It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you expect everyone is honest about their vaccination status?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
How honest do we believe everyone is regarding their vaccines? It’s not exactly legal to double check right? Do I have to carry some badge or have a smart phone app to prove I’ve been vaccinated? Why should I trust that you’ve been vaccinated?

Why should I be honest with those I don’t even trust?

Aren't fake vaccine cards a booming (if illegal) business at the moment?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Not exactly harmless. Overstated, perhaps so, yes even.

People have died as a direct result of contracting it. So it is, under certain circumstances, extremely dangerous. Like any other illness.

This one has been overplayed for purely political purposes...gaining, and the retention, of power.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

Do you expect everyone is honest about their vaccination status?

It's none of my goddam business whether or not others have been vaccinated.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

This isn't rocket science...

First you get an identity management platform that is coupled to your SSN. Everything from filling taxes to applying for subsidies, registering your vehicle or school is verified in this database.

Now you couple it with your electronic medical files and the person at the cinema only has to scan a QR-code on your phone to allow or deny you access. Whether this is because you aren't vaccinated or not is not revealed...computer just says no.
edit on 30-7-2021 by keukendeur because: spellign

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I personally don’t care, but I see a lot of building pressure to discuss it. Some folks feel very bold asking even it it makes me uncomfortable, and I answer truthfully. But if we keep pushing towards rights for some and not rights for all with the vaccine as a focal point of that, how honest will everyone be?

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't think it should matter to you.

If you are vaccinated and someone you are with is not, then why do you care? If you believed in the shot enough to get it, then you should be secure in your protections ... right? It ought not matter if you're with someone without the shot at all. And if you have zero confidence in the shot, then why did you get it?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

This isn't rocket science...

First you get an identity management platform that is coupled to your SSN. Everything from filling taxes to applying for subsidies, registering your vehicle or school is verified in this database.

Now you couple it with your electronic medical files and the person at the cinema only has to scan a QR-code on your phone to allow or deny you access. Whether this is because you aren't vaccinated or not is not revealed...computer just says no.
So my medical data is freely available in some database im not choosing to be a part of for others to access and deny my entry?

Why the prickly opening? Bad coffee today?

edit on 30-7-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
None of my connects have offered me one, I have no idea.

originally posted by: GravitySucks

How honest do we believe everyone is regarding their vaccines? It’s not exactly legal to double check right? Do I have to carry some badge or have a smart phone app to prove I’ve been vaccinated? Why should I trust that you’ve been vaccinated?

Why should I be honest with those I don’t even trust?

Aren't fake vaccine cards a booming (if illegal) business at the moment?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why would those who have been vaccinated, have any reason to say they are unvaccinated?

There is a narrative going around some getting the vaccine have to hide their identity while doing so as to not have repercussions in their community ( of rural “backwardsy people”, says liberal news rooms)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
So what is the difference between an employer requesting, or even requiring, an employee's (or potential employee) vaccine status, and an employer requesting or requiring a drug test?

From the individual's standpoint, both could be considered "an invasion of personal medical privacy" (since substance abuse is considered a medical issue nowadays).

From the employer's standpoint, the risk of having someone on staff who, due to their unrevealed "medical condition/status", potentially endangers the employer's entire workforce, constitutes a serious legal and financial risk.

Are we now, because some people are suspicious of the government's motives, saying that a business owner cannot be allowed to protect his/her investment by acting to protect, as best as they see fit, their employees?

Good questions. There should be no difference as that’s not a question they should be able to ask. What would happen if one were to lie here? How would you be found out?

Why should the employer be able to discriminate against you? Indeed that does have some legal implications.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I have yet to be in situation where I was asked. Most know my stance on the subject. I'm still mentally preparing for the future confrontations that I know are coming.

Many have asked me and I’ve been honest and chastised by friend and family. I’m concerned when my grocer decides to ask me, or my kids school asks me

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So my medical data is freely available in some database im not choosing to be a part of for others to access and deny my entry?

Was that a prickly opening? I am sorry about that, it certainly wasn't my intention.

An EMR (elec. medical record) or EHR (elec. health record) are pretty common where I come from. It really is a useful tool for patient and medical professional. Most people do not object to it because in an emergency all your data is available where it is needed.

