It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Us About Your Delta Variant Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe it's just me and maybe because I'm not a politician, but the signs and symptoms of the dreaded "Delta Variant" seem a lot like the signs and symptoms of the common cold.

So we're re-doing the masks and potential shut-downs, basically the entire year of 2020 for a cold?

Well, I'm not a doctor...but I played one as a kid...and, yes, the Delta Variant looks and feels just like a mild cold.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am not a doctor but I play one online giving out
"medical" advice for free!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In Other Words it feels like another flu or cold?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

there's currently a non-covid19 cold that's sweeping round my town that's far nastier and knocking people out for a few days.

Ssshhhh...or 'they'll' hijack it and declare it another UK variant!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I am not a doctor but I play one online giving out
"medical" advice for free!

I'm glad you are, Mama.
I never could've performed that bowel resection on myself without your valuable advice.
edit on 30-7-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And I thought my diploma from the Jethro Bodine
school of medicine was a waste of money...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If your talking about a anything other than old airframes, high prices, bad food, smelly bathrooms and poor leg room in this thread then you need to turn off the tv.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You know, your wife having bad reactions to vaccines is actually not that rare, I know quite a few people who have people in their family that have very bad reactions to vaccines. Overall, If I would guesstimate....I probably know maybe thirty people who get really bad reactions to the flu vaccine like I do. I do know lots of people but I do not talk about vaccines with most people so I do not know about them. This thirty people is from people I discussed it with, and their whole family does not get vaccinated if there are some of them that do get bad reactions to the flu.

Most of the people who don't take vaccines for the flu around here don't take it because a close relative had a severe reaction. Calling them anti-vaxers is not appropriate. Some use the religious reason to not take vaccinations because they think that is the only excuse to deny taking it and possibly get sick...of those thirty I know with history of close relative having severe reaction, half use the religious reason as an excuse to get the doctor off their back.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: bastion

there's currently a non-covid19 cold that's sweeping round my town that's far nastier and knocking people out for a few days.

Ssshhhh...or 'they'll' hijack it and declare it another UK variant!

Rainbows
Jane

Hehe - Interestingly all the local chemists/GP pharmacy had run out of Covid test kits when I tried to pick up my prescription earlier (pingdemic meant all but one had run out of one of my medications).

it's certainly not false negatives in the test results as the GP Practice nurse, couple of immediate faimly and carers took two or three lft tests to make extra sure and all were negative

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I tend to have all the symptoms of one dose/two dose, because of allergies and living in a dry state. I am allergic to the grass and weeds and one tree in my yard. Sucks ass. *shrug*

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This site is calling the Delta Variant, "The Midterm Variant".

lol

patriotretort.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was just at the ER with my twin sister who tested positive for COVID19 for the second time within a two month span.

She's fine btw. She's taking medication that seriously compromises her immune system which explains a little how this happened.

I had COVID19 back in January but I was exposed to it twice now via my sister, when she had it two months ago and also now again in taking her to the ER where I just spent at least twenty minutes probably more like thirty minutes with her inside of a car with the windows up with the AC on with the air recirculating, literally sharing and breathing the same air in an enclosed small vehicle (I had two masks on too though lol).

I need a negative test to return to work, so I am waiting 3-5 days before I get tested after being exposed (today is the third day), but I will be really surprised if I test positive. Because I am suspecting that I have built up an immunity... my sister lives with her boyfriend who also, I suspect, has built up a natural immunity.

I waited with my sister in the waiting room… which was empty btw. We watched one patient lackadaisically wander out into the waiting room, the hospital staff were very annoyed about having to direct the patient back.

As I was walking back into the ER with my sister, one of the nurses said I couldn’t go back with her and blurted out that I probably had the virus, while maintaining a six foot distance. They acted like we had the black plague. They looked like a bunch of deer in headlights.

They then told me I had to wait in my car (explains the empty waiting room), and then they took my sister back and they prescribed some medication to help with her with the stomach pains she described she was having, within twenty minutes maybe, fastest ER trip ever.

What really baffled me was, my sister said the doctor told her that she needed to get vaccinated or else she’ll keep getting it over and over again. Now, I wasn’t there so I don’t know if my sister misinterpreted what was said… but it begged the question, aren’t they all vaccinated… so why were they so afraid of us?

