It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Avalanche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Never heard of this movie until tonight, it is currently showing on BBC2 in the UK

it scratches that itch in regards to did they fake the moon landings, its shot as a found footage type movie

I myself believe mankind did accomplish the greatest feat ever and land a man on the moon as surely other nations such as Russia would certainly have lifted the lid on any fake mission

well worth a watch if you have any interest in the subject

Operation Avalanche IMDB

Operation Avalanche Wiki

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In the trailer the OP provided, at just about 0:22, the second voice on the tape begins. Whose voice is it? My wife and I have been binge-watching Star Trek Enterprise, and the voice sounds a LOT like the voice of the character Tripp Tucker, played by the actor Connor Trinneer. Uncanny, really.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I myself believe mankind did accomplish the greatest feat ever and land a man on the moon as surely other nations such as Russia would certainly have lifted the lid on any fake mission
I agree, if it didn't happen, there's no way Russia would have let us get away with saying we won the race. Even if it was just a tiny amount of proof, they would've been all over it.

I'm not sure whether or not this is what 'Operation Avalanche' is about, but I personally tend to like the idea that it actually was faked and created ahead of time as a back-up plan in case the Mission failed, but the Mission succeeded so they didn't need to use the faked footage.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Great find - thanks for tonight's viewing! Not saying that we didn't go, but the visual evidence they show (and how it's been handled since) raises too many questions that shouldn't be necessary in normal circumstances.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
In the trailer the OP provided, at just about 0:22, the second voice on the tape begins. Whose voice is it? My wife and I have been binge-watching Star Trek Enterprise, and the voice sounds a LOT like the voice of the character Tripp Tucker, played by the actor Connor Trinneer. Uncanny, really.

That sounds like Cpt Kirk, William Shatner.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This may look like a joke, but compare this film set to the actual footage and you will be surprised.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's Neil Armstrong and crew in near Earth orbit, using a window, a darkened cabin, and later a piece of paper, to fake being half way to the Moon.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
This may look like a joke, but compare this film set to the actual footage and you will be surprised.

The first time I saw that clip, I laughed my ass off!

Ever wonder why the photos from the moon were always perfectly centered, though the cameras had no viewfinders? Ever wonder why none of the photos show any radiation tracks? Ever wonder why none of the photos show evidence of melting or cracking? If the camera was in the sun too long, the film would melt, or if in the shade too long, the film would get very cold...and crack.

Oh, ever hear the moon hoax joke? NASA decided that Kubrick's perfectionism was so expensive that they decided it was cheaper to just do it for real.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I think I'll watch it. Some parts of the trailer remind me Sabotage by Beasty Boys.

edit on 1-8-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When watching the movie it was quite an eye opener to see them manipulate the photos the way they did, I laughed when they simply adjusted the earth and lander in the photo so everything was aligned so centrally

a reply to: BrokenCircles

yeah apparently "operation Avalanche" was the codename for the Allied landings near the port of Salerno, executed on 9 September 1943

a reply to: Trueman

After watching the movie it has some comedic elements, maybe not the same level of moustache though

new topics

top topics

join