It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANE: F-117 Nighthawks photographed heading toward Area-51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yep. A lot of hope that they'll bring it around to shows.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There's a lot of testing in various fields going on right now. From lasers to hypersonics.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Nine times out of ten the A-10s head west to the Goldwater range, or south of the Casa Grande area. You see them on tracker fairly often lately, with some great callsigns. They've gone as far as Fort Irwin recently, supporting Army training on their ranges.

Did you check that Black A-10 paint job with the snakes head at the front? bloody awesome

link

Wow!

Never knew about that.

Looks quite beastly.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Nine times out of ten the A-10s head west to the Goldwater range, or south of the Casa Grande area. You see them on tracker fairly often lately, with some great callsigns. They've gone as far as Fort Irwin recently, supporting Army training on their ranges.

Did you check that Black A-10 paint job with the snakes head at the front? bloody awesome

link

Goldwater range is close enough that I might see from home if they have a little altitude!

I'll definately drive for a closer look if I do.

Thank you!

ETA - apparently replied to wrong post here, thank you Zaphod!

edit on 30-7-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There's a lot of testing in various fields going on right now. From lasers to hypersonics.

Yup seriously getting hard to keep up, huge push in all areas of development army navy air-force space etc

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

link

Wow!

Never knew about that.

Looks quite beastly.

Best paint job IMO

Absolutely kick-ass

click
BADASS

edit on 30-7-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It seems laser/rail-guns lost funding in favor of hyper-sonic catch-up

But i don't fully believe that's the case

You don't just broadcast that tttishh in circumstances like this

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Rail Guns are like Rods From God. They make kick ass weapons in sci-fi movies, but in reality they're not as effective, and extremely difficult to make work. They finally stopped doing damage to themselves, but they can't get the fire rate up to where they want it.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You see them in this area a lot.

edit on 7/30/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You see them in this area a lot.

Thank you!

I can't see any from my house at the moment, but now I know exactly where to drive.

Very close.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Rail Guns are like Rods From God. They make kick ass weapons in sci-fi movies, but in reality they're not as effective, and extremely difficult to make work. They finally stopped doing damage to themselves, but they can't get the fire rate up to where they want it.

Yeah, rail guns should be reserved for that super secret space fleet for our breakaway civilization, aye comrades?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Took my elderly parents for a drive near town of Maricopa today and saw a LOT of aerial activity.

Parked about a mile into the desert to get away from highway noise, and we could hear many of the planes.

They loved every minute of it!

Mom is in wheelchair with many health issues and only goes out of house once a week for socially distanced church service. Haven't seen her that excited in 18 months.

Couldn't identify many aircraft due to altitude, but MANY in the sky at once.

Was quite a show, even when just following contrails.

Looked like some fighters were playing hide & seek with partial clouds. Mom liked that the most.

Saw what looked like f18s in afterburner climb from 10-15k to what looked like 50k to this amateur.

Saw what looked like squadron sized aerial combat maneuvers.

And saw one SUPER fast mover at VERY high altitude quickly overtake & fly past everyone in the area.

Had to leave due to monsoon coming in, but a great time for all.

Thank you Zaphod!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Always happy to help. The ATAC Mirages play in that area fairly often. I've more than once seen the contrails when they're in a turning fight when we go through there. The winds brought some interesting commercial traffic over the area today too.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Always happy to help. The ATAC Mirages play in that area fairly often. I've more than once seen the contrails when they're in a turning fight when we go through there. The winds brought some interesting commercial traffic over the area today too.

The ones I identified as f16 could easily been mirage, smaller with single engine and tail.

The afterburner climbs were done by something slightly larger with 2 engines and tails. Guessing f18, but maybe f15 or f22?

The fast moving high flyer intrigued me. Seemed larger than the other planes, even at higher altitude.
Don't think it was delta wing, but couldn't be sure. No idea what that one might have been, but speed was impressive.

I didn't see any commercial planes at the time. Just assumed that military had the airspace restricted.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Private jets go over the area, and some of them are fast. There are two or three that cruise at 0.9 Mach.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join