We also have this identity management platform called DigiD where all your other stuff is stored like I mentioned before. Slowly we are working towards full eID's, that is a digital solution for proof of identity of citizens. They can be used to view or to access benefits or services provided by government authorities, banks or other companies, for mobile payments, etc.

I got vaccinated two months ago, my medical record was updated with this info and now they coupled this info to my eID so I can log on to my DigiD portal and generate a QR-code that can be scanned at theaters, restaurants, theme parks etc.

So no vaccination, no QR-code.

Nobody is asking me if I got vaccinated, they just want to see your ticket to see the show. No ticket, no entry...

It sucks, I know
edit on 30-7-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So the system you’re discussing offers me no security and quite a bit of concern! I don’t to offer my data into that system, or have it be accessed by private business, employers govt or anyone else.

Asking for my QR code at entry is the same as asking for my vaccination status, I suppose my ability to lie is hindered unless I’m able to falsify those documents.

I took it as a bit prickly, but appreciate your response and clarification

Was that a prickly opening? I am sorry about that, it certainly wasn't my intention.

An EMR (elec. medical record) or EHR (elec. health record) are pretty common where I come from. It really is a useful tool for patient and medical professional. Most people do not object to it because in an emergency all your data is available where it is needed.

We also have this identity management platform called DigiD where all your other stuff is stored like I mentioned before. Slowly we are working towards full eID's, that is a digital solution for proof of identity of citizens. They can be used to view or to access benefits or services provided by government authorities, banks or other companies, for mobile payments, etc.

I got vaccinated two months ago, my medical record was updated with this info and now they coupled this info to my eID so I can log on to my DigiD portal and generate a QR-code that can be scanned at theaters, restaurants, theme parks etc.

So no vaccination, no QR-code.

Nobody is asking me if I got vaccinated, they just want to see your ticket to see the show. No ticket, no entry...

It sucks, I know

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"do you expect everyone is honest" snip

No. About nothing. That includes vaccination status.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yeah we had quite a few concerns here at first as well until they made it mandatory when submitting tax forms.

So you are free to use it or not but if you want to file your taxes you'd better use it...lol

See how voluntary that was...yeah me neither.

Good luck resisting the IRS

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Yeah we had quite a few concerns here at first as well until they made it mandatory when submitting tax forms.

So you are free to use it or not but if you want to file your taxes you'd better use it...lol

sorry, you’re telling me the IRS has access to my medical data when I submit my taxes?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What country is this? That is shocking, you need proof of vax to submit a tax return? This is going too far now.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Uhhh...if you live in the Netherlands, theoretically...yes they could.

I have no idea why they would need it though.

More concerning should be insurance companies having access to your medical data. (which of course they have over here) or pharmacies refusing to provide you medication if you don't have an EMR.

You can object to all of it but it really puts you in such a position that you'll end up damaging yourself.

For instance: beside an EMR we also have a ECR which stands for Electronic Child Record. Everything about the development of your child in school and medical history is stored in this system. It is updated and kept until the child reaches the age of 34!!

You can object, as a parent, against such a record but your own EMR is updated with a "code orange" because you are a risk factor for your child's health...see where this is going.

You just have to assimilate and smile.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: doorhandle
What country is this? That is shocking, you need proof of vax to submit a tax return? This is going too far now.

I think I may have explained myself wrong but the Dutch government is always happy to take your money vaxxed or unvaxxed.

I was just pointing out that all these eID systems are intertwined and any info on one level can be had on an other level, it is just up to the one keeping the information...which is the government.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
From what I have been reading, family pressure in on way or the other causes lying about being pumped full o juice. a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Unreal!
The Netherlands is requiring this? Americans haven’t stood for anything like that before, that explains my lack of familiarity with what you were discussing.

How long has that been a thing in the Netherlands? How do people feel about that?

Uhhh...if you live in the Netherlands, theoretically...yes they could.

I have no idea why they would need it though.

More concerning should be insurance companies having access to your medical data. (which of course they have over here) or pharmacies refusing to provide you medication if you don't have an EMR.

You can object to all of it but it really puts you in such a position that you'll end up damaging yourself.

For instance: beside an EMR we also have a ECR which stands for Electronic Child Record. Everything about the development of your child in school and medical history is stored in this system. It is updated and kept until the child reaches the age of 34!!

You can object, as a parent, against such a record but your own EMR is updated with a "code orange" because you are a risk factor for your child's health...see where this is going.

You just have to assimilate and smile.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join