It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For us USA Veterans who fought in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The first part of the video has commercials . I know many of us here are of Vietnam Veterans .

Yes its' been years since I've have had my thoughts on this land scape . So sad , as it was said " Peace with honor "

edit on 0700000042322021-07-30T06:32:42-05:00324207am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The right cause was to fight for everyone on Earth's freedom to do what you want. Now look what those infil-TRAITORS are doing to try to destroy our Human Rights we all share on this Earth. They have raised "tolerance" so high that they don't tolerate anything. Asshats one and all trying to squash free speech, freedom to basic protection for you and your family and freedom to do as you please. Freedom for everyone as long as you have not been using unnecessary violence against another or theft.

edit on 30-7-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First video isn't working for me. And 2nd video is a vietnam operation. What is this thread about?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Probably the same nothing this similarly-titled thread from a few days ago is about.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

The second video is the first video properly embedded.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I wonder why this is in the mudpit. If it's a tribute to US hostilities in Vietnam it should be somewhere else.

I don't have anything against US veterans in foreign hostilities in general. It's just that some of them who have clubbed up together seem to want to be hostile to me.

The thing is that I was registered for the draft just like some of them but I just didn't win the lottery like they did.

About 15 years ago I was talking to my dad on the phone and I asked him if he ever joined the VFW. He told me that he went there one time and saw these Viet Nam vets with their long hair and some even with pony tails. So he asked one of them "What's with the pony tail? Don't you think that's a bit girly?"

My dad was a Marine even before the U.S. entered WWII. He got out just before the U.S. went into Vietnam. I went to his funeral a few years ago. There was a group of VFW members who made it a habit of showing up at funerals of U.S. military veterans as a show of solidarity or something.

Four of these VFW Vietnam vets were standing there with their arms crossed looking at me as if I were somehow unfit to attend a great man's funeral.

edit on 30-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's a part of my life I'd rather forget.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I got an error with the first video. My father is a Vietnam Vet and I want to send him the videos.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hate to tell you what would have happened if someone would walk up to me and comment on my long hair and pony tail as being girly.
What does that have to do with anything? As a Vietnam veteran I have dealt with a lot of criticism about my service from idiot civilians, and military people who think that because they “ could have been drafted, or they could have received orders for Vietnam” that this somehow qualifies them as an expert on Vietnam vets. Trust me, it does not. Whatever you think you know about it is wrong. To complicate matters, quite a few Veterans lie about having been there, and spread false information about the whole situation.
The only people that are qualified to have a valid opinion were there. If you weren’t there you could not possibly understand. Who we are. a reply to: pthena

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Don't go to funerals of vets that you don't know then. And I will do the same.

edit on 30-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
It was a gesture of respect for you’re fathers service. You find fault with that?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I hate to tell you what would have happened if someone would walk up to me and comment on my long hair and pony tail as being girly.

So what would you have done?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Tell you what. Let’s just leave that to you’re imagination.
a reply to: pthena

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I couldn't imagine being drafted and thrust into a war like that.

Alot of people were killed or hurt for nothing.

Unfortunately, we're still electing pro-war politicians till today.
edit on 30-7-2021 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, to tell the truth I wasn’t drafted. I hate to think it was all for nothing, but you are correct that a lot of people died on both sides. Anyone that wants war has never been involved in one. Politicians have always started wars for countless reasons with little care about who gets hurt. reply to: CptGreenTea

new topics

top topics

join