He said "We'll, I think we have to play with the balls we've got. ..."

I'm afraid I didn't catch the rest of his comments but his opener was enough for me.

He'll realise what he said wrong when he sees the playback.

If he doesn't get fired, that is.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

THAT is what is grabbing all the attention.

If you watch anything other than MSM, even Telemundo, you see more sports, more athletes talking, and just more “other” news.

Japanese, Spanish, English, and you see a different “narrative” other than the “all inclusive, rainbow loving, Toyota buying, insurance bundling” MSM wants you to believe.

And that can be wrapped up in an inane idea about “scantily clad” women…

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You've seen sumo right? Dont' complain about someone built like a sand volleyball player wearing a towel wrapped around his waist. It could be worse.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm currently watching the Men's Hammer Throw, and I am very curious why this guy doesn't shave his left shoulder. Could it be some sort of strategy? I suppose it could be entirely natural, but his right shoulder looks completely clean, whereas his left shoulder looks closer to a bear....

Sukhrob Khodjaev from Uzbekistan

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My husband was watching women's shot and he was wondering why the Chinese women were the only ones who really didn't look like women.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I missed that one, but you've piqued my interest.
I'll try to catch that next time I see it on.

I tried searching for their pictures, and instead found this↓. You may have seen this before, but I had never heard about it. This was 2019. Supposedly, these are all females.

mothership.sg...

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Back in the original Olympics only men were allowed to compete.

There were no tests for hormones and such so they all competed naked.

Then one day Equestrian sports were allowed, they got to wear clothes.

Not only did the sports scene forever change, but Knighthood was invented, along with what would become the Worldwide military salute:

The foot soldier, upon seeing an approaching mounted person in the twilight would reach up to tip his hat:

Knight Ma'am.
I mean Sir.

========
"Are there any women here today?"

edit on 1-8-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Where is Austin Powers when we need him?

Yeah, those faces are very masculine. I suppose they feel like women?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I have a SIMPLE and EASY way to solve/ stop all the BS that not only shown by your OP but all the other olympic OP on ATS (and media)

1. to participate in MALE events you have XY CHROMOSOMES
to participate in FEMALE events you have XX CHROMOSOMES
any other criteria is IRRELIVANT AND NOT CONSIDERED.

2. athletes REPRESENT THEIR COUNTRIES by respecting their anthems and DOING THE EVENTS they signed up for..
any PERSONAL agendas , causes, views, ect are NOT TO BE DISCUSSED, PROTESTED, REPRESENTED (by clothing, taking knees, ect) UNTIL AFTER THE EVENTS AND BACK IN THEIR HOME COUNTRIES. Or in other words, ON YOUR OWN TIME/DIME.

3. remind the athletes and public that the participants were "informed and had to agree to the rules" before they were on their teams... if they broke them IT WAS THEIR FAULT...
not "oh the rules are bull and dont apply to me" like the one kicked out for a positive pot use test..

again being in the olympics is a PRIVILEGE , NOT A RIGHT...
dont like the rules, DONT PARTICIPATE OR TRY OUT..

simple

scrounger

edit on 2-8-2021 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I don't quite understand the mindflow in your post. What do you have against japanese culture and japanese men? Didn't you learn that gender is only social construct, AND that there are 486 different genders simultaneously? (Feminists can have and hold two contradictory claims without seeing any problem in it)

I am not sure you quite understand what 'inept' means.

Inept: without skill or aptitude for a particular task or assignment; maladroit: He is inept at mechanical tasks. She is inept at dealing with people.

Inept doesn't refer to something physical, organic or automatic, like a physical body - it refers to entities, like people, and has to do with skills, aptitudes, and other similar internal, mostly psychological attributes of someone.

A body can't thus be 'inept'.

Why would you equate physical qualities with 'something to love' anyway? Love can exist even where physical bodies do not. What you are REALLY talking about, is lust. Why would a woman become MORE attractive, if she has a BIGGER body? That's not how it works. The more PETITE a woman is, the more feminine she is.

Feminine qualities are: 'womanly curves', 'youth', 'petite body', 'beauty' (of body, face, smile, etc.), 'cuteness' (again, of face, voice, etc.) and so on. 'Tall' doesn't enter it.

I like watching japanese volleyball as much as anyone, but never have I thought the bigger the women are, the more attractive they are. Of course to each their own; I hear some people are even sick enough to fetishize FAT, slobbering blobs that don't even resemble humans in any way, shape or form, but that's beyond the scope of this post. Eww, disgusting.. just thinking of those sweaty swampmonsters is giving me a headache, gag reflex and the desire to scratch my way out of this planet.

new topics

top topics

join