If my sister should get vaccinated because it would help prevent her from getting it, why would they, the vaccinated staff, be so very cautious of us? I understood that they might not want us to infect other possibly unvaccinated patients, however there were no other patients around and they made sure of it, lol. And it just didn't seem to be very busy.

I made a Facebook post about it and my nurse friend explained that the vaccination doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it, and that it just might make your symptoms less severe. So at least that, right?

But why push and why sell the vaccine in this way when it's dishonest, as if to suggest that it will help prevent contracting it, as if it will protect you from it?

Why not just say it how it is, "this vaccination doesn't prevent you from contracting the virus, but it may help to reduce the symptoms in the event of contracting the virus, which in turn may save lives."

It's still all just a bunch of maybes. And also... my sisters immune system is compromised and her doctors told her to wait until after her medication treatment to get vaccinated, so idk, whoever she saw in the ER may just be a douche, idk though maybe they were just having a bad day.

That's my very current situation, I'm going to get tested maybe today. By the end of this weekend for sure. I have zero symptoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You get colds every year (I'm assuming) most people do.

The coronavirus is a cold virus.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I also had a perplexing test series...
In Feb., I had a "cold" - took the CV test because work wanted me to... (we were still in office a few days a week).
Took it first day of symptoms - NEG.
"Cold" stayed mild - over it in about a week.
In May, I developed a BAD rash on inside of arms and back of legs. Saw dermatologist.
She said it looked like typical "post CV rash" and asked if she could run an antibody test.
I agreed. Positive for antibodies.
She said rash normally follows illness by 2-3 months.
So was my "cold" (that I got a neg test result for) actually CV?
Otherwise, I had CV some other time and had no clue...
Dunno... ?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This site is calling the Delta Variant, "The Midterm Variant".

lol

patriotretort.com...

Aptly named.
Who, really, didn't see this coming?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

How can you be "The Most Female"...if you have a twin sister?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ditto. I am not an "anti-vaxxer" - both my adult sons are fully vaccinated for their childhood/young adult vaccines (with the exception of the Guardasil one).

However, I have an auto immune disorder and also had a mild case of GB after a flu shot many years ago. Again, my case was mild but it scared the heck out of me. Leg paralysis out of the blue - even if temporary - is no fun. I haven't gotten a flu shot since and only had the flu once in that time (I think about 20 years?).

My boys also are completely healthy and their pediatrician recommended when they were young, that they did not NOT need to get the flu vaccine. This was about 18 years ago and he said something like this, "The flu should be nothing but a minor annoyance for your boys. Every time they get it and beat it, their immune system will get stronger. One day, there will be a virus with no vaccination and their exercised/strengthened immune systems will be better suited to beat it." (Again - a long time ago so the words might be slightly different but the idea was the same.)

Therefore, they have rarely gotten the flu shot either since then (once or twice a doctor has talked them into it after they were old enough to decide for themselves). Right now, neither one has the CV vax. The oldest has coached youth travel baseball through the entire pandemic. That we know of, he has not had CV. The youngest is an actor and is tested daily. Has never tested positive.

Husband just doesn't want the VX for his own reasons...

With the new movie rules (some productions will only allow fully vaxxed individuals), youngest is getting nervous about not being able to work and losing roles. We were looking forward to Novavax for him for this reason mostly. Novavax shows 90.4% efficacy for all variants and 98% for alpha. It uses traditional vaccine technology - no MRNA. I heard today it should get emergency authorization approval by end of August. HOWEVER... also heard today... NOVAVAX won't count as fully vaccinated. WHY?????

a reply to: rickymouse

edit on 30-7-2021 by nicevillegrl because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, but people never really died from colds before, not in my lifetime precovid anyway. Right?

She's also the most female.

But really, she's even more female if that is possible... but, I did come out first. Even though I don't think I had a choice in that matter either because I think it's possible that she pushed me out first, lol!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The elderly and immune compromised dies from colds and flus all the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Is it remotely possible that the Delta variant has been in the society and has not been noticed and the real one was a variant of that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join