It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey is burning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I'm not a racist. Those are all facts I have experienced.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I’ve got a friend from Turkey that is back there visiting family and friends right now. He’s been there for the last 4 weeks. He gets back in 3 days.

I’ll update the thread on what he has to say about it when he returns.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I’ve got a friend from Turkey that is back there visiting family and friends right now. He’s been there for the last 4 weeks. He gets back in 3 days.

I’ll update the thread on what he has to say about it when he returns.

Thanks

We reached out to some online friends we know over there but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm not sure which city they are in and if they are affected by the fires.
I'll update asap as well

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
For the last two days Turkey is burning.
A total of 81 fires in 24 different cities and the main stream media is not covering it (Europe, not sure about US coverage).
I only found out when I saw #prayforturkey trending on Twitter.

Almost every Turkish citizen that is talking about it online is saying that 'Turkey is not burning, it is being burned#!

map of fires

The Turkish people are crying out for help on social media:

my country is being burned the habitats of our people and animals are destroyed. we’re losing our people, animals, habitats. we’re losing our breath, our trees the fire is getting bigger.we need support. spread it, let the world know #PrayForTurkey

Turkey is not burning, Turkey is being burned! It is not necessary to have a high intelligence to understand that it is an arson.The fire still continues at more than 47 points in 7 different cities and and nothing done so far is enough. Please #PrayForTurkey

Hello, I am writing this tweet because we need help. Turkey has been burning for two days. We need to make our voices heard. Dozens of animals died. We are still in danger. Please help us. Our country is on fire. We need help. #PrayForTurkey

Turkey has been burning for about 2 days. Many fires broke out in many cities and still continue. Houses, fields, forests are burning. Our animals are dying. We lost a lot of lives. We need help. We need someone to hear our voice. Please don't stay silent. #PrayForTurkey

#prayforturkey

Do we have ATS members from the area that could explain why the people over there say they are 'being burned'?
Or about what is reported in local media?
Is it just wildfires?

I just saw that English media are doing short stories on it, they say it are wildfires.
NYTimes

Did a quick search and didn't find anything on ATS about it. If I posted this in the wrong forum, feel free to move it

The same Turkey who genocided Armenians and is run by the sociopath Erdoğan who wants to continue to genocide Armenians?

This is the first I have heard of Turkey burning. I havent even seen it on Twitter and I keep Twitter open.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

To anyone genuinely interested in the topic...

I'm sorry it drew out the racists

How do most Turks feel about Armenians? Most I see hate them and are racist towards them.

But yes, this is about fires. It is probably arson from what I can tell. Turkey has made a LOT of enemies because its leader is a homicidal sociopath. Whether the majority of citizens support him or not.....that I do not know. Sadly, fires are horrible for the environment and yes, innocent people always suffer from them.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wildfires in southern Turkey

Wildfires in southern Turkey

Pakdemirli said a total of 53 forest fires were reported in the country on Wednesday and Thursday, but that most of them had been brought under control. Three planes, 38 helicopters and some 4,000 firefighters were deployed to battle the blazes, he said.

Wildfires are common in Turkey’s Mediterranean and Aegean regions during the arid summer months, although some previous forest fires have been blamed on arson or outlawed Kurdish militants.

Emphasis mine. Much ado about nothing.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

some tidbits on Reuters

MANAVGAT, Turkey, July 30 (Reuters) - The death toll from wildfires on Turkey's southern coast has risen to four and firefighters were battling blazes for a third day on Friday after the evacuation of dozens of villages and some hotels.

More than 70 wildfires have broken out this week in provinces on Turkey's Aegean and Mediterranean coasts as well as inland areas, President Tayyip Erdogan said, adding that 14 were still burning.

Planes from Russia and Ukraine helped battle the flames and another from Azerbaijan was joining them. "As of midday, with the arrival of the planes, we are turning in a positive direction," Erdogan told reporters after Friday prayers.

Forestry Minister Bekir Pakdemirli said fires raged on in six provinces and officials promised to bring to account anyone found responsible for starting them.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In my experience in Belgium, and the Netherlands and Germany, growing up, Turkish people are very literate, intelligent, and kind. And the racism is stupid.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I always held them up as how Muslims should behave in the 'Western' World. In regards to not making a fuss and enjoying their new lives.
Ataturk was a good man.

Edit to say Germany owes a lot to Turks for rebuilding their country.
edit on 30/7/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'd love to pretend I feel compassion

Sounds very democratic.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 30 Jul 2021 16:18:27 -05002120217America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Bad translation?
I'd love to pretend I feel compassion, but... it's Erdogan's Turkey. Sooo...
Good riddance

Yup,let's judge a whole country off of one man's actions...🙄

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Bad translation?
I'd love to pretend I feel compassion, but... it's Erdogan's Turkey. Sooo...
Good riddance

You wont ever realize how sick of a comment that is.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I wonder who is doing that?

My family came from Turkey in 1913. My family was like royalty, even though we were Armenian, and not Muslim. My great grandmothers uncle was Hagop Kazazayan Pasha. He was given the title Pasha ( Ruler) by Hamid the second. He was Minister of Finance for the entire Ottoman empire. He died in 1888 in a horseback accident, on a stallion he was gifted by his best friend, the Sultan.

By 1913 it was time for us to leave. People sneered at us for selling our land and home. We heard a few years later that they were all dead. 1.5 million Armenians.

My sister told me there's fire in Canada, and the smoke was heavy where she is. Im currently on fire watch for my son who is in Northern Cali. He is off grid, and has no internet, and only occasional cell phone. Texts often go through. so thats what I do. We had a scare on the 25th, as there was a fire coming up the ridge at him, and he lost his truck keys.
That one is out, but there are some other large fires over 25 miles from him.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Here are pictures on what is going on.

www.sfgate.com...-21299707

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

A coworker of mine is traveling to Turkey in early August. I work with her tomorrow and I’ll see what I can find out.

For the record, she’s a great girl, hard worker and kind.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

To anyone genuinely interested in the topic...

I'm sorry it drew out the racists

If turkish was a race you would have a point. there is 1 race on earth.(except greys but they dont count) Now they are a ethnicity though.

Still its their problem,let them sort it out.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Not a single news source is talking about the fires in Turkey. Only aljazeera.
Four killed as wildfires sweep Turkey, force evacuations

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

It is suspected some fires may have been set, no confirmation though. My coworker is still going, it is not anywhere near where she will be.

Sorry, too busy at work to get much else. Guess it’s up to KKLOCO!

edit on 31-7-2021 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It os the next step in chinese invasion. One of the last later steps. Just like they been doin' to cali for a few years they doin' this before they invade taiwan in like 2 years

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Wasn't Russia experimenting with their new powerful EW system over Black Sea early in the week?

Seem to recall someone here mapping a large energy output directed towards (not saying at) Turkey?

Maybe got a little out of control?

Just speculation, but hoping someone here remembers more details.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join