It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really like AI involvement games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I mean I could shoot at them all day in CSGO or the Skyrim/Sims unspeakables. But I have a huge hunger for more experiences with interactions like in Fable how you could gain fame and notoriety and such, felt really kind of personal in how you play it. Like a Fable civiilzation would be cool where you go espionage and such. Town builders, I guess you could call it, don't really raise the bar ever though, Rimworld did a good job of this improving upon DF's desgin but dam like I enjoy games like Stardew Valley and Red Dead which are nice and all, but like, maybe I just need friends.

I would like to see a much better Spore like game, that has different eras and such, that has economy and moving soldiers around a map while you still have to eat and poo and harvest resources. There is like a zillion games but none seem to ever get it right. I think something like Ark and a god game, like Universim made themselves out to be originally, would be great! To go from fighting beasts with spears to end up fighting the Apocolypse with god-tier tech in the end but most importantly you would have all this peacetime you would have to fight for where you could flourish your world for the next fight.
edit on 29-7-2021 by themightymerlin because: was messy so i #ed it up worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: themightymerlin

To go from fighting beasts with spears to end up fighting the Apocolypse with god-tier tech

The only game that does this is Empire Earth.

Sadly the most recent version was released in 2006.
edit on 3072021 by Wide-Eyes because: Punctuation

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Try Kenshi, on the surface a clunky load of crap however one of the greatest games ever developed, if it’s depth and an evolving world you want, its unparalleled. Be prepared tho at first it’s unforgiving to say the least, you’ll lose a few in game limbs before you manage to even get to the building aspect of the game. There’s simply nothing else like it, if you manage to get past the first few frustrating hours there’s no turning back.

Once you get to the late game mechanics it's actually quite startling just how deep this game is. 10/10

edit on 30/7/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

That game looks almost as awesome as that guy's review!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Try Kenshi, on the surface a clunky load of crap however one of the greatest games ever developed, if it’s depth and an evolving world you want, its unparalleled. Be prepared tho at first it’s unforgiving to say the least, you’ll lose a few in game limbs before you manage to even get to the building aspect of the game. There’s simply nothing else like it, if you manage to get past the first few frustrating hours there’s no turning back.

Once you get to the late game mechanics it's actually quite startling just how deep this game is. 10/10

Politics and violence set in an apocalyptic environment, Kenshi is a good game, can also add a huge variety of mods to make it even better, each world event has different knock on effects to how the rest of the world plays out

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yea Kenshi is good, I prefer more like Rise of Nations though, I like Navies and strategic geography and stuff like that,

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Have you tried any of the Total War games?

I'd say the best examples of the series are:

Shogun 2
Medieval
Empire (has naval battles)

Real time 3d battles combined with turn based strategy.

Stellaris is another little gem if you like grand strategy.

edit on 30/7/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Also, have a look at foxhole, like an MMORTS.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Dam it... Looks awesome but I can't do EA unless it is incredibly popular like Klei's games or 7DTD.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It’s incredibly popular, you can’t even join the main server anymore due to an influx of new players. Everyone uses in game voip and the community are all friendly, it’s a team game, 100s of players working together.

Don’t let the EA tag put you off, it’s stable, plenty of content and well designed. If you like RTS it’s something a bit different. I would definitely watch some guides on the building, research and logistics roles before jumping in. Battles can last for months and strategy is key.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ANNO 1800

Is insanely good

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have the same appreciation for AI. My first experience with something like this was Fallout New Vegas and I thought that that was as deep as it gets. My God was I wrong. My personal favourite were the relationship-based interaction in Rune Factory 3, the lengthy NPC dialogues in piegp.com..., and the history-based story branches in Tyranny.

top topics

join