It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's No Vidness Like Covidness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's been nearly a year since all of us veals were welded into our homes while a massive redistribution of wealth took place. The largest companies in the United States only got larger while laying off countless employees and funneling tremendous profits to their shareholders. Normally profit taking would be a good thing, but not when it's due to government-picked winners and losers. Who supplied all this loot to the winners? You did. Small and medium businesses did. Your unborn future generations did.

How bad was it? Walmart saw nearly a 100% increase in profits from 2018 to 2021. Amazon is up 1246%. Read that again and then ask how they can shoot a giant dick into space on his own personal rocket. Costco is up 67%. Kroger is up 205%, screw you farmer's markets. 'Mr. I-Pay-My-Secretary-Less-Than-Me's company, Berkshire Hathaway, is up 213% and they laid off 13,300 slugs in the process. Johnson and Johnson grew 1031%, they're attracting money like they're magnetic. There's plenty more where this came from but I don't want to depress you.

How did all this happen? Fear. Ambivalence. Laziness. And just plain old retardedness. Is there a lesson to be learned? Probably not unless the lesson is: we'll most likely do this again at some point and, other than complaining, nothing will be done.

All of this demonstrates that big business and the government are intimate bedmates. The funny part is they don't have sex, they save the screwing for you.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did they extend the moratorium on evictions yet?

They have to put property owners out of business some how. . . . .

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm on it I'm here what's this about? Was I first?

Damn it DB !

All of this demonstrates that big business and the government are intimate bedmates. The funny part is they don't have sex, they save the screwing for you.

I'm celibate.
edit on 1-8-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I confess.

I'm guilty of this too.

According to eBay I made £217 (before postal costs) in the last 90 days.

I'm painting my rocket gold!

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Did they extend the moratorium on evictions yet?

They have to put property owners out of business some how. . . . .

I should just stop paying my mortgage and get me some moochie bucks.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
I'm painting my rocket gold!

The Bezo's rocket is bigger and is going to Uranus.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

He went up inside a rocket.

I want to see it done the other way round.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thanks to lock-downs, shut-downs. . . . government now controls the means of production.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
He went up inside a rocket.

I want to see it done the other way round.

I just LOL'd for real.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thanks to lock-downs, shut-downs. . . . government now controls the means of production.

You will drink your Brawndo and STFU, you only play Batman on the internet, tough guy.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There it is. you have distilled the covidification into a nice easy to digest packet. The average covidiot in the covideration just refuses to acknowledge that there is a massive amount going on that has nothing to do with health. That as you stated is now a game of government picked winners and losers. The losers finished off by easily manipulated uniformed consumers.

edit on 1-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
More distribution is on the way if they pass that 3.5 trillion spending bill, which will be more than like 5 trillion or more when it Is all said and done.

We're going to run out of trees and ink.

Was replying to Augusta
edit on 1-8-2021 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You will drink your Brawndo and STFU, you only play Batman on the internet, tough guy.

Big talk for a guy with magnets stuck to his arm.

Seriously though, we called this last year. We've been screwed since then.

And on a personal note, I know some of the Hathaway's. The collapse is coming.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How bad was it? Walmart saw nearly a 100% increase in profits from 2018 to 2021. Amazon is up 1246%. Read that again and then ask how they can shoot a giant dick into space on his own personal rocket. Costco is up 67%. Kroger is up 205%, screw you farmer's markets. 'Mr. I-Pay-My-Secretary-Less-Than-Me's company, Berkshire Hathaway, is up 213% and they laid off 13,300 slugs in the process. Johnson and Johnson grew 1031%, they're attracting money like they're magnetic. There's plenty more where this came from but I don't want to depress you.

See, the problem is, if there's one thing i've learned from the Rona, the majority of people are incapable of understanding the scale of numbers larger than around 10000 or so. So, when you point out things like 1031% growth on numbers that were already in the billions, people's brains just shut off and can't comprehend the size of the numbers involved.

This is why for the last year and a half, whenever the media's posted stats that should really make most people shrug, instead they # their pants, piss themselves and start bleating like scared little sheep through their face diapers.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
There it is. you have distilled the covidification into a nice easy to digest packet. The average covidiot in the covideration just refuses to acknowledge that there is a massive amount going on that has nothing to do with health. That as you stated is now a game of government picked winners and losers. The losers finished off by easily manipulated uniformed consumers.

We'll call Augustus, "Nostravirus".

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Thanks Capt Hindsight.

Ready to do it again with Delta?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Also the media that chooses what facts may or may not be.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
The losers finished off by easily manipulated uniformed consumers.

People could stop patronizing most of these corporations but they're too apathetic.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Seriously though, we called this last year. We've been screwed since then.

I told you so! Well, not you, I mean me. Us. Whatever we are.

And on a personal note, I know some of the Hathaway's. The collapse is coming.

The only Hathaway I want to know is Anne.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh,I like that and might steal it for future use,
Augustus Nostravirus.